Mayor Elect Christenson.....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ward5. Show ward5's posts

Mayor Elect Christenson.....

Congratulations.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from malden2010. Show malden2010's posts

Re: Mayor Elect Christenson.....

I second that!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AnnieOMalden. Show AnnieOMalden's posts

Congrats, Gary. Now how long will it take before I get my free trash barrel?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

Question of the Day----How long before Howard Resigns and Gary takes over and will he have an open Government?
    Second Question-----What does Ms Fallon do now---finish her term
    or walk away into the sunset?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hawthorne3. Show hawthorne3's posts

Malden is saved!  Congrats Gary....I am so proud of you..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from monkey45. Show monkey45's posts

Albert Einstein's Definition of Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from anotherman. Show anotherman's posts

Driver54:

Are you for real? Howard leaves office on January 2 2012, he's not going to resign, sorry to burst your bubble. That's when Christenson takes over.

Get a life. And stop asking those dumb questions.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mayfoto. Show mayfoto's posts

monkey45 - spot on.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GetActive. Show GetActive's posts

monkey45 and mayfoto if you still think Gary is more of the same even after all the new ideas he has rolled out, talks, Q&A, platform, etc, JUST during his campaign......I am sorry to say you haven't been paying very close attention.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mayfoto. Show mayfoto's posts

GetActive....I asked him some tough questions, he would not answer.  To be fair, the other candidate did not answer them either.  So yes, it will be more of the same, with no real change.  I do realize change takes time, so I will give it two years, then the "for sale" sign goes up if this city goes further down the drain.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from monkey45. Show monkey45's posts

Ideas are cheap.  Let's see some action. People will say anything you want to hear to get elected.  How is that change in Washington going!

Not to keen on either candidate - same circus different clowns.  He was primed by Howard!

You see GETACTIVE I have been paying very close attention.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from voteforme. Show voteforme's posts

In Response to Re: Mayor Elect Christenson.....:
    Now how long will it take before I get my free trash barrel?
    Posted by AnnieOMalden

Why Annie, you need them to throw out all the "crap" you've been handing out?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BackRoomDeals. Show BackRoomDeals's posts

In Response to Re: Mayor Elect Christenson.....:
    Congrats, Gary. Now how long will it take before I get my free trash barrel?
    Posted by AnnieOMalden

You'll probably be pretty far down on the list Annie, hope your patient. Also is it me or did i see a Kinnon Sign in your yard this morning? Did you finally decide IF YOU CANT BEAT THEM JOIN THEM.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JustinApinyen. Show JustinApinyen's posts

That won't work Vote, the trashmen aren't equipped to pick up that much bull shtuff.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

AnnieOMalden---Did Ms Fallon call Gary and congratulate him and did she give a consession speech ---I could not find one anywhere or is
    she a sore loser?  Waiting to read her speech!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from anotherman. Show anotherman's posts

Congratulations to Gary Christenson, and I hope he puts a good plan into action to revive this city and improve the community.

And it's high time to put aside all the bickering, pettiness, name-calling and taunting during this campaign season leading to the elections!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hellgirl. Show hellgirl's posts

^^^ What anotherman said. x 1,000.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Csurvivor. Show Csurvivor's posts

Some of you just think you know everything huh? Gosh it must be so great to be you! And, you're psychic too? How lovely!

Whine about this, whine about that-- it goes on always leading to people putting each other down, name calling etc. Hmmmm I  wonder where the bullying problems stem from.

For those who complain, why not try and use that energy for some good. Lead by example for heavens sake and just shut it already!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from laurie19. Show laurie19's posts

What are the first three items Gary shouls have on his agenda when he's in office?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

To All:  First ---Open city hall to all citizens and start having the City Council put residents on all committees. ( it is called an open Government)
    Second----Hire the most professional applicants not friends or
    relatives for city positions; Put out search committees which would have citizens input.
    Third-----Hire a professional Grant writer to assure that this citiy receives all the Federal funding that is required by law,
    ( work with local colleges for Co-Op programs that could make
    the city a better place to work)
    Finally---I might not be on this week because the death of my sister on Friday and myself schedule for surgry at Mass General Hospital ( heart) on Friday,
    Hope you all have a wonderful holiday and a happy new year.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from AMaldenSeniorCitizen. Show AMaldenSeniorCitizen's posts

I was unable to post under the article about the appointments.  If this is going to be business as usual -the jobs are not going to be posted.  This is a great opportunity to bring in truly talented people by letting people compete for the jobs.  If Gary is going to be fair and above board I would expect these positions to be posted to the public and the public should have input. If not these jobs are just the same old pay offs that have always gone on in the city of Malden. Taxpayers can not afford the waste from incompetant friends.   I am told he has ethics.  This will prove to me what he is about.  I for one would like to see plenty of competition for these positions - in order that the truly qualified person is selected.  If he has a fair selection process I would say he has leadership ability which is what I have found people to question about him.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from anotherman. Show anotherman's posts

AMaldenSeniorCitizen:

I've asked questions to Gary relating to that article, by contacting him through email, and I'll post his reply on this thread.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from AMaldenSeniorCitizen. Show AMaldenSeniorCitizen's posts

Anotherman,

Thank you very much.  I am very interested in hearing his reply.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from AMaldenSeniorCitizen. Show AMaldenSeniorCitizen's posts

To the Boston Globe.  Why can't I post under the article about Mr. Christenson hiring aides?  If you could correct the problem, it would be greatly appreciated.  That is what my comments pertain to.  Or would you kindly move my posts under that article?  Thank you.

Sections
Shortcuts