Let's actually get something started (and accomplished!)!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from cit4malden. Show cit4malden's posts

Let's actually get something started (and accomplished!)!

There is a lot going on with Malden these days, both good and bad.  I think that there are a lot of citizens of Malden that really care about the community and the direction that it is hopefully headed in. 

I have lived in Malden for about 10 years and during that time have seen a lot of changes again, both good and bad.  What is so frustrating to me is that there is no reason for Malden to be a 2nd or 3rd or 4th rate community, it has a prime location on the T and a good community center, we SHOULD be flourishing...but we are not (well not yet!). We need to remind our elected officials that they are just that ELECTED and we want something actually done to increase our property values and create a strong and safe community.  

We are in this together! So let's start having some conversations about what we can do to make Malden a better place to live!

Follow me on Twitter for my observations good (and bad) about Malden @cit4malden and add your own!! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThreeStooges88. Show ThreeStooges88's posts

Re: Let's actually get something started (and accomplished!)!

I suggest if you want this done you take a good look at who you have in office for Mayor and also your city elected officers. We have a council of 11 members and most do not care about the residents nor their opinion. We have a Mayor who lies to the citizens about the budget and who scares the council into doing what he wants.
    The residents ahve spoken on many issues, but as always we are shut out, just like in recent times with the Blue Bags. The residents spoke and in reality we won and they found a loop hole to shut us out.
    When you contact your Ward Council Member or At Large, they hear what you have to say and when they are done sending a response to you via email or phone (they are no longer sweet and nice). When your in front of them they play the sweet innocent talk, but behind our backs they can't stand us.
    I myself have tried to approach the council, but have been shut out, it's ashame, it's down grading how they act to your fact and then go and ignore you when you walk away like we are worth nothing.
    WE HAVE A FEW NEW PEOPLE IN OFFICE AND I SURE HOPE THINGS GET ACCOMPLISHED AND THAT FOR ONCE THE RESIDENTS MATTER.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cit4malden. Show cit4malden's posts

I completely agree with you.  I have tried to contact them as well and have gotten no where.  One person or even a couple of people may be easy to ignore, but a large group is decidedly harder.  We are all voters.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dicampo. Show dicampo's posts

What seems to be the problem in malden? we elect people to represent us, they get in office, and the mayor gives them the Koolaid they drink it, and its the same ole same.ole. Our streets and sidewalks are a discrase. we voted by a 3 to 1 margin to abolish PAYT and they basically tell us we dont count, As A homeowner living in malden for over 30 years it is sad to see what's happening. I love this city,

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from buddykerr. Show buddykerr's posts

a] mayor kelliher b] mayor conway c] mayor fallon d] mayor lucey e] mayor howard.     which mayor least likely to drink koolaid? answer e]  which mayor is least 'scary'? answer e]. which mayor is easiest to 'reach'? answer all of the above. what do all above mayors care about most ? answer. malden

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tuxcat. Show tuxcat's posts

I agree -- I've lived in the West End for over ten years, and can't remember ever seeing a road repair crew anywhere in the vicinity.  I visited the site where you can track how your town is spending their stimulus money, and it appears Malden funded two education research projects??  If I read that correctly, it's very typical of how they can never do anything quite the right way - the intent of the stimulus bill was to create jobs through infrastructure improvement.  They should use Somerville as an example - they have found creative, innovative ways to improve the quality of living there, and have greatly improved their image, while Malden seems to be in decline.  Not sure what the solution is, but they don't seem to have a clue either.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cit4malden. Show cit4malden's posts

It is very frustrating and with the robbery again at 7-11!!! WE NEED TO DO something about this!  Write to the mayor, he maybe able to ignore one but he can't ignore us all!!!

Call!! Write!! Go to City Hall!! Do something!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cantwaitfor2013. Show Cantwaitfor2013's posts

Nuke the city and start from scrath. too many a-holes to get anything meaningful started. demo the city and rebuild.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SatnNLace. Show SatnNLace's posts

It's up to the residents to do something..Get your neighbors involved..
    Ward 8 has started a Neighborhood Crime Watch Program...
    Maybe if every ward would follow, the crime rate might go down..I have lived in Malden for 40 years, it was always considered safe..
    The Linden section was always a desirable section to live in but it has changed...Don't wait for your elected officials to do something..You might grow old....My suggestion is, don't let the thugs run YOU out of your city, run the thugs out of YOUR city instead...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ddsuburbs. Show ddsuburbs's posts

This is a great discussion. What about federal stimulus money? What are the top three projects where you'd spend money from the federal stimulus program in Malden?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

cit4malden---this city government has not applied for any
      Stimulus Money for Shovel Ready projects. I submitted 
      2 proposals to the Mayor's office and City Council which
      help improve this city. I asked our State Reps and U.S
      Senators to investigate and they cannot find any request.
      This Administration is BLIND to its residents  they do not
      return phone calls, letters. and e-mails.
      Let all show up at Next Tuesday night Council Meeting
      4/27/2010 at 6Pm and ask questions the more the
      merrier.  I been asking these Questions since last
      October.  Frankarenella@gmail.com

Sections
Shortcuts