Last night’s Public Hearing on the proposed Pleasant St. improvement project

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Educatedmaldonian. Show Educatedmaldonian's posts

Last night’s Public Hearing on the proposed Pleasant St. improvement project

There was someone missing from last night’s Public hearing regarding the most vital part of our city, Pleasant Street in downtown Malden. This meeting was the forum to allow for public input regarding the improvement project to our city center.

We are finally at the point where the money is being allocated, and designs are in the works.
    HOW COULD THE MAYORAL CANDIDATE DEB FALLON NOT SHOW??

Gary Christenson was there with well thought out plans and suggestions for improvements. It was quite obvious he had done his research and came up with useful, feasible suggestions and options for Pleasant Street. Among them were; parking proposals, suggestions for improved access for seniors, ways to make environmental "green" changes, improving the pedestrian’s experience and new signage!

This meeting was well publicized along with details of the proposed changes the DOT would be presenting. It wasn’t hard to do some research. I find it UNACCEPTABLE that she wasn’t there.  Not only to make her own suggestions, but at least to hear what the citizens of Malden had to say.
    I thought she was the people’s advocate?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JIRKYRICK. Show JIRKYRICK's posts

Re: Last night’s Public Hearing on the proposed Pleasant St. improvement project

I emailed both candidates this week,  Gary did respond, but with any real specifics other than the parking.  I want to know the specifics about fixing the rundown store fronts and all the dollar stores and nail stores that proliferate Malden Square.  No answer on that.

Ms Fallon has not responded, which leads me to believe she has no no plan.

I would like to hear the specific objectives and the plan to accomplish them.  A few ideas from Gary, but really anyone can say that want convenience and accessibility. that is not a plan although it is a nice objective.

I am not sure what convenience and accessability means, but it will not matter to me how conveneint and accessible the square is if there is no reason to go there.  Two restaurants, All Seasons and Exchange Street Bistro are the only two reasons I have to spend money downtown, thats about it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkDontTrip. Show WalkDontTrip's posts

Re: Last night’s Public Hearing on the proposed Pleasant St. improvement project

She will only go to meetings with the Firemen in it. You skipped out on all the sticker parking meetings. The meetings over cameras. And from the list I have here she is in the PSC.

Gary will go to every meeting to help answer any questions. And he has done this since he came into office.

Thats a Mayor for you!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from taxed2much. Show taxed2much's posts

ARE THERE ANY PHOTOS OF GARY AT ALL THOSE MEETINGS?

LOL

In Response to Re: Last night’s Public Hearing on the proposed Pleasant St. improvement project:
    She will only go to meetings with the Firemen in it. You skipped out on all the sticker parking meetings. The meetings over cameras. And from the list I have here she is in the PSC. Gary will go to every meeting to help answer any questions. And he has done this since he came into office. Thats a Mayor for you!!!
    Posted by WalkDontTrip

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkDontTrip. Show WalkDontTrip's posts

Maybe. But like I said hes been doing it for years. He is mayor material. He is always on hand to talk and answer questions. Fallon either does not show up, or will not return your call. And to boot blames everything on the lack of firemen.

If China invaded us on this very day, Fallon would blame it on the lack of Firemen.

Its the SAME OL SAME OL.

She has NO PLANS for the city. Just Firemen.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Educatedmaldonian. Show Educatedmaldonian's posts

Gary read off specifics at the meeting, and reporters were present so I hope they will print them!  Otherwise, since it is public knowledge, let me see if I can get all the details he outlined.  I only put the general statments I was made aware of.  Gary will ALWAYS call people back- he has nothing to hide.

I am curious why someone would vote NO - why in the world should she NOT GO to a public meeting on one of the most important topics in our city. 

Let me guess- afraid to show she had no plans??

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkDontTrip. Show WalkDontTrip's posts

She will only go to a meeting if she is front and center stage. That alone is sad.

She walks out of meetings. Did the people elect her to do that?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Maldengal. Show Maldengal's posts

I have been to a lot of community events and have not seen her. Believe me.... I understand people have lives outside of politics, but I find it odd that something like this.... that is so important to the community.... and she was a "no show".... does not look good for her. Especially if she is "for the people".  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Julii. Show Julii's posts

Fallon has demonstrated time after time that she is for herself, and a select few others. Not a representative "for the people." She has not made herself part of the community...does not represent any majority of people by leaving meetings early and not staying to answer questions and discuss with the public. Her avoidance of meetings and discussion speaks volumes. (Don't bother with how she's THE advocate for public meetings and public involvement....actions speak louder than words. Her own avoidance of public meetings speak volumes.)

Someone mentioned that Fallon only shows up to meetings she sponsors herself, and is the center of attention. I have to agree with this, as it's been my own observation as well. This speaks volumes about the candidate.

Someone asked what does it matter how long a mayoral candidate has resided in the city....it matter lots, and it also matters whether or not a candidate is participatory in civic events and public meetings, such as the one held last night, concerning the future of the city. Residency (long term vs. sporadic residency) within the city speaks volumes about the candidate's feelings of loyalty to Malden.

Someone snidely asked if Christenson was photographed at the meeting.....why not?! HE'S THERE! and ON A REGULAR BASIS at meetings and events. SHE'S NOT THERE, ON A REGULAR BASIS. Sorry, but this is HUGE. It speaks volumes about the involvement and dedication of the candidates.

Let's be realistic.....Malden's not feeling the love from Fallon.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CuriousMaldonian. Show CuriousMaldonian's posts

I am shocked Fallon wasn't at that meeting. If she was truly a contender for the next Mayor of Malden she should have been there. The person who becomes the mayor will have to bring this plan to fruition. In my opinion, this meeting was over her head. She has one year experience on the council, her budgetary experience is minimal at best, and she has no track record of follow through. 

Christenson has researched the downtown issues and has a plan of what he would like to see for our community. He will be the next Mayor of Malden so of course he was there with information to actually participate meaningfully in the conversation with facts and feasible possibilities. Christenson will be the one to oversee the project WHEN he is the mayor so of course he was there!

Christenson for Mayor!  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Julii. Show Julii's posts

Fallon obviously has no large budget experience, no civic planning experience, and therefore, no desire to make herself available to the public at meetings. Fallon is an advocate for TRANSPARENCY? ....someone must be confusing TRANSPARENCY with INVISIBILITY!

I look forward to Christenson for Mayor. He consistently proves that he is READY, WILLING, and ABLE!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from taxed2much. Show taxed2much's posts

i was not being snide about if he was photographed there it was a joke... just a joke. someone made a commment about how he is in all those photos and i was just attempting to lighten things up a bit.

we all need a sense of humor and a good laugh now and then

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Julii. Show Julii's posts

Humor is great, no doubt about it. The best medicine.

Just let's not muddy up the reality of the situation with jokes about someone's good character. That would be unfortunate.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Educatedmaldonian. Show Educatedmaldonian's posts

Very Telling no comment from the Fallon Team on this topic because it is INEXCUSABLE.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkDontTrip. Show WalkDontTrip's posts

Fallon Groupies will not reply to this one.

She must of had a meeting with the firemen.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from taxed2much. Show taxed2much's posts

it was just a comment (joke) about all the photos he is in and nothing about his character... OK? /> in reality he is in lots of photos all the time..

In Response to Re: Last night’s Public Hearing on the proposed Pleasant St. improvement project:
    Humor is great, no doubt about it. The best medicine. Just let's not muddy up the reality of the situation with jokes about someone's good character. That would be unfortunate.
    Posted by Julii

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lirazel. Show Lirazel's posts

Gary does go to a lot of meetings. What's more, he takes notes and follows through if he says he will do something. Sometimes that makes me a little uncomfortable -- I don't want to feel like someone is doing me favors in exchange for future votes. But on the other hand, knowing someone with clout is essential if you want to get anything done in Malden, and that will not change soon no matter who is Mayor.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from activemaldonian. Show activemaldonian's posts

I have had the same experience with Gary.  He is so organized that he does walk around with his "notepaper" in his back pocket!  He has done that long before running for mayor. I teased him about it myself, but it helps to keep him organized and to make sure he gets back to you.  I mentioned that he may be able to loosen up on these types of things when he is Mayor and has a staff to help him!

You are correct about any new administration.  It would be difficult for a new comer to step into the running without experience. At least his experience comes from years of work and not the political machine of a family name. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from taxed2much. Show taxed2much's posts

well based on what i have seen so far it is going to be hard for me to vote for fallon. i was trying to get some info about her plans and i get tagged as a GC subversive...

is there a fallon for mayor campaign office in malden? maybe i can go there and get the information

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from activemaldonian. Show activemaldonian's posts

Here is another interesting piece of information.  On Fallon's website she aligns herself with Mai Hung from the Chinese Culture Connection.  Why wasn't she at their annual fundraiser Gala??
    This was a very special event where awards for outstanding volunteers were given out to Malden residents and AGAIN she is NOT PRESENT.  A number of candidates and area businesses supported the CCC with ads in the program- she gave NO SUPPORT.

I heard this was another example of the people she has alienated.
    Where is "The people's advocate"??

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Julii. Show Julii's posts

Actions do speak much louder than words.

The candidates are showing us what to expect from them, loud and clear, no doubt about it.

Gary has always been and continues to be present, attentive, and active.

Fallon has proven to be absent, attentive only to those who agree with her, and all talk.

For those who absurdly voted that Fallon "shouldn't have been present at the planning meeting" at the beginning of this blog, you have been well conditioned to expect VERY LITTLE from your candidate. It was ARROGANT FOR A MAYORAL CANDIDATE NOT TO HAVE ATTENDED, and ARROGANT to vote NO, SHE SHOULDN'T HAVE ATTENDED. We sure do not need arrogance in our future!

We can expect much more from Gary Christenson. We can be confident of that!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from goindownswingin. Show goindownswingin's posts

when gary christenson gets elected, or gary as you call him...he can hire a spadafora, a kinnon and a ...ummmm...let's throw in a simonetti.....then...malden will be all set, good times here we come!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from WantOutofHere. Show WantOutofHere's posts

In Response to Last night’s Public Hearing on the proposed Pleasant St. improvement project:
    There was someone missing from last night’s Public hearing regarding the most vital part of our city, Pleasant Street in downtown Malden. This meeting was the forum to allow for public input regarding the improvement project to our city center. We are finally at the point where the money is being allocated, and designs are in the works. HOW COULD THE MAYORAL CANDIDATE DEB FALLON NOT SHOW?? Gary Christenson was there with well thought out plans and suggestions for improvements. It was quite obvious he had done his research and came up with useful, feasible suggestions and options for Pleasant Street. Among them were; parking proposals, suggestions for improved access for seniors, ways to make environmental "green" changes, improving the pedestrian’s experience and new signage! This meeting was well publicized along with details of the proposed changes the DOT would be presenting. It wasn’t hard to do some research. I find it UNACCEPTABLE that she wasn’t there.  Not only to make her own suggestions, but at least to hear what the citizens of Malden had to say. I thought she was the people’s advocate?
    Posted by Educatedmaldonian

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from WantOutofHere. Show WantOutofHere's posts

I've been to a number of meetings and Councillor Fallon has been present. In fact, she was one who started up these crime prevention meetings last year, which none of the other councillors bothered to attend. It wasn't until the rest of them figured out that there was a major level of discontent in the city, that the other councillors started having their own, and refused to invite her.

More oftern than not, even if she does show up, Gary and other other councillors will not allow her to speak or ask questions, especially at a meeting like this.

You are trying create a perception of Ms Fallon that she has been absent from many meetings, which is entirely false.

Fallon has demonstrated time after time that she is for herself, and a select few others. Not a representative "for the people." She has not made herself part of the community...does not represent any majority of people by leaving meetings early and not staying to answer questions and discuss with the public. Her avoidance of meetings and discussion speaks volumes. (Don't bother with how she's THE advocate for public meetings and public involvement....actions speak louder than words. Her own avoidance of public meetings speak volumes.) Someone mentioned that Fallon only shows up to meetings she sponsors herself, and is the center of attention. I have to agree with this, as it's been my own observation as well. This speaks volumes about the candidate. Someone asked what does it matter how long a mayoral candidate has resided in the city....it matter lots, and it also matters whether or not a candidate is participatory in civic events and public meetings, such as the one held last night, concerning the future of the city. Residency (long term vs. sporadic residency) within the city speaks volumes about the candidate's feelings of loyalty to Malden. Someone snidely asked if Christenson was photographed at the meeting.....why not?! HE'S THERE! and ON A REGULAR BASIS at meetings and events. SHE'S NOT THERE, ON A REGULAR BASIS. Sorry, but this is HUGE. It speaks volumes about the involvement and dedication of the candidates. Let's be realistic.....Malden's not feeling the love from Fallon.
    Posted by Julii

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from WantOutofHere. Show WantOutofHere's posts

Well, if you have a no-show job at the sherriff's department, you certainly have the time to go to everything. Councillor Fallon has a job where it is expected that you show up and do what you were hired to do.

The actions that I seen from Councillor Fallon is that she willing to stand up to the status quo and challenge something or someone who
    Putting in a bike lane on Pleasant Street isn't going to clear out the corruption in city hall.

As for Fallon being absent from many of the meeting, that is a lie!

Remember:
    Richard Howard is backing Gary C.

Actions do speak much louder than words. The candidates are showing us what to expect from them, loud and clear, no doubt about it. Gary has always been and continues to be present, attentive, and active. Fallon has proven to be absent, attentive only to those who agree with her, and all talk. For those who absurdly voted that Fallon "shouldn't have been present at the planning meeting" at the beginning of this blog, you have been well conditioned to expect VERY LITTLE from your candidate. It was ARROGANT FOR A MAYORAL CANDIDATE NOT TO HAVE ATTENDED, and ARROGANT to vote NO, SHE SHOULDN'T HAVE ATTENDED. We sure do not need arrogance in our future! We can expect much more from Gary Christenson. We can be confident of that!
    Posted by Julii

Sections
Shortcuts