Maplewood Fire Station

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkDontTrip. Show WalkDontTrip's posts

Re: Maplewood Fire Station

Why cant you get the contract Mrs know it all.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

Maldengal& WalkDon'tTrip---the stimulus money they received was from 2009 not 2010 ----I have gone and have done the work, I willing to bet both of never knew about Chapter 90 transportaion Funding and how much is given to each city. Malden received $930,000.00 for 2011 ---I asked both Mayor candidates and the councilors how this money will be spent. This is not federal money
    which they could of applied for this year and they have not.
    Than call your councilors ( you will be afraid to) and ask them why
    this city has not also applied for the Enchancement Grant & the PARC Grant monies---these two grants have not been applied for since 2006 I have the print-out to prove it;
    My friends in the State House keeps giving some great tips and also
    proof on the tips-----Please call your Councilors and hear their excuses.   Proof is in the PUDDING and I have the proof.
    Now you can either PUT UP or SHUT UP;

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from activemaldonian. Show activemaldonian's posts

@Walk- I was thinking the same thing and then read your post.  Incorrupt is always on here and she obviously knows more than her candidate!  Why can't you get your candidate to get the contract?  I am not as knowledgeable on this topic so there may be a reason, but why are you asking GC and DF for the contract? 

I may be missing something here, but is it because she doesn't get things accomplished?  Or is it because if you got some answers you couldn't spin facts any longer? 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVCSparent. Show MVCSparent's posts

Corrupt:  The residents should know that their public safety is hinging on if the City decides to re-lease Maplewood Fire Station come June 1 or it decides to move to Revere.  If it re-leases the only question is will it pay money to do so or will it provide my kids school with field space in lieu of rent.  The City does not have to provide park space at all according to the newspaper reports.  If no park space they will have to pay money.  MV owns the building you are somehow insinuating once again that something is wrong with this. If you believe that then get in touch with your Councilor and Candidate DF and tell her to tell the Mayor to buy it back for what they paid $800,000.  DF and Annie No(aka insider) are in a quandry because to advocate for the most reasonable solution giving my kids field time flies in the face of what Fallon has done at Roosevelt.  Oh what a terrible thing give 600 Malden residents and this school in Malden time on the fields.  So sell out her MFD buddies and move them to Reveeeeaaa or to a tent somewhere or sell out the Concerned Fools who made sure Roosevelt remains a pit instead of taking 900,000 free dollars. OOOOHHH NOoooo waht to doooooo.  I haven't a CLUUUEEEEEE! 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

MVCSParent---First Solution is to fix the Property up, where is the Board of Trustees--why are they they not telling the Facility Manager to bring it up to code---oops he is Kinnon do not want to upset the Crooked Councilor ---I know if he worked in the Business 
    world his butt be out the door ---but it is a Family affair can not
    fire a crook if his related to a crook who is on the Board of Trustees;

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from incorruptibility. Show incorruptibility's posts

MVParent

You aren't acting 'well mannered' again. 

There was no FREE money.  HUD grant money is taxpayer money. 

Let's be clear.  MV was using the statistics of the poorest kids in the community for their own gain.  HUD funding is intended for projects which will benefit MALDEN residents not residents from a REGIONAL school.  A school board which chose to build a 10 million dollar sports complex rather than improve the overall education for ALL of there students not just the sports oriented students. 

SHAME on KINNON, HOWARD, and TOOMAJIAN for engaging in this sneaky deal.

MV and the city did not follow HUD protocol.  You have 6 sending districts. Go lease parks in Melrose, Everett, Stoneham, Wakefield, and Medford for 20-30 years. 

How do you think that would work out for you? 

YOU LIED. YOU GOT CAUGHT. MOVE ON. GET OVER IT. 

We WILL KEEP YOU HONEST. No more back room deals. 

MALDEN IS WATCHING YOU.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVCSparent. Show MVCSparent's posts

Corrupt or should I say Fallon Follower so are you not concerned about another schools exclusive deal in Malden that is private. Oh Nooooooooooo because its got nothing to do with MV getting 4-6 timeframe its really about saving your sorry butts from losing more kids to MV and other Charter Schools because you can't get the job done.  If that weren't it you would be "Concerned Fools" over all those "deals" that every smart community makes to maintain fields without having to pay to do it.  Don't worry you and the Fallon fools will have that Maplewood Fire Station Closed very soon to  and then we'll be seeing how smart you were.  Fact is I pay as much taxes as you do here and my kid and 1400 others have just as much right as they are public property.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from incorruptibility. Show incorruptibility's posts

MV

I'm changing your card to RED.  Your language is not well mannered as stated in the MVRCS mission statement and your angry attitude is certainly not one of the MV core virtues.

MVParent FYI there are 6500 public school students in Malden as opposed to 600 charter school residents. 

The question is how many of your 600 actually play sports?  How many of the kids playing MV sports are NON MALDEN residents? We owe you nothing. 

The days of MV running the show in Malden are over.  All of your corrupt activities are being exposed. 

GET OVER THE PARK. YOUR UNETHICAL BEHAVIOR IS WHAT LOST THE HUD FUNDING. YOU GOT CAUGHT. YOU HAVE BEEN EXPOSED.

YOU HAVE FLEECED MALDEN'S TAXPAYERS ENOUGH. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVCSparent. Show MVCSparent's posts

Ah funny I'm not typing in bold.  Seem to have hit a nerve.  I think your number is a bit high on Malden but thats OK whether I'm one or 600 it makes no difference Im a taxpayer and my kids have a right to time.  ICorrupt one question as you never mention it do you have kids in a school here in Malden.  I'm betting you don't.  So what will it be my kids having field space or the MFD in a tent or in Reeeeveeaaaa?  Its really not a decision as its about kids and about the safety of the residents.  Its a win win but no your politics are in the way and your hatred of MV rather than doing what right will rule the day if you and the Fallon team have their way.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from maldenrezident. Show maldenrezident's posts

MVCSparent: I am still waiting for the answer to my question: What has Kinnon done in his years on the council to move the fire fighters out of the Maplewood station and into a new one? He has been on the council and it is in his ward.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LastMaldenite. Show LastMaldenite's posts

Hey Rez not sure MVparent can answer that but here's a thought.  Watching how he operates which is with the taxpayer in mind, I am betting he is in favor of them staying right where they are and having the city fix the building up for a few hundred thousand instead of finding land somewhere else buying it and then paying millions to build a new firestatiion.  As a taxpayer I think I woud build new and not put any sleeping quarters in it and change there schedule back to working five days a week.  Why should anyone get paid to sleep?  Give them a TV room and kitchen and a couple of bays.  Ah watch the firestorm now...  this would be a disaster as MFD is actually their part time job now for a whole lot of the guys. five days off a week pretty good. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from activemaldonian. Show activemaldonian's posts

Incorrupt- Do you scream like that all the time?  Take it down a notch.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from taxplayer. Show taxplayer's posts

www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=7fe6edac4fd4b8debfd0e9e9c3fb28e4&plckUserId=7fe6edac4fd4b8debfd0e9e9c3fb28e4">
    First: 4/18/2011
    Last: 4/18/2011
    I apologize if this has already been posted but here goes.
    As with every story, there are two sides. If the fire house is loaded with mold and the conditions are not acceptable for the fireman and children that frequent this property, where are the reports? I would think that the firemans union and parents of MVRCS students would have a problem letting there workers and children breathe this air. 

As far as signing a new lease, come on. What are we thinking? We are paying $4000.00 a month rent and Gatley has stated, in print, that the lease states  the tenants are responsible for the upkeep of the building! This should be a no brainer. Lets get out of this now.

I understand that there is a concern about respone time coming from the Revere border,  But guess what? The people living on that side of town have always had a longer response time. I live on the Malden/Everet border. I have always known that it takes longer for the engines to get to my neighborhood. No one is saying to make this permanent, but lets save some money and house these fireman in the Revere station where the conditions are better until other facilities have been built.

The one thing I keep reading in here is about the back room deals. If this is such a concern to some then take it out of Malden politics and bring it up to another level. Call the State Fire Marshall, The State Public Health Department and call the Attorney General and get them involved.

My last comment is a neutral one. Weather you like Mr Kinnon or not, the only thing that should be enforced is that any business that has to do with MVRCS, he, just like Genetti should have, should obstain from voting. That could be considered a conflict of interest.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from maldenrezident. Show maldenrezident's posts

Taxplayer: No one who rents or leases is on the hook for structural problems. A leaky roof is up to the landlord. The fire fighters have kept their area as clean as they can without making the repairs they are not required to do. If they repaired or replaced the roof without the landlord's approval, they could sue them if it wasn't done according to their (his) liking.

What has the Counciler Kinnon done to get a new fire station for his ward?

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from maldenaction. Show maldenaction's posts

In Response to Re: Maplewood Fire Station:
    [QUOTE]Hey Rez not sure MVparent can answer that but here's a thought.  Watching how he operates which is with the taxpayer in mind, I am betting he is in favor of them staying right where they are and having the city fix the building up for a few hundred thousand instead of finding land somewhere else buying it and then paying millions to build a new firestatiion.  As a taxpayer I think I woud build new and not put any sleeping quarters in it and change there schedule back to working five days a week.  Why should anyone get paid to sleep?  Give them a TV room and kitchen and a couple of bays.  Ah watch the firestorm now...  this would be a disaster as MFD is actually their part time job now for a whole lot of the guys. five days off a week pretty good. 
    Posted by LastMaldenite[/QUOTE]

Lastmalden,
    You just might be a few cards short of a deck...You want to go back to 5 days a week?  Get your stuff straight, They could go back to 8 days straight with one day off, that makes alott of sence. Gonna cost you though. You keep complaining about the shifts, the beds and all the rest, anytime you wanna put the gear on and crawl around in one of those house fires you just step right up. You dont hear the firemen complaining about the job do you? no, i didnt think so. Its always somebody not willing to do what they do, but hey, if you wanna strap a pair on and ride the big shiny truck to a fire and do what they do, and god forbid, have to search a house in pitch dark and temps of 1000 degrees, c'mon down and eat your wheaties and dont forget your tennis balls!   Put your brain where your mouth is, they do it for not much money compared to other cities of comparable size, now you can use my post to tear into the firemen, but you still dont have the meatballs to go where they go and do what they do, do ya? Nope you say? Keep posting stupid comments.  Big surprise coming for all you naysayers....  All they are looking for is a little respect, but with the likes of "lastmaldenite' posting stupid comments, i guess nothing will change, you wouldnt do their job and you certainly wouldnt work in one of those dumps they call firehouses, would ya?? Nope?? Yep, didnt think so. have a great day, prayers and hugs to you"Last", lots of prayers!Sealed

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from taxplayer. Show taxplayer's posts

In Response to Re: Maplewood Fire Station:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Maplewood Fire Station : Lastmalden, You just might be a few cards short of a deck...You want to go back to 5 days a week?  Get your stuff straight, They could go back to 8 days straight with one day off, that makes alott of sence. Gonna cost you though. You keep complaining about the shifts, the beds and all the rest, anytime you wanna put the gear on and crawl around in one of those house fires you just step right up. You dont hear the firemen complaining about the job do you? no, i didnt think so. Its always somebody not willing to do what they do, but hey, if you wanna strap a pair on and ride the big shiny truck to a fire and do what they do, and god forbid, have to search a house in pitch dark and temps of 1000 degrees, c'mon down and eat your wheaties and dont forget your tennis balls!   Put your brain where your mouth is, they do it for not much money compared to other cities of comparable size, now you can use my post to tear into the firemen, but you still dont have the meatballs to go where they go and do what they do, do ya? Nope you say? Keep posting stupid comments.  Big surprise coming for all you naysayers....  All they are looking for is a little respect, but with the likes of "lastmaldenite' posting stupid comments, i guess nothing will change, you wouldnt do their job and you certainly wouldnt work in one of those dumps they call firehouses, would ya?? Nope?? Yep, didnt think so. have a great day, prayers and hugs to you"Last", lots of prayers!
    Posted by maldenaction[/QUOTE]

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from taxplayer. Show taxplayer's posts

Just some thoughts... As with any story, there are two sides. Where is the reports about the station? The fireman's reps are saying that the conditions are deplorable. I would think that if they are that bad, the union as well as the MVRCS parents would not allow their children to go into this building and breathe this air. Has anyone done air quality tests or called in the Department of Pubic Health to take a look?

As far as signing another lease with MVRCS. Come on, are we not paying attention here? At $4000 a month, in a building that is under scrutiny about its condition, and Gatley saying that the lease says that repairs should be made by the tenant, this should be a no brainer.

I understand that the residents of Maplewood want to retain a station in there neighborhood, but lets look at something here. There is a station that's new and not being used. The taxpayers on that side of town have always been the farthest away from the station with no worries. They are saying that it will add three minutes to the response time for the engines. I live on the Malden/Everett line and have always known that it takes a little longer for the fire department to get here. It is what it is. No one is saying to leave the men and equipment there permanently, but this is a much better fix than signing another lease for three years.
     If we are not happy with the decisions being made by a local government, and as I am reading, people think there are back room deals, send your info to The State Fire Marshall, The State Department of Public Health and the Attorney Generals office. Let them sort out right and wrong.
    One more thought. whether you are or are not a fan of Mr Kinnon, here's a thought. As well as Mr Genetti should have, any votes that come up regarding MVRCS  Mr Kinnon should abstain from.  Where this could almost be considered a conflict of interest.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

Taxplayer---Why do think our Councilors are going to look at the building after 3 months of complaints. Easy Answer I contacted both
    the Board of Education and State Department of Public Health plus
    the State Building Inspectors about three weeks ago.
    Some information you should know the School Facility Manager is a
    relative of Councilor Kinnon ( both have last name) and when the Councilor was asked he just walked away--he is a member of the Board of Trustees.
    The question that no one is answering why hasn't the Mayor Spoken
    out about this problem it all over the local papers and web sites. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

Taxplayer---The Mayor's staff must be made of relatives of the three monkies See No Evil, Speak No Evil, Hear No Evil; 
    This the same staff who is working with a indicted chief of staff never saying a word to the Mayor, afraid of being fired.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from goindownswingin. Show goindownswingin's posts

the city, for sure, and the charter school are both to blame for the conditions.....don't renew the lease, tear the building down...or maybe they can renew the lease and we can go on and on and on about how the charter school got screwed...and how much they deserve and why the city of malden should take care of them...please can we do that? that would be awesome if we could.....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from taxplayer. Show taxplayer's posts

Thats great for contacting the right people. The mayor should have no say in this since he is not running again. I will send a copy of these posts to the state fire marshall. he should be interested in all of this

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from goindownswingin. Show goindownswingin's posts

one could even make the argument that since the mayor has an axe to grind with the fire dept. that he wasn't going to do a thing to help them out, including putting money into one of their firestations , even when it needed it. the fued is no secret, and it does date back many years....anyone who knows anything about this knows that this isn't a stretch.......

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

Good it so wack jobs like you can't go in and make an issue about it. So take your jungle hat and jump on your bike and go cry to that funny looking guy that lost to lord kinnon!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

Hey