Lets get Started NOW!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheVendetta. Show TheVendetta's posts

Lets get Started NOW!!!

Its a nice day out. So I am going to go on a small tour of Malden. I want to look for some issues around the area. Tagging, Large Pot Holes, The Linden Square Island infront of Robinsons News, The fork in the road near GI Joes, Trash Dumps, eye sores, you name it I want to find it. Then report it and see if anything gets done to fix it. Im not looking for a large fix like putting Big Smelly Solar Barrels all over. Im looking for a quick fix that can improve Malden a bit. I have seen alot that maybe the ward reps are not aware of. And if they are let them know we are aware also.

So want to help? You know of anything in the area that just bugs you to no end? Stop sign been down for a year and no one has fixed it? Anything you can report, lets talk about it and make a list. Might be a lost cause and will fall on deaf ears, but lets give it a shot.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

Re: Lets get Started NOW!!!

Vendetta---YOUR A CREEP ___YOU RUINED MY AUNTS BIRTHDAY
       TODAY WAS HER 60TH BIRTHDAY. SHE IS A LOVING PERSON BUT
        YOU E_MAILED HER PRIVATE ACCOUNT____EVERYONS SHOULD
         NEVER LISTEN TO YOUR GARGAGE ____YOUR A CREEP.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mayfoto. Show mayfoto's posts

Vendetta, I have done exactly that in my neighborhood and the sidewalks are still the cracked, broken, mess they have been for over fifty years, the bottle scavengers still wake me up at 4:30 am, etc.  I recently wrote to all the council members asking why yet another sober/counseling/front for God knows what just opened in the city and in my neighborhood.  Did not get an answer as to whether they have licenses, permits, etc., but was told if they become a nuisance the city will deal with the landlord.  How about the bench they put out front on the city owned sidewalk so they can all hang out and smoke?  Gee, I would not want them to have to stand up or anything...by all means, get comfortable.  When I was growing up here, there was a very visible police force and let me tell you, if they saw two or more of us together, they moved us right along.  I hardly ever see police cars or police on foot moving these degenerates along and I guess we'll see less of them with the layoffs/demotions.  

I think I saw in a thread here way back something about a protest.  I for one am sick of the council trying to tell me what I see is not real.  Well, maybe seeing a couple of hundred of us outside city hall will be "real" enough for them. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

Mayfoto--do you Vendetta calls house at 11:40 PM at night--

and hangs up----no one should listen to him;

He is a creep;

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThreeStooges88. Show ThreeStooges88's posts

Just some random thoughts, complaints, venting Yell

1. We still need to get the lights @ Brodadway/99 heading from Malden towards Saugus back up and running. The light I am talking about it the one where the huge apartment complex is you kow the old Star Market right before the lMotel on the right.It is very dangerous there especially at night when people are getting off the bus and it's so dark you don't see them.
    2. I think we really need to invest in an arrow light down at Broadway/Salem St so that you can turn up on to RT 1 if your taking a left. It's very dangerous, people never let you go and they drive around you and I see someone getting seriously hurt.
    3. I also think an arrow light if your heading from Linden towards Maplewood you need a turn light to take the left onto Maplewood St, I have noticed recenlty it is becoming a huge problem there. People are not waiting they just drive around you and can't see the cars in the opposite direction making a turn on to Leabon St.
    4. The fork in the road down by Robsion News has been dangerous for years there are so many people that come flying into the fork and sometimes end up on the opposite side of the lines.
    5. I think for the time being the MVCS needs to do some covering up of the Davidson property what an eye sore that is.
    6. Someone please cut down all of the over grown weeds on the cobble stones at City Hall it looks awful, looks like a Jungle over there. It would also be nice to see the city trim the grass around the city planted trees on the main roads, the weeds are insane on some of them.
    7. The entire parking lot down by AJ Wright & Stop & Shop needs to be cleaned up, it is awful and it's the business owners that need to become more involved down there in helping to maintain the parking lot.
    8. The roads leading behind it towards Newland St are awful I don;t even think a 4x4 Jeep made for offroading could make it down there without damage.
    9. I agree the bottle collection people need to give it a rest. I am sick and tired of them going though my bags. I don't mind them going though the bins, but seriosuly if you don't see anything in the bin nothing will be in the bags. Obviously if I put the bins out I recycle and it would be there. They tear the bags open sometimes and then when the JRM truck comes and they go to lift it trash is falling out of the bags and JRM don't pick it up and why should they if my bag has a huge hole in it. I am tired of rebagging at 2.00 a bag. We need to set a small fine for people who open bags even if it's 25.00 cause I can't keep affording to rebag if they tear it open.
    10. there is a woman who lives on Cliff St I will not reveal her name, however I have mentioned this in the past. She walks her dogs down at Trafton about 10PM most nights and she allows her dog to pee in the playground. This is not right, you have an entire park not that she should be even using the park where she knows kids play for your dog to do his business. I have seen on several occasions her dog doing his poooooo on the grass and her walking away from it. Lady pick up after you dog kids play in this park. I thought it was a law you needed to pick up after you animals anyway?
    11. I still think we need to come up with some sort of plan for the young teens. I have seen many of them this past Summer still out way into the night. On my street alone we have about 15 kids who hang out at night and they are loud, rude and have very bad potty mouths. I spoke to the parents they told me if I don't like it to move. I should move because you son and his friends are F this and F that and have the car radio going loud and have a ton of people hanging out at 11, 12 and even to the house of 2AM out front. These same kids were driving down the Street at 1AM the other day with his friend hanging out the window with his feet dangeling only his head was left in the window driving at about 25MPH.
    When the kids looses control and the kids ends up run over that is when the parents will care.
    12. I think some additional lighting is still needed heading from Swan's Pond area back towards Maplewood Sq it is still extremely dark and dangerous.
    13. I noticed the lights late at night up by Florence St/Main St have been blinking Yellow and not working the rigth way that is a busy intersection especially with the T being right and there always being a lot of traffic in that part of town.
    14. The biggest eye sore in Malden is the old Malden Hospital what is going on with that place anything? Are they going to do something with it or what? Following in it's place is Rudamas (spelling) on Ferry St come on now is there no way of doing soemthing with either of them selling them, making them into businesses or health clinics something..
    15. The crackheads and late night trashy people that continue to hang by Walgreens Center St need to go. You can walk by there and almost always someone is asking for money or for you buy them ciggs. The drug deals that go on out in plain view there are mind blowing.
    16. Force the Council members to hold meetings every four months so they we can stay informed or let them be informed by us of whats going on in the ward. We never have meetings, I know in my ward we have not had one in a long, long time and it was promised to us time and again we would. Mine is slacking, but then again that is nothing new. Never responds, never hold meetings, almost as if they could careless about what is taking place.
    17. The water bill increase Hello are we not being taxed enough, your charging us for the PAYT and now you want more water money? Come on where does it end, is someone going to step in and really look at the budget and see where all the money is being pocketed cause I know Malden is having a tough time, but there is no reason we are this broke. We need someon to take over the spending and the pocketing of funds or the lying about funds.Money mouth Money hungry lying elected officials.

I could go on and on, but what's the point anymore none of the Council Members seem to care, the Mayor don't care, the only people who give a rats behind are the residents and our hands are tied.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

Threestooges88 you Hit a home run---There is not one council meeting schedule for August---Its time the the residents get upset,
     how do you do that ---putting Flyers on car windows asking for them to call their the  Councilors and Mayors office and ask when will things get fixed, than having these residents showing up at Council Meetings till things change----asking the councilors for them to speak at every meeting voicing their concerns---time to protest starts today.
     Do not stop calling till things get fixed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheVendetta. Show TheVendetta's posts

I agree with both of you. All great points.

I also hate seeing dog droppings around the city. Over on Waite Street they have a little box with dog bags. But I think it was bought by the church. The city should have a few of these around with a small bucket near it. Put it in areas that are known to have dog walkers. It might be gross, but step in it and track it around your house. Thats worse.

The trash pickers are a pain. Ive made complaints to everyone. Even the Mayor. They cut the blue bags just to get in and take anything. The Mayors office said to call the police when I see this because it is a fine. Well I think the police have better things to do because they pretty much laughed. No one showed up.

Road repair is a must. But we will not see any money for this until next year.

In fact we will not see much happen in Malden until the mayor is voted out and the ward reps are gone. Election time will be a big thing. I do not even trust any ward reps taking over as mayor.

But what we can do is doc everything we see. Then put it into a letter, and send it over to the Mayor. You do not need to put your name on it. Then keep a copy for your own records. Might not do nothing now, but you have the proof. In time they will be forced to fix these things little by little. We need to realize the city is broke and cannot do much. And we will go nuts if they raise taxes higher. So we have to push them to ask the state for money if they have it and wait. Or we can all sit back and watch this city fall apart. A road we are on now. I really think in a year the city will look worse if things are not fixed.

Sad because I take pride in this city. I do not think they do.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

Vendetta------You have a City councilor living on your street per my
      Uncle---when will you face him on these problems---your street has
      pots holes and sidewalks that need repair where is he on these
      matters. than on Ferry St (at corner of Belmont st) 3 businesses 
      with a sidewalk in real bad condition, My Uncle calls him the Ghost
      only time you see him is at election time.
      Please respond.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from WardWatch. Show WardWatch's posts

All great points. How about closing the 7 11 store on Salem St at a reasonable time. It have become a magnet for troublemakers at night. I for one am tired of listening to theses foul mouthed kids yell and scream at all hours.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

Ward watch---First complain to your Local Councilor  when you complain do it via his e-mail address this will give you proof of
     complaint---Than call the Police and license board but have proof of 
     complaints ---- Make sure you call your councilor on a regular basis till  something gets done.  This how we got things done in Medford
     ----but it starts with complaining to your elected officials first. 
     Question where is your Mayor getting the Money to Pay the family
     of the property at river Edge---We in medford are question the
     Mayor of Medford.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheVendetta. Show TheVendetta's posts

That 711 is bad. Always has been and always will. The people that live on that side street next to it...who are they City Year kids? Then Clark Street kids. Its a hot spot for trouble. Im a big man and I will not even go in there at night. Because these kids have no fear of nothing.
    Id lobby to close that crap store down.

And Id lobby that all kids under 17 should be in the house by 10.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

Vendetta---again complain to your Councilors, than the Mayor,
      than the License board because they gave the permit to open to
      the 711 corporation. Also call their corp. Offices, the White Hen
      on the Corner of Rich St and Ferry st is about to become a 7/11
      Store starting in August or September ---Everett gave them the
      okay-----It should really become unsafe arround there; 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheVendetta. Show TheVendetta's posts

3 stooges Vent more!!! I like it :)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

vendetta--again a reminder send $5.00 to your local councilor for the
      Barbecue on Aug 20th,2010 ----They are all suppose to be there;
      Have you read your flyer--lets start a petition getting them
      all removed even the Mayor.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Clee5717. Show Clee5717's posts

Why isn't there a curfew for these teens?  9pm.  If there is one why isn't it enforced?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from danc. Show danc's posts

As limited as the police resources are, I certainly don't want them spending their time chasing down every kid out past 9:00 pm.  I want them chasing every kid and ADULT that's out at ANY hour causing problems.  If you objectively look at the crime reports and the ages of people committing the crimes, you'll see that there is no trend of teenagers causing the majority of the problems.  So I see no need to put a policy in place that is going to steer away resources that could be better used on higher priority issues.

711/Clark St. has been a problem, and they need to focus efforts on the specific issue.  However, the crime data doesn't support targetting kids as a whole population.  If you misdirect police resources with an curfew ordinance like that, Clark St. may get better, but the city as a whole will be worse off.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

Danc---lets start a petition to recall all the Councilors---it will cost

them more than us-----they will have to campaign, again i will be

at City Hall City Clerks Office at 9:30 AM lets see who shows up. 

Sections
Shortcuts