My opinion on the Ward 6 Race.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

My opinion on the Ward 6 Race.

Robert DeBerardinis, Ward 6 challenger
    Mr. Kinnon who do you represent? You are founder and on the board of trustees of the charter school, and ward 6 city councilor. You constructed a Dog Park in Trafton Park to keep the charter field clean. More than 12 HOMES signed a petition against the Dog Park. You wouldn’t discuss it. Is this how you address citizen’s concerns?

John Robillard
    , Ward 6 challenger
    Based on our current meals tax, Malden is pursuing bonds to cover the cost of some 10 projects. Some of these projects are renovating MacDonald Stadium, South Broadway and Pine Banks Parks etc. I know there are grant moneys involved along with other sources but doesn’t this proposal seem somewhat ambitious based on revenue from a .0075% meals tax?

Neil Kinnon
    , Ward 6 incumbent
    Twelve million dollars of bonding was authorized this year for capital projects citywide. Over eight million will benefit Ward Six; High Rock Acquisition, South Broadway Park Renovation, Hanover Area drainage solution, and Bike to the Sea which will clean up the railroad tracks. My opponents have stated they would revisit the bonding. Which project(s) would they cut or revisit?

--------------------------------------------------

Now lets look at the views of these three. One is different from the rest.

Robert
    seems to have always had an issue with the dog park. Rumor has it that if the dog park was not put in, a sober house would have been built on that land. I would rather put up with a dog park IMO. But is that all you have to run on? 12 homes signed a petition against the dog park. Ward 6 has more issues then a dog park, and I am not sure he understands this. Ward 6 goes beyond the 12 homes. A lot goes on in ward 6, but he has his anger focused across the street at that darn park.

This is why he will be the first to go in the primary.

John
    seems to have made his platform on "The Meals Tax". A tax that many cities around us have adopted. Now keep in mind...IT IS 75 CENTS TO EVERY $100. If you go out to eat and spend $100 I do not think 75 cents will break the bank. And if you want to travel outside the city to eat, that is fine. But do you think you are saving money. 75 Cents worth of gas will not get you out of Malden. Now some might do it out of spite,and that is your own freedom. But stop acting like this tax will make you go broke. Over time this money will build up and grow and go into repairs and other things needed around the city. Many people said "Parking stickers and a meals tax, give us one or the other." Well you got the meals tax. And your still crying. What does John know about Grant Money? If John was more involved in politics, he would understand the financial plans the city goes through to secure such projects. It goes beyond buying a king size bed and a ottoman.

This is why he will lose the Election.

Kinnon takes 72% of the vote.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from incorruptibility. Show incorruptibility's posts

Re: My opinion on the Ward 6 Race.

Obviously Pats, no one in your Ward cares about your opinion----EXCEPT you of course.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from activemaldonian. Show activemaldonian's posts

In Response to Re: My opinion on the Ward 6 Race.:
    Obviously Pats, no one in your Ward cares about your opinion----EXCEPT you of course.
    Posted by incorruptibility

This is exactly the type of behavior and thinking of Fallon followers and it is really sad.  If you don't agree with you than you don't deserve an opinion- that doesn't sound like the people's advocate.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GetActive. Show GetActive's posts

Posted by incorruptibility

Incorruptibility, why would you post something so rude and uncalled for?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from maldenblueskies. Show maldenblueskies's posts

Getactive: Have you read any of pats2012 comments?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GetActive. Show GetActive's posts

Yes I have read his comments but I am talking about this post on this subject matter and I see nothing offensive in him making a prediction about Tuesday in Ward 6.
    Incorruptibility comes out of nowhere with an uncalled for comment. If she had nothing to add to the conversation, she didn't have to respond.
    It was just rude.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hellgirl. Show hellgirl's posts

Yes I have read his comments but I am talking about this post on this subject matter and I see nothing offensive in him making a prediction about Tuesday in Ward 6. Incorruptibility comes out of nowhere with an uncalled for comment. If she had nothing to add to the conversation, she didn't have to respond. It was just rude.
    Posted by GetActive

Completely agree. ^^^ There's nothing rude, offensive, or bullying about this thread and some people will post just to scream even when it doesn't warrant it.

Unfortunately, I think that Pats' prediction is spot on. The ONLY signs I've seen for Ward 6 support Kinnon. The only literature I've received is from Kinnon. The only reason most of our neighbors know that there's even a "race" is because Kinnon is campaigning so there must be something/someone challenging him.

But no one I've spoken to knows the names of the challengers.

I've also driven by several "stand-outs" now and the only signs for the ward I've seen being held? Kinnon.

So if either of the contenders are remotely serious, maybe they should start oh...I don't know. Actually campaigning?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

MaldenBS you saying I post rude comments? Is it rude because I say something you do not like about the one your backing? Or is it rude because I might actually stand up to the Fallon Machine? Get over it. And if incorrupt want to say rude stuff to me that is ok. She has proved herself on the boards to be a Fallon bully. I have proved myself on these boards also,  to say the things people want to say but are to nice to say it.

I was giving my prediction on the race in my ward. And many other people around me agree. And some on this post agree. If you do not agree fine. No one has to read anything and everything I say. lol.

MaldenBS your just a ward8 guy mad over the fact your guy cant win against bucci. Want me to do a run down on him next?

Sections
Shortcuts