MORE POLICE

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from enough. Show enough's posts

MORE POLICE

Simply said, I strongly urge all citizens to vote for the Candidate who is going to fight for MORE POLICE HIRING. Presently, the small number of POLICE on any given shift is not sufficient to provide maximum Public Safety.
    Inadequate staffing leads to an increase in danger for the citizens and
    the Officers trying to provide protection.

Finally, congrats to Councilor At Large Candidate CS on his attempt to
    eliminate his past problems. He should continue and focus on this.
    HE SHOULD NOT BE INVOLVED IN MAKING POLICY DECISIONS FOR THE CITY OF MALDEN !!!!! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JustinApinyen. Show JustinApinyen's posts

Re: MORE POLICE

Voting for CS is like a man punching a woman... It should never happen!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hellgirl. Show hellgirl's posts

There needs to be a serious look at not only hiring more officers but also at leadership and how that department is run. MPD is known in LE circles as having...issues. And those issues transcend manpower requirements alone.

I hope that they can turn it around at some point, but until leadership at all levels changes (both within the department and City Hall), the good officers they do have will continue to be swimming upstream in a rapids.

As for Simonelli...it's disheartening to see the level of support the Malden born-and-breds are providing him. He'll get in. That much is already obvious. *sigh*

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

To All---I received a copy of the President Job's Bill sent to Congress Yesterday with it's attachment for Massachusetts, in the attachment the state would provide 591,800,000 dollars for teachers and first responders (breakdown more Police & Fire ) If you like to read it i have copies. The Bill is @ 25 pages and I read about 10 pages and the attachment is 2 pages long. Maybe the new mayor will apply for this money when available and start a community policing program with more officers walking beats and a community crime watch that is in every neighborhood.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1775andStillaDemocrat. Show 1775andStillaDemocrat's posts

Car54-I have my own opinion on Stimulus II-It stinks! I would extend the unemployment benefits and cut the payroll taxes for the employers. Maybe even give tax credits for any new employee that a  company hires.

Until we stop talking about the next big thing and get government to act on it. We will have economic stagnation in our nation. What do I suggest? There needs to be major infrastructure upgrades in transportation. Our nation starts the railroads by the government securing the lands (by force) and sells the rights to private companies that creates wealth along with opportunities for the population to work-this was in the 1850s.

We built an atomic bomb -The Manhatten Project, that ends a war-kills alot of innocent people, but ushers in the nuclear age for power. Most of our utility companies in the nation make profits and creates jobs.

In the 1960s we went to the moon (NASA) and develop major public uses for goods and services, from the space program.

The last few wars (while I disdain and abhor them), create medical and more technological advances in America.

The Internet, was created by our government (not by Al Gore-he might still think that this is the case) and while we had a major bubble that burst our economy, it transformed how we all live--think, if we did not have it..we would never be able to communicate with you and hear your vast amount of opinions.

Now what can we develop for our nation that will catapault us back into the global hunt as an innovator? High speed travel by train, more airports, a small and reusable space ship? How about a mission to drill water from the moon, maybe colonize it? What about the search for other liveable planets in our solar system.Think of all the new medical technolgies that would be created...

How about a Manhatten style project to develop an alternate to oil? It would end our dependency on it and the Middle East. What about a safer and more efficient way to drill for oil in ANWAR that would satisfy the EPA, politicians and lower our gas prices at the pumps? 

How about the Human Genome Project that the government starts on a fruit fly to read the DNA of this tiny insect? The government thought it would take a decade, private business did it in ONE year.

What do all of these projects have in common? They eventually create JOBS in the private sector-wealth and good paying careers. I thought our president was a forward thinking man, like Clinton, except what we get alot of is a Washington sellout.

Government needs to start an idea with a project, provide the need, demand which sparks the innovation for the private sector to take it over and improve upon it-and make profits which in turn hires skilled employees.

I will not read the bill, as we have lost our economic edge in this country. Our president is throwing more money down the drain. When will he become a leader and do what we need him to do--------think for all our futures, not to buy votes for next November. Mr. Barry O' Carter must cut bait, and stop waiting for Corporate America to come up with the next big thing--it is his responsibility to take the ball and create it.

The bill's money will only keep people working for a short duration of time. What then? Stimulus III?    

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

I just talked to the president. And he said he sent a job bill paper to Driver as a joke. There is no jobs bill. Your on candid camera!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

1775andstillademocrat---I dropped off a copy of the attachment at
    Deb. Fallons Office maybe she will share it with you again she has no
    clue what the attachment was and told me she read it already which
    was a lie. Because it is not on the Web anywhere as of yesterday I
    will be waiting to see how he plans to pay for it and who will vote
    for it. That happens as of September 19th per the white house.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1775andStillaDemocrat. Show 1775andStillaDemocrat's posts

Car54-really? I work for Deb Fallon, wow that's news to me. Why don't you reply to my post? There are alot of ideas for us to ponder for the future of our nation. All you want to ever do is grandstand on a written document from Washington DC. Who cares what the politicians want for the nation. They only seek to stay in office next fall. Our nation requires innovative ideas to lift us out of economic dispair.

Our middleclass now has the lowest income in nearly thirty years. Your best response is to run for a handout from the federal government? We need them to be leaders and guardians of our collective futures.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

We still have a middle class?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hellgirl. Show hellgirl's posts

Pats: No, not really. We're now classified as "Working Poor". We make too much to receive assistance but we're too poor to invest or do anything but live paycheck to paycheck. I think this just means we've been downgraded to "Working Class".

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

FOR ALL---WHAT I RECEIVED ON MONDAY WAS AN OVERVIEW OF THE PESIDENT JOBS BILL WHICH WAS 30+ PAGES IN LENGTH, TODAY MY FRIEND ASKED IF I WANTED THE COMPLETE BILL AS SENT TO CONGRESS IT IS 199 PAGES IN LENGTH AND I ASKED WHO WILL PAY
    FOR THE INK AND PAPER THAT IT WILL COST ME. AGAIN HE REMINDED ME THE COST BREAKDOWN WILL BE DELIVERED ON MONDAY NIGHT AND HE WILL SEND ME WHAT IS AVAILABLE AT THAT
    TIME--HOPING IT IS NOT 199 PAGES LONG.  TO ROBERT MILLER
    I COULD NOT BELIEVE IT WOULD BE THAT LONG IN LENGTH I CAN NOT AFFORD THE INK OR PAPER THAT WILL BE REQUIRED TO PRINT
    BOTH ITEMS OUT.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rite2010. Show Rite2010's posts

Please will you!  You have no idea what your talking about.  If you think that President Obama's stimulus plan is going to send more money to the police your highly mistaken.  Last year money was alloted by the Federal government to the states to hire more teachers, firefighters and police officers.  And guess what?  Once the state recieved that money what did they do with it?  The state was able to disperse that money as they saw fit as long it went into those certain professions to hire.  So when Governor Patrick got his liberal hands on that money where did you think it went?  Of course it went straight to the schools into their Chapter 70 fund which goes to the teachers/schools.  Thats right when here in Malden and across the state when the police had layoffs and crime was out of control the schools got almost all of it.  Get your facts straight before you post your foolishness.  Do you really think anything will change this time?  

In Response to Re: MORE POLICE:
    [QUOTE]To All---I received a copy of the President Job's Bill sent to Congress Yesterday with it's attachment for Massachusetts, in the attachment the state would provide 591,800,000 dollars for teachers and first responders (breakdown more Police & Fire ) If you like to read it i have copies. The Bill is @ 25 pages and I read about 10 pages and the attachment is 2 pages long. Maybe the new mayor will apply for this money when available and start a community policing program with more officers walking beats and a community crime watch that is in every neighborhood.
    Posted by Driver54[/QUOTE]

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

Rite, He already spoke to Obama. We are getting tons of money!!! We will be rich!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

First and Foremost--- I read the overview and the attachment as it
    was sent to Congress--I do not know how each state will handle it but initial printing says Massachusetts should receive 590,000,000
    dollars for Police, Firefighters, Teachers how it is given to each community was not given if it a stimulus or a grant has not been decided by Congress. All I was trying to do is to make the Mayoral Candidates read it and understand after November there will be money available for these areas. Than there is another 50 Billion to be allocated to Masachusetts for roads&street& bridge repairs.
    The total bill sent to Congress was 199 Pages long with attachments. I read the overview which was 30 pages long.
    next Monday the President will explain in detail how he will have it
    paid for and also will tell the debt Committee what cuts or taxes he will be proposing to the American Public.
    It is not foolish it has alot of good coponents in it that make sense.

I know about the Police & firefighter cuts in malden most was because the Mayor and Unions were in disagreement and the Firefighters still has no contract, this Mayor took 11 weeks to hire

ten firefighters after the city was awarded the Safer grant. Other
    cities awarded the same grant already has their new firefighter in the
    academy and we do not.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1775andStillaDemocrat. Show 1775andStillaDemocrat's posts

Car54, Where are you?