Mysterious Malden Util Bill?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

Re: Mysterious Malden Util Bill?

Gutclencher---Listen or read what I spoke what everyone can do
    that has received over charged water bills.
    Make a petition and file the Law Suits it will stop the Process and
    Start an Investigation;
    It is Easy and cost Nothing to file the class action suits.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Csurvivor. Show Csurvivor's posts

I started a group on Facebook called: Class Action Suit-Malden Water so that perhaps we can communicate and come together to resolve this atrocity once and for all. Please spread the word!

Hope you all have a nice weekend~

Wendy

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from laurie19. Show laurie19's posts

WATCH YOUR BILLS PEOPLE, THEY'RE TACKING ON INTEREST WHEN YOUR BILLS ARE PAID ON TIME......I PAID 2 DAYS EARLY AND STILL GOT HIT WITH INTERST CHARGES...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

Told all you what to do;
        Go to Malden District Court and file a Class Action Complaint
     than contact the ACLU for Help ----this will stop all the over
    charging and interest added on your bills. Do IT Monday;

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from laurie19. Show laurie19's posts

Update on Interest charges:

I spoke to the treasury department they said they're 10 working days out from posting checks to accounts which is triggering interest and they also stated not to pay the interest but remember to send in payments at least 12-15 days in advance until they catch up with this newly installed system.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cantbreath. Show cantbreath's posts

What newly installed system Laurie? 
    For xxx sake. They should have water bills at the same time at the real estate tax bills. It is the only logical way to bill for water. It costs them 5000 per mailing to mail them out monthly (i have the email from Malden treasurer saying so and will copy and paste if anyone wants to see it). They must get more late fees billing monthly. Apparently, they cannot keep up with the monthly data entry either? So they cannot keep up with the work and it costs them money to do it this way, why is it done this way? The efficiency committee recommended it go back to quarterly and the mayor wanted it to stay monthly. ??!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from laurie19. Show laurie19's posts

In Response to Re: Mysterious Malden Util Bill?:
    [QUOTE]What newly installed system Laurie?  For xxx sake. They should have water bills at the same time at the real estate tax bills. It is the only logical way to bill for water. It costs them 5000 per mailing to mail them out monthly (i have the email from Malden treasurer saying so and will copy and paste if anyone wants to see it). They must get more late fees billing monthly. Apparently, they cannot keep up with the monthly data entry either? So they cannot keep up with the work and it costs them money to do it this way, why is it done this way? The efficiency committee recommended it go back to quarterly and the mayor wanted it to stay monthly. ??!!
    Posted by cantbreath[/QUOTE]

I couldnt agree more..This is the second month they are sticking me with interest late fees for payments recieved well before the due dates.  When I questioned their process I got nothing but  moans as if they were fed up with my complaints.  As stated above they told me not to pay the interest fees next month and they will disappear, 10 dollars says they stick it to me again.  What a financial mess up there, Who is in charge of the process control?   

Just curious are others getting hit with interest late fees when their bills are paid on time?    

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gutclencher. Show Gutclencher's posts

Multiple city councilors are now looking into this.  At least Councilors Christenson and Anderson seem interested in fixing things.  Bucci and a couple others seem to be seriously coming on board as well.
    if the prosposed changes happen, I'm hoping things get less confusing for residents concerning this issue.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gutclencher. Show Gutclencher's posts

Hi Cantbreath
    I live in a single family with three small children.
    You are correct in that I prbably used too much water at the end of last Summer watering the garden, but there are real water problems in Malden.
    The city council has gotten a vast number of complaints and is working to change the billing and reading system in Malden.  many meters are defective and are being replaced continuously.
    New revelations came out in council hearings at city hall this week.  There is an appeals process, if you get denied for a water abatement.
    http://www.mass.gov/atb

[QUOTE]Hello Gutclencher, This discussion started in October and many people noticed high water bills. The bills we received in October were for water usage in July. Many people use more water in the summer months, watering yards, running sprinklers for kids, washing cars, etc. Some have said that bills are returning to normal because now they are receiving bills after the high summer usage is past. The new water meters have a solar display. It is not easy to be able to read them (deliberate? I hate them). You will have to get a light to shine on it for a bit to be able to read it. You do not need a plumber to know if you have a leak.  How many people are in your house? Is it a three family with 10 people or a single with 2? Set up your light on the solar display and after everyone goes to work and no one is doing anything look at that meter. It should not be moving. If it is then you have a leak.  Obviously, equipment can be defective but you should be able to get to the bottom of this. That kind of bill is crippling.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gutclencher. Show Gutclencher's posts

Please clarify.  I've looked into your facebook group and not a lot going on there.
    If you are able, it may be better to attend city hall hearings on the water abatement issues.  Things happen, when I show up at city hall and silently watch.  The councilors notice I'm there and it has an impact.

[QUOTE]I started a group on Facebook called: Class Action Suit-Malden Water so that perhaps we can communicate and come together to resolve this atrocity once and for all. Please spread the word! Hope you all have a nice weekend~ Wendy
    Posted by Csurvivor[/QUOTE]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gutclencher. Show Gutclencher's posts

The request for quarterly billing got shot down at this weeks council hearings at city hall.  Absolutely no one wants to go to quarterly billing again.  It'll take a major push from outside to make that happen now.  I'm shepherding a solidification around monthly water billing.

[QUOTE]What newly installed system Laurie?  For xxx sake. They should have water bills at the same time at the real estate tax bills. It is the only logical way to bill for water. It costs them 5000 per mailing to mail them out monthly (i have the email from Malden treasurer saying so and will copy and paste if anyone wants to see it). They must get more late fees billing monthly. Apparently, they cannot keep up with the monthly data entry either? So they cannot keep up with the work and it costs them money to do it this way, why is it done this way? The efficiency committee recommended it go back to quarterly and the mayor wanted it to stay monthly. ??!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

Gutclencher &all the rest;
    Easy way to stop the over charging is real easy it is a two step process;
    First---Go gather 10 or more signatures and file a class action suit in
    the Malden District Court ---this will stop the billing process immediately;

Second---when filing the complaint ask for Motion to stay this put the burden on the city to prove that there is no criminal intent on the on the homeowners& businesses of Malden.
    Finally next wednesday night there is a meeting at the Linden School
    about this problem, I already asked Councilor will more meetings be
    held accross this city and will they be posted.
    hope this helps everyone out now it is up to you to do something;

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gutclencher. Show Gutclencher's posts

New revelations came out in council hearings at city hall this week. Citizens were not being told that there is an appeals process, if you get denied for a water abatement.  Future notices of denials are supposed to include references to the following state agency for appeals:

www.mass.gov/atb

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from cantbreath. Show cantbreath's posts

[QUOTE]The request for quarterly billing got shot down at this weeks council hearings at city hall.  Absolutely no one wants to go to quarterly billing again.  It'll take a major push from outside to make that happen now.  I'm shepherding a solidification around monthly water billing. In Response to Re: Mysterious Malden Util Bill? :
    Posted by Gutclencher[/QUOTE]

When they went to monthly billing the press release said 'we have looked around at other towns and…'. There is not any other town that bills monthly for water. Call them. They don't do it. I do not think they should be making more work for us and at our expense (5000 per mailing). No.
    Gut, what do you mean 'I'm shepherding a solidification around monthly water billing'. Sorry, not getting it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gutclencher. Show Gutclencher's posts

If you desire to go to quarterly billing or some other variation, you need to attend council hearings and advocate.  At this weeks hearings, no one could mount a credible argument against monthly billing.  Contact a councilor and make your concerns known.
    I'm on the other side of this debate from you, but you deserve to have your concerns aired.  I can't advocate for your stance on this issue.

We are on a monthly billing cycle now.  Citizens have been hurt by quarterly billing in the past.  Meters are read on a 45 day cycle now.  Because of the problems that I've had, I've urged the city council, DPW, treasurers office and city engineers to bring the meter readings and billing onto the same monthly cycle to alleviate some of the confusion to residents.

Just to be clear, we already have monthly water billing in Malden.  I'm shepherding the rest of the system to synchronize around a monthly system through my advocacy. 

Even if you don't say anything, showing up for the committee hearings helps others realize that you are serious.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mysterious Malden Util Bill? : When they went to monthly billing the press release said 'we have looked around at other towns and…'. There is not any other town that bills monthly for water. Call them. They don't do it. I do not think they should be making more work for us and at our expense (5000 per mailing). No. Gut, what do you mean 'I'm shepherding a solidification around monthly water billing'. Sorry, not getting it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gutclencher. Show Gutclencher's posts

Water billing reform in Malden has seemed to stall.  The water commissioners have apparently "tabled" proposed changes to help clarify the system for residents.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gutclencher. Show Gutclencher's posts

Someone mentioned to me tonight that they believe Kinnon used to be the water commissioner.  Somehow, I am not surprised.