Maplewood Fire Station

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from KaysieMae. Show KaysieMae's posts

Re: Maplewood Fire Station

[You're right!.  That would be an ideal place - still in Maplewood Square area and it is certainly a long awaited proposal.  To be renting the old building from the Charter School is so NOT prudent.  I always thought where Avenue Video would be a good place too, but that's likely not to become available.  New equipment and now a new station......doesn't anyone at City Hall know about having Capital Assets?  Cut the salary overhead and start commiting some viable solutions to these long awaited items that are needed in our city!  Please VOTE on November 3, 2009 to abolish the Trash Bag TAX and the Trash Bag 6 and get City Hall to show some good ole' honest Yankee ingenuity!!!.  QUOTE]Malden needs their "own" new building in Maplewood for a fire station.The perfect location for such would be the city owned parking lot on Maplewood st.This would allow for the proper equipment to be on the eastside of the city,such as an aerial ladder of 100 plus feet. You have Granada Highlands,630 Salem st(elderly housing)500 Broadway,Salemwood School,Linden School. Not to mention,where the station is located now is a public safety issue when the charter school is being dismissed in the afternoon! There are FEMA grants available for new fire station construction.Why is this not a priority? Any Thoughts? 
    Posted by MaldenPride[/QUOTE]

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MaldenPride. Show MaldenPride's posts

This should really happen soon.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

first--Last night the Fire department told the Public Safety mtg
      the fire department is understaffed,has only 5 pieces of equipment
      for the whole city. Next Tuesday evening there is another Public
      safety meeting at 5:30 Pm in the city hall chambers show up and
      be heard.
      Second----when will this city open up it's books to the Public
       and why isn't the Mayor ever at any of these Public Safety MTGS.
        Seems he afraid to face the Public ------
      Lets have a Public Hearing/Open Forum in city hall with the Mayor
      and City Council to  discuss the Safety of this city.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mfd237. Show mfd237's posts

Don't count on it

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from scootcha. Show scootcha's posts

In Response to Re: Maplewood Fire Station:
    [QUOTE]"Bucci reopens Fire Station"[/QUOTE]

The one letter "s" you added changed the meaning of the article.  The actual headline is a plea, not a statement of any accomplishment.

"Bucci: Reopen Engine 4 station"

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

The Fire Chief never said the Fire Station would be open, the Fire
      department does not have enough equipment as of Wednesday
      night--Not enough man power either!
        she is trying to make her Ward residents think it will
      open---It is a smoke screen by her;
       She votes every time with what ever the mayor says--she should
       be voted out!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from WardWatch. Show WardWatch's posts

I hope Chief Murphy holds his ground on this. Bucci voted to cut public safety and now wants to reopen that station? Sorry sweetheart it doesn't work both ways. When are you up for re-election? Are you looking for votes or to remind everyone how poor a job you're doing?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

ward watch --great statement---I will be there Tuesday again
      and hear how they going to fix the fire hydrant problem. than it is
      the regular meeting. I hope they saw my announcement on me
      being a candidate for Councilor in Ward 7.
      Oh for your knowledge i sent two e-mails asking Councilor Anderson
      when he will hold a Public Safety Meeting for his ward still has not
      responded. I will still fight to find money to get every firefighter and
      police officer back on the job as soon as possible.
      Mayor must be fuming that the deal with the Charter School was
      voided by his own appointment Councilor kinnon must be upset also
       have a nice weekend.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

Lets see what she says on Tuesday Night -----again will she be
      seen and not heard---she has to be voted out she is so blind
      to what is going on.  She is a puppet for the mayor.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MaldenPride. Show MaldenPride's posts

DUH!

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

Malden lifer---City can take property by them breaking health code violations and not meeting building guidelines set by the state.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from AnnieOMalden. Show AnnieOMalden's posts

Remind me again under whose watch (the Council) this issue has never come up for air? We bought a fire truck for $500K yet no one mentioned the situation in Maplewood. Why is that? The ward 6 councilor has been trading favors with the Mayor for keeping the fire station open there and not having to take up the task of a new station? We know the school forgave a $300K penalty when the city didn't move out 8 years ago. Good for the city, bad for the students in the school who breathe in the diesel exhaust into those open windows in the Maplewood school. In all this time nothing has been done. Same old, same old. Funny how people love to accuse me of having a "vendetta" against the Chairman of the charter school board yet I think facts speak for themselves. It's more of a case of the" Emperor has no clothes" and I am of the few who will tell him. Clear away the smoke and mirrors and you will see for yourself what is going on.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

AnnieOMalden----I called the state board of education and the state
    Building Inspectors about the problems at the school which they took
    as complaints and will investigate.
    Also Annie---was told to file complaints in the State Appeals court by the Attorney General's Office on my corruption complaint so they
    get search warrants and what ever else they need.
    Did it This morning at the John Quincy Court House at 11:15 AM  I had copies date stamped. let the fun begin !

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Maldengal. Show Maldengal's posts

Jeez Driver, how many complaints have you filed against the city? It's all I see you type, you filed a complaint with this one, with that one....Why don't you do something PROACTIVE instead of constantly complaining?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

Malden Gal--I filed on two complaints and both are active and ongoing by the two agencies;
    I am proactive and trying to improve the quality of life in Malden with
    trying to fix it's streets and sidewalks and putting more Firefighters and the Police Departments, making sure that the citizens of malden
    are safe and can walk on clean streets.
    About the two complaints they concern the City Administration and the City Council and how they function for the concerns of the citizens of Malden;

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkDontTrip. Show WalkDontTrip's posts

Are they REALLY still active Frank?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkDontTrip. Show WalkDontTrip's posts

You see I agree the streets need to be fixed. The Firemen need to be a full staff along with the police. I believe that lights need to be fixed. But it takes time to do all that. And the way Frank asks for things, he ends up being ignored by the ones he sends emails to I am sure. So his next step is to file complaints with different agencies. So he then Emails people in the city for help and they are to angry that he filed a dumb complaint.

You see they only fix certain things during certain seasons. You will not get a street paved in this weather right now. We still get frost during some mornings.

But file a complaint against the city because I think I saw them making frost one day.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Maldengal. Show Maldengal's posts

Proactive in trying to fix the streets and sidewalks. Ok. Which streets? Which sidewalks? There was a meeting the other night about the downtown, fixing those streets and sidewalks. I know they are planning on changing up the downtown to make it more pedestrian friendly (thank GOD!) I drive on Ferry St and see that Charles is working on that street and the sidewalk. There are grants that are active in the City of Malden ask the Engineering Dept what is slated for the next year. They seemed to have patched a lot of the damage that was done from the snow this past year. Is there a particular area of the city you are referring too?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Maldengal. Show Maldengal's posts

LOL @walk

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkDontTrip. Show WalkDontTrip's posts

He wants his street done I think. He wants a new street, new sidewalks, a hot dog stand, a clown that does tricks, more lights, a bubble to stop rain, the FBI on hand to handle his investigations, the radar dish, a tot park in his driveway, a private jet, city hall next door, and most of all....wants to be mayor.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

Malden Gal ---for your knowledge I submitted a proposal last year to
    fix the sidewalks that are now being fixed ---it would of been done under stimulus money. Now they are receiving over $900,000.00
    dollars to fix streets and sidewalks this for money in 2011, it is
    chapter 90 funding. Their are sidewalks on three or 4 streets in my
    ward that are deplorable plis if you ride down henry street it needs
    repaving and also an area on ferry & belmont that area needs repaving but than if the city would list the streets and sidewalks they plan to fix with this money would be nice.
    The other issue this city never applied for any of the Stimulus Money
    that was available to fix this city up like other cities have done.
    Finally why hasn't this city water and sewer division ever asked
    the MWRA for help in repairing the water supply system in the city
    preventing low water pressure when there are fires in the city.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkDontTrip. Show WalkDontTrip's posts

"Malden Gal ---for your knowledge I submitted a proposal last year to
    fix the sidewalks that are now being fixed"

They did it just for you franky?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from incorruptibility. Show incorruptibility's posts

WHERE IS THE CONTRACT WITH THE CITY FOR THE MAPLEWOOD FIRE STATION?

gc could you get Howard and Kinnon to release that contract for the public to see?

WHY ARE YOU HIDING ANOTHER CONTRACT????

The residents of Malden should know that their public safety is hinging on PARK SPACE for Mystic Valley Regional Charter School.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Maldengal. Show Maldengal's posts

Malden received stimulus money. You need to do more research. Like I have said before.