Malden awarded SAFER Grant by FEMA for 2.6 million.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mfd237. Show mfd237's posts

Malden awarded SAFER Grant by FEMA for 2.6 million.

I see on the FEMA website that Malden and our neighbors to the east Revere were awarded SAFER Grants to hire or in Malden's case rehire firefighters. This should be interesting how his honor at 200 Pleasant St and the City Council react to this news and if they will support it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkDontTrip. Show WalkDontTrip's posts

Re: Malden awarded SAFER Grant by FEMA for 2.6 million.

Nope, red tape.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

Good evening---update the only Red Tape is the city has to hire back the Firefighters that were laid off (11)----Oh I sent all the Councilors a copy of the Letter from Sen Brown explaining the Grant
    and its guidelines ---It is only for 3 years and the city can apply again in 2014 for 2015 per the letter from sen. Brown. Bet they all
    play dumb and say they know nothing about the Grant.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkDontTrip. Show WalkDontTrip's posts

I bet you Scott brown didnt sent you anything.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from maldenrezident. Show maldenrezident's posts

You can bet Deb Fallon would accept the grant and make sure we keep getting it. I'll be honest, I am shocked that in a $50mil budget the school cannot figure out how to stream line things so they can make do on that kind of money and let the fire fighters use the $300k extra the city put up. The school superintendent asked for $300k less and the city is refusing to re-allocate that extra money they say they don't need. What's up with that?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

WalkDontTrip----Yesterday I left my house @9 am to go Harborfest
    in Government Center and walked around the North End and than the
    Waterfront-----When I returned to my house I had e-mail from Scott
    Brown Office and a 9 page list of cities that received Grant Monies.
    That is all I know and sent out that Information to the Councilors and kept a copy for myself. Who sent it I do not know but it did say
    from Offices of U.S. Senator Brown.
    I also received an answer on the Town Hall style Meeting and how they can be held---I will read the document over the next few days
    and try to understand it. This came from the Secretary of State Office it was stamped or posted at 10:06 AM on 7/01/2011

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ward5. Show ward5's posts

Only a fool would turn down.....ahh.. Hello?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

Ward5---This is the same Mayor and City Council who has turned down the last two awards from FEMA under the Safer Grant Program,
    only two councilors voted to accept it Councilor Christenson and
    Councilor Fallon.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LastMaldenite. Show LastMaldenite's posts

The real question is what are the strings attached.  If there are none they should accept.  If there are some like the last time they will have to determine if the city can afford to take the money.  If i offer to let you buy a million dollar house with no payments for two years and you can only afford a 400 thousand house you should not take that deal as its a loser and you will be also two years from now in a big way.  Lets find out whats in this before we jump the gun.  That is why they did not take it last time if you followed the real debate instead of Fallons propaganda

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from maldenrezident. Show maldenrezident's posts

How about we put aside some of the $998K in free cash we have now to make sure we can support any (if there are any) strings. The schools can put money aside for later. They did not take it before because there is some kind of feud between the Mayor and the FF's which goes back to when he appointed Kinnon for Commissioner. We all know how well that turned out! 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mfd237. Show mfd237's posts

Ah LAST we were all waiting for you to chime in again on this topic. Strings attached??? Probably the same strings that all the other municipalities around this region and in the rest of the country that applied for the grant knew about going into the application process. Of course this is the same administration that has kept a city official on the payroll who is under indictmant for money laundering charges pending more "facts" about the case. Spare us the nonsense with strings, red tape, and other half truths.  P.S How's the recruitment going for the volunteer department you want to start??? I hear there is a station available on Laurel St that the MVRCS owns. Maybe they will let you volunteer out of there.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

MFD237   Your Right On----I also posted that this City Council can

vote telling the Mayor to accept the Grant but they are Cowards

except for Deb Fallon. I have a Discussion about this City Council

please respond---we have nine who do not care for the Citizens of

this City. There are no strings attached this the Mayors Cronies making excuses for returning the Grant. Revere has accepted their

Grant why not Malden---start telling everyone to call the councilors

asking for a vote on this Grant ---I am running for Councilor in Ward 7--- I want to be a voice for the people.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ward5. Show ward5's posts

The only strings are dangling from Mr Mayors fingers as he plays puppet master to all the kool aid drinkers... I must say, pretty remarkable that he can get them all to buy into his way of City management. The Mayors/Town managers of these other
    communities that have accepted the Grants over the years must be crazy, or...Money mouth

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

Ward 5  it is time for all the citizens to flood city hall with phone calls and flood each councilor home phones with call of protest asking why it is taking this long to accept this Grant.
    Lets call everyday till they make a statement;

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from monkey45. Show monkey45's posts

Ask the chief how is new raise and car are?  This City S%&$s.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

Monkey45---Like I keep saying have all the people call the Mayor's

Office And the City Councilors phones(homes) until they make a

statement on the Safer Grant either for it or Against it. Than ask if

they will Vote on it. Telling the Mayor to accept it.

Keep Calling everyday until they respond!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

Hey all today I read that the Mayor is telling the chief to hire back at
    least 9 firefighters if they have not been hired in another city;
    Maybe he heard the word on street;

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from maldenrezident. Show maldenrezident's posts

maldenlifer: Quit your crybabying! You could have chosen this profession but did not. They chose to be first responders and this is their schedule.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

MaldenLifer----This Administration laid off these Firefighters because of a conflict with the Union over Health care benefits they has positions before what changed---maybe we can find money for a few more engines or a full rescue unit these are things other cities

have them. That where these firefighters can be used;

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ward5. Show ward5's posts

Your President is all over the tv news today talking up jobs bills, the economy and its slow climb back up....his words not mine.....YET, here is your Mayor with a Federal stimulus/jobs bill/ grant sitting on his desk, and  he puts the feelers out to see if any of the layed off firemen want to come back. He layed off 10, said ok for 9, this money was slated to bring the ranks back up to 121 with the  hiring of the 10 layed off and 1 political hire and 5  out of work citizens. This Mayor might be shocked to learn the layed off firemen are all staying put in other Cities, where they are treated  2.5 million times better by their new administrations!  A shock to no one, so maldenlifer, go drink some koolaid and maybe you could strap a pair on and ride the big shiny red fire trucks, that is, if you got any! 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

Ward 5-----Understand some of these people work for the Mayor or has their Job because of their relationship with the Councilors.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ward5. Show ward5's posts

I read on another blog site that the Fire Chief Murphy lowered the # off firefighters working per day... why would he do such a thing? Wouldnt the firefighters safety and the publics be HIS responsibilty? Isnt that what the jobs bill/grant was for to get the dept back to full strenth? Anybody know why he would do that?