Letter to Ward 1 from Gary Christenson FIRST TERM in office....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Educatedmaldonian. Show Educatedmaldonian's posts

Letter to Ward 1 from Gary Christenson FIRST TERM in office....

This letter was sent out to us by Gary Christenson after his FIRST term in office as Ward 1 Councillor!  No wonder he didn't have an opponent- he was doing a fantastic job.  He has not slowed down since and has broadened his base city wide (which he was already starting to do- see below Malden parade).  It is this kind of passion and energy needed to get things done!  I hope he doesn't mind me posting this, but it is something I thought people should see.
    He was, and still is 
    THE REAL DEAL.  CHRISTENSON FOR MAYOR!

November 1, 2005

Dear Neighbor:

As the upcoming city election approaches, I want to take this opportunity to say that it has been a pleasure representing you these past two years. As many of you know, I do not have an opponent on Election Day and as such, I have refrained from conducting literature drops and asking you to host lawn signs. Rather, I have used this time to continue working on issues important to our neighborhood. 

For example, I have been working closely with a developer who is converting property from an industrial use to a residential use at the end of Wyllis Avenue in the City of Everett. Arguing that this development could adversely affect traffic in Ward 1 even though it is technically an Everett project, I was able to secure sidewalk and street improvements on Green Street, Wyllis Avenue, and Madison Street. 

Moreover, I continue to work to increase the pride in our neighborhood. Through the great assistance of the Ward 1 Committee, we have been able to host events such as a Mother’s Day Breakfast, July 4th Celebration, Flag Day, Jazz Concert, Back-to-School Bowling Party, Neighborhood Cleanups, and the Malden Holiday Parade which coincidentally will be held again this year on Saturday, November 26th from 10-12 noon in Malden Square. 

One way that I have been able to communicate these great events with you is through the Ward 1 e-mail system. Nearly 300 residents have signed on and it has served as a great way in keeping in touch with each other. Also, I send every resident who moves into our neighborhood a postcard welcoming and encouraging them to get involved in Ward 1. 

Finally, I remain an active member of the Ferryway School. There, I am the city representative to the Ferryway School Council where I work to make sure the school has access to city resources when needed. A recent example of this partnership is that there have always been two large columns blocking the view of central office staff to the lobby area. Thanks to the Building Department, that impediment was removed and the staff now has a clear line of vision to the lobby area thereby improving school safety. 

It is these kinds of issues and results that energize me in representing you on the Malden City Council. I would appreciate your vote on Tuesday, November 8th at Ward One’s new polling location, 59 Green Street. Thank you for believing in me and I look forward to continue working with you to make our neighborhood the best it can be.

Very truly yours,

Gary Christenson,
    Ward One City Councillor

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hellgirl. Show hellgirl's posts

Re: Letter to Ward 1 from Gary Christenson FIRST TERM in office....

*sigh* I wish my friend had bought in Ward 1. It sounds like a different world from where we are in many ways. My impressions of Malden now (versus my youth) might be quite different.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

Gary is great. He is the peoples advocate!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Educatedmaldonian. Show Educatedmaldonian's posts

Right you are Pats-He is the people's advocate and has been from the start!  His drive has nothing to do with becoming Mayor.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

He was doing so much for the city before he made the call to run for mayor. The one he is going against...well was not in the city. This man has been fighting for the people WHILE in high-school. he had it all planned out. He cares about the residents. I want a person who knows the issues of Malden, who have lived here and seen the issues, and one who has helped try to solve them by giving ideas. FIRST HAND HELP. The city will lose a lot if GC is not elected. If GC is elected, the city will just lose out on a person who ran for office.

It does not matter what position GC is in, he is in it for the people. He does nothing for himself. He gets joy by helping others. It keeps him humble. He likes serving people. And might I add he is a great person to talk to about ANYTHING.

This should be our next mayor. Not a person who hasn't voted or lived her in years. A person who is rude. A person who caters to special interests, a person with NO experience. DF is not her father or uncle. She will never fit into the shoes of those great men, nor should she try.

Her campaign is just HER HER HER. And if the firemen think she is the second coming and will save them, they are wrong. GC has been honest with them and has told them it will be a hard fight but he will do what he can.

We all want the MPD and MFD at full staff. She acts like she is the only one. And to try to sponsor a union during negotiations? Cheap. The council did it right. SC meeting. She wanted air time and lost. I am sure she will do her best to get something going and slander everyone on MATV. I hope Ron Cox is smart does not allow it because GC is not playing dirty like her.

How many days left? I cannot wait. I am having a BBQ at my house with all my friends. Because GC winning is the residents winning. And we cannot fit everyone into a fancy hall WE THE PEOPLE WIN!!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Maldengal. Show Maldengal's posts

Did you read the article in the Advocate today about the fund raising for both GC and DF? It's interesting to see who donated to which campaign. If the firefighters are all with DF then why did the Chief give to GC? Maybe he gave to both, but it doesn't say that.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1775andStillaDemocrat. Show 1775andStillaDemocrat's posts

Educated you wrote:

This letter was sent out to us by Gary Christenson after his FIRST term in office as Ward 1 Councillor!  No wonder he didn't have an opponent- he was doing a fantastic job.  He has not slowed down since and has broadened his base city wide (which he was already starting to do- see below Malden parade).  It is this kind of passion and energy needed to get things done!  I hope he doesn't mind me posting this, but it is something I thought people should see.

He was, and still is 
    THE REAL DEAL.  CHRISTENSON FOR MAYOR!

November 1, 2005

Dear Neighbor:

As the upcoming city election approaches, I want to take this opportunity to say that it has been a pleasure representing you these past two years. As many of you know, I do not have an opponent on Election Day and as such, I have refrained from conducting literature drops and asking you to host lawn signs.

I like Gary alot and I believe, this letter is still a political advertisement for an election that took place on that day-before he won his second term of office. I wonder do you get paid to post these advertisements by the story or the amount of words in them? Lol......Please give me something better to read about Gary---why not an expose on what he does around the Ward? I was very impressed when I saw him picking up trash on my street a few weeks ago.

Give me some substance, and not this puff piece, so you can receive scooby snacks and pats on the head from your friends. Lol......

It is what it is-a tactical political peace for free advertisement about how he's good for the ward. Which I agree....but it was 6 years ago.. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from maldenblueskies. Show maldenblueskies's posts

I saw the council meeting and was shocked at how much the other councilors did not want Deb to sponsor anyone to speak. You do realize she feels the citizens should be allowed to speak, right? The fire fighters, like any citizen needs to request from a councilor the right to speak to them. It's not enough you need to be sponsored but the rest of them, especially Gary needs to know specifically what they're going to say! I was very glad to see Deb stand her ground like she would for ANY citizen who wants the opportunity to speak to the council. It was shameful the way they disrespected not only Deb but the fact the fire fighters (or anyone who wants to) who requested this chance to address them. I was wondering how long it would take someone to bring it up.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LastMaldenite. Show LastMaldenite's posts

MaldenBS.  This is not a town it is a city with a city council not a town meeting.  Deb Sponsoring the Firefighters is nothing but a grandstand move.  If you are wondering why she might do that for them well lets see...  Have you seen her finance report info.  In the Advocate today.  International firemen $5000 donation and the fire donations roll on.  More than a third of her total donation is from the fire.  Completely legal but hopefully people understand that.  Your a huge percent of her donations are from the fire service and related.  Means she will owe them big time.  Wonder if she will be able to balance this if elected?  Not a chance is what any normal person would say.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from maldenblueskies. Show maldenblueskies's posts

And Gary owes no one?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Julii. Show Julii's posts

I watched the meeting, too, maldenbs, and I saw no disrespect! I understood that the main concern was that the fire chief should be part of the submitted paper, with the suggestion to get the chief's name on there, too. Putting the fire chief on the paper sounded common-sensical to me, but I think Deb views herself as the fire chief,... or the firefighters' mascot...or union rep (rather than a mayoral candidate for the entire city of Malden).

It's interesting that so many citizens get no response from Fallon when they call or email her with their concerns, yet if there's a situation that causes an emotional stir, (yes, Salemwood park...firefighters)..that she could somehow benefit from politically, she's present.. and ready to publicly grandstand for it.

It doesn't take a genious to figure out her public MO.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

The Fire UNION will speak at the Saftey meeting like ALWAYS. We need to remember they are still in negotiations. But having the UNION on TV is grandstanding. They cannot talk to people about the negotiations, but want to go on TV? Fallon lost that TV time.

Gary owes no one. People give to him because he is the peoples advocate.

What jobs will DF cut when if she ever gets in office? She will have to cut alot because she is promising so much.

DF I feel will take advantage of 9/11 and speak about the firemen like she did during her personal time at the end of the meeting.

I heard only 30% of the firemen live here, is this true?

You see it is in your brains since we were little to love and respect firemen. And it is still like that. No one can pass a fireman and be like "WAHT A BUNCH OF JERKS" it does not happen. We love them for what they do. But DF is taking advantage of them. Has she spoke about how she will get money to save the FF jobs AND keep oter depts. from facing layoffs? No she has not said anything but "IM GOING TO WIN."

That high horse she has been on for 2 years is about to kick her off.

Paid for by the BIG group to not elect DF for Mayor.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Educatedmaldonian. Show Educatedmaldonian's posts

In Response to Re: Letter to Ward 1 from Gary Christenson FIRST TERM in office....:
    [QUOTE]Educated you wrote: This letter was sent out to us by Gary Christenson after his FIRST term in office as Ward 1 Councillor!  No wonder he didn't have an opponent- he was doing a fantastic job.  He has not slowed down since and has broadened his base city wide (which he was already starting to do- see below Malden parade).  It is this kind of passion and energy needed to get things done!  I hope he doesn't mind me posting this, but it is something I thought people should see. He was, and still is  THE REAL DEAL.  CHRISTENSON FOR MAYOR! November 1, 2005 Dear Neighbor: As the upcoming city election approaches, I want to take this opportunity to say that it has been a pleasure representing you these past two years. As many of you know, I do not have an opponent on Election Day and as such, I have refrained from conducting literature drops and asking you to host lawn signs. I like Gary alot and I believe, this letter is still a political advertisement for an election that took place on that day-before he won his second term of office. I wonder do you get paid to post these advertisements by the story or the amount of words in them? Lol......Please give me something better to read about Gary---why not an expose on what he does around the Ward? I was very impressed when I saw him picking up trash on my street a few weeks ago. Give me some substance, and not this puff piece, so you can receive scooby snacks and pats on the head from your friends. Lol...... It is what it is-a tactical political peace for free advertisement about how he's good for the ward. Which I agree....but it was 6 years ago.. 
    Posted by 1775andStillaDemocrat[/QUOTE]

Once again, I will state as I have stated from the beginning, I am only on these blogs to stay updated on the election and make sure I put the facts out.  Believe me, I have no desire to continue to do so after the election.  I think most of the people on here are so negative and I try hard to stay away from people like that.  
    I make up my OWN mind on political, social, educational and any other matters and could care less about what is said on these blogs. 

I feel SO PASSIONATE about Gary becoming Mayor that I try to scan these every few days to put his message out.  I do not claim to be neutral at all, so I will continue to post anything I feel will put Gary's message out.

If you have the time and inclination to be a blogger all the time- good for you and good luck!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Educatedmaldonian. Show Educatedmaldonian's posts

In Response to Re: Letter to Ward 1 from Gary Christenson FIRST TERM in office....:
    [QUOTE]I saw the council meeting and was shocked at how much the other councilors did not want Deb to sponsor anyone to speak. You do realize she feels the citizens should be allowed to speak, right? The fire fighters, like any citizen needs to request from a councilor the right to speak to them. It's not enough you need to be sponsored but the rest of them, especially Gary needs to know specifically what they're going to say! I was very glad to see Deb stand her ground like she would for ANY citizen who wants the opportunity to speak to the council. It was shameful the way they disrespected not only Deb but the fact the fire fighters (or anyone who wants to) who requested this chance to address them. I was wondering how long it would take someone to bring it up.
    Posted by maldenblueskies[/QUOTE]

Yes, she definitely tried to paint that picture, but the voters are smarter than that.  Everyone saw through that obvious grand stand and how she was trying to say she was an advocate for any citizen to be able to speak at the council.
    QUESTION- if this was really so important to her why hasn't she SUBMITTED ANYTHING to the council to push this through?? If this is really her big platform piece she should be working tirelessly to fight for it.  You have now seen what Gary did in his first year, yet she can't even submit ONE paper on her MAIN platform piece? How can the public believe she has the drive to fight for them?
    So far you haven't been able to come up with ONE VOTE, ONE PAPER she sponsored, ONE COMMITTEE she gathered since she has been in office.
    Give me a break.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from incorruptibility. Show incorruptibility's posts

LAME attempt at free advertising.  1775 had it right.  It's old news.

It doesn't change the fact that he remained silent on many important issues. 
    It doesn't change his close ties to the current administration. 
    It doesn't change his close ties to a corrupt Middlesex County Sheriff.

More of the same. Vote GC

FALLON will bring the honest change Malden voters are looking for.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from activemaldonian. Show activemaldonian's posts

[QUOTE]LAME attempt at free advertising.  1775 had it right.  It's old news. It doesn't change the fact that he remained silent on many important issues.  It doesn't change his close ties to the current administration.  It doesn't change his close ties to a corrupt Middlesex County Sheriff. More of the same. Vote GC FALLON will bring the honest change Malden voters are looking for.
    Posted by incorruptibility[/QUOTE]

Try this out for lame...
    Fallon doesn't have the EXPERIENCE needed to run the city of Malden. Fallon does not have the education needed to run the city.
    Fallon has been on the council for a year and has not gotten ONE THING accomplished!
    Fallon takes 50% of her donations to her nonprofit as SALARY. The highest in the State of Massachusetts! She takes a huge proportion of her small nonprofit out of the hands of the women who need it.  Shame.  If she helps a few women now, think of how many more women she could help if only she lowered her $87,000 a year salary by a few thousand instead of giving herself a RAISE in this economy? Are you kidding me- how is she going to run the city's finances?

Please post some Facts on how Gary is involved in "corruption" ? More lies, more decent, talk about lame!

STILL WAITING FOR AN ANSWER ON ONE PAPER OR ONE VOTE OR ONE COMMITTEE she has organized during her entire first term!
    Many of us have asked this one question....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from incorruptibility. Show incorruptibility's posts

According to your letter, Gary is a great party and event planner.

Malden needs an advocate who will represent the ignored, disrespected, and trampled.

FALLON HAS ACCOMPLISHED HER GOAL DURING HER FIRST TERM IN OFFICE. SHE REPRESENTS THE PEOPLE ON THE TOUGH ISSUES.

FALLON stands with Malden firefighters who have been trampled by the current administration which includes GARY. Gary remains silent.

FALLON stood with the citizens who opposed the lease/sale of thte Roosevelt Field to the regional charter school (which continues to use ONLY Malden parks when they draw from over 6 communities). GARY was silent.

FALLON is not afraid to say that our new school buildingS are in disrepair because of neglect and inadequate staffing. GARY is silent.

FALLON is against the blue bag tax, the meals tax, and the parking tax.

FALLON opposes the switch to a CFO which won't solve any issues because without oversight. This change is nothing more than another highly paid position.

ADVOCATING for those who were and are ignored, disrespected, and trampled by our current administration is what FALLON has accomplished.

FALLON will not turn away from doing the RIGHT thing. 

FALLON is the change MALDEN VOTERS are looking for.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from newuser09. Show newuser09's posts

n Response to Re: Letter to Ward 1 from Gary Christenson FIRST TERM in office....:
    [QUOTE]I saw the council meeting and was shocked at how much the other councilors did not want Deb to sponsor anyone to speak. You do realize she feels the citizens should be allowed to speak, right? The fire fighters, like any citizen needs to request from a councilor the right to speak to them. It's not enough you need to be sponsored but the rest of them, especially Gary needs to know specifically what they're going to say! I was very glad to see Deb stand her ground like she would for ANY citizen who wants the opportunity to speak to the council. It was shameful the way they disrespected not only Deb but the fact the fire fighters (or anyone who wants to) who requested this chance to address them. I was wondering how long it would take someone to bring it up.

Apparently you either do not remember or choose to forget that the Council Rules include that you need to know what and why someone is invited to speak.  At the School Committee meetings there is a public comment portion and GARY wanted that to happen on the council and has tried to get a public comment added so any and everyone can speak at the council meetings—where was Deb on that one------Oh ya—SILENT!!Sealed

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from newuser09. Show newuser09's posts

[QUOTE]LAME attempt at free advertising.  1775 had it right.  It's old news. It doesn't change the fact that he remained silent on many important issues.  It doesn't change his close ties to the current administration.  It doesn't change his close ties to a corrupt Middlesex County Sheriff. More of the same. Vote GC FALLON will bring the honest change Malden voters are looking for.
    You know I responded before I saw this one but I must!  I was and honestly had the highest hopes for Deborah Fallon but you have got to be kidding me!!!  First WHAT A BLEEPING LET DOWN... and I have of course read these posts and looking into them! DO you know that when the Mayor (not his change) got to appoint someone to the School Committee he had never met or heard of Gary Christenson but in FACT Gary sent a letter, a resume and references (only one to do that) who the hell else would the Mayor appoint (considering they did not know each other) for ONE TERM!!  He has then and since then worked his butt off to earn the vote represent US!  As for the Sherriff!  LOOK AGAIN before you speak GARY has managed the budget for the department NOT the campaign (where there were issues) doesn't matter Jimmy DiPaola did LOTS for us! (SAD HE IS LOST) but the NEW Sheriff has said he is LUCKY to have someone overseeing the budget and is a fiscally responsible manager like GARY!  More of the same?  Same what?  Fiscal responsibility? Committment to Malden? Integrity? Strength of Conviction? and our voice?   YES YES I want the exact same thing Gary Christenson has done and has to offer!!!

Integrity

Integrating strength voice

InteItergetigy strength voice

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Educatedmaldonian. Show Educatedmaldonian's posts

[QUOTE]According to your letter, Gary is a great party and event planner. Malden needs an advocate who will represent the ignored, disrespected, and trampled. FALLON HAS ACCOMPLISHED HER GOAL DURING HER FIRST TERM IN OFFICE. SHE REPRESENTS THE PEOPLE ON THE TOUGH ISSUES.   FALLON stands with Malden firefighters who have been trampled by the current administration which includes GARY. Gary remains silent. FALLON stood with the citizens who opposed the lease/sale of thte Roosevelt Field to the regional charter school (which continues to use ONLY Malden parks when they draw from over 6 communities). GARY was silent. FALLON is not afraid to say that our new school buildingS are in disrepair because of neglect and inadequate staffing. GARY is silent. FALLON is against the blue bag tax, the meals tax, and the parking tax. FALLON opposes the switch to a CFO which won't solve any issues because without oversight. This change is nothing more than another highly paid position. ADVOCATING for those who were and are ignored, disrespected, and trampled by our current administration is what FALLON has accomplished . FALLON will not turn away from doing the RIGHT thing.  FALLON is the change MALDEN VOTERS are looking for.

Gary does does work with a great team and is a great event planner- finally something we agree on! He knows this is the way to bring the community together and share ideas, bring your concerns, talk among your neighbors, bring back pride in Malden.  He knows the citizens of Malde are the real eyes and ears of this city and he listens to them at these events.

I see you still have not come up with ONE THING she has accomplished.  She can stand up for, speak about, advocate for, blah blah blah until she is blue in the face, but this does nobody any good unless something gets accomplished! 

Come on Incorrupt, dig deep and see if you can come up with JUST ONE THING.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Educatedmaldonian. Show Educatedmaldonian's posts

[QUOTE]MaldenBS.  This is not a town it is a city with a city council not a town meeting.  Deb Sponsoring the Firefighters is nothing but a grandstand move.  If you are wondering why she might do that for them well lets see...  Have you seen her finance report info.  In the Advocate today.  International firemen $5000 donation and the fire donations roll on.  More than a third of her total donation is from the fire.  Completely legal but hopefully people understand that.  Your a huge percent of her donations are from the fire service and related.  Means she will owe them big time.  Wonder if she will be able to balance this if elected?  Not a chance is what any normal person would say.
    Posted by LastMaldenite[/QUOTE]

I did see the finance report and it really worries me how the firefighters have her in their pocket!  How would she ever be able to make an unbiased opinion when they bought her already?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from maldenblueskies. Show maldenblueskies's posts

educated/activemaldonian: Have you no shame? The way our first responders have been treated by this administration and council is shameful and now because they have an advocate, someone who is willing to stand up to your ridicule and bashing, you find this wrong? Look to your own campaign filled with those who would continue to use the fire fighters and the Maplewood fire station as leverage for park usage by a quasi public school! Who allowed this on their watch? Never heard a peep out of the At-Large councilors or the ward 6 councilor until Deb Fallon took up their concerns. They have had since 2003 to build a new fire station. It wasn't enough the ff's asked to speak about public safety at the next council meeting and she agreed to sponsor them. No, Gary tried to squash that! Deb had no problem allowing the upper management to join in as they are also aware of the safety issues. That still wasn't enough for Gary. If she told them exactly what they were to speak about, why bother allowing them to speak for themselves? What is he so afraid of? Or maybe he's mad he isn't their sponsor?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Educatedmaldonian. Show Educatedmaldonian's posts

[QUOTE]educated/activemaldonian: Have you no shame? The way our first responders have been treated by this administration and council is shameful and now because they have an advocate, someone who is willing to stand up to your ridicule and bashing, you find this wrong? Look to your own campaign filled with those who would continue to use the fire fighters and the Maplewood fire station as leverage for park usage by a quasi public school! Who allowed this on their watch? Never heard a peep out of the At-Large councilors or the ward 6 councilor until Deb Fallon took up their concerns. They have had since 2003 to build a new fire station. It wasn't enough the ff's asked to speak about public safety at the next council meeting and she agreed to sponsor them. No, Gary tried to squash that! Deb had no problem allowing the upper management to join in as they are also aware of the safety issues. That still wasn't enough for Gary. If she told them exactly what they were to speak about, why bother allowing them to speak for themselves? What is he so afraid of? Or maybe he's mad he isn't their sponsor?

I know it must be hard for you, but try and focus and stay on topic.  These comments are addressing the fact that Fallon used the 9/11 memorial walk for her own political gain.  If she isn't woman enough to put personal feeling aside for one day, she isn't mature enough to be Mayor. 
    Still waiting for ONE THING she has accomplished....