Need new people and ideas at Malden Redevlopmet Authority

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from goindownswingin. Show goindownswingin's posts

Re: Need new people and ideas at Malden Redevlopmet Authority

lamb shanks and rice...$7.99 at the joti palace in the square...have at it......

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JIRKYRICK. Show JIRKYRICK's posts

lamb shanks and rice at the Joti, dont think that is exactly a annual food fest.

I went there once, nobody but my wife and I where in there, at 7pm food seemed like it was rewarmed leftovers,.. food was dry and average at best.  I never see anyone in there when I go by, how do they stay in business

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JIRKYRICK. Show JIRKYRICK's posts

other ideas for an Annual avent:
    Regea fest
    Parrot head fest
    bikini contest (hehe well I like it)
    80' fest (or different decade for each day, 70's and 80's)
    Mardi Gras celebration

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

To all Parties----I submitted an Event---National Night Out which is held every August. ( Information to knoe 15 to 20 thousand cities/towns participate @ 37 Million people involved ) Gave this Idea
    to the Mayor and City Council in January copy of package to each of them and have not heard one word---Maybe you can ask J Bucci or
    B.Murpphy, G.Christenson, N.Anderson, g.lucey----not one word back maybe you can call and ask why not, call everett,somerville,
    arlington medford all have this event  this your Council at Work.
     Go To NationalNightOut,com and see what it tells you

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lirazel. Show Lirazel's posts

Y'all would (I hope) have loved the All Faith's Festival, which was held May 15th at the Senior Center. We had at least 10 churchs, two temples, and a mosque participating, and the folks from the temples clapped just as hard for the Muslim children's chorus as the Muslim folks clapped for the folksingers from the temple.

Catch it on MTV if you can, it was really something.

Also, please note the Harvest Moon festival in Aug or Sept, by the pond. Good food, great performances, and all sorts of organizations come out.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JIRKYRICK. Show JIRKYRICK's posts

hehehe I typed Redevelopment wrong, at least you know I am consistent....

Good luck with the religous festival, personally, I am not into organized religous events, looking for something more with a party festival atmosphere that attracts people.  People attending thinga at a senior center probably are not likely to be spending money in the down center

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from fscib52. Show fscib52's posts

What about St Rocco Feast. That has been running for many years and very successful. MRA is OK.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from goindownswingin. Show goindownswingin's posts

i'm all set with  religious festivals as well, as for st. roccos...ruined years ago by the beer swilling youth...thanks,,,,,

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JIRKYRICK. Show JIRKYRICK's posts

dont recall St Rocco bringing in lots of business to the downtown,  Its okay as a small local event.  I am thinking more like what Manchester NH has done with the international chili cookoff or something that puts Malden as a regional destination for an event which then carries over to year round business

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Educatedmaldonian. Show Educatedmaldonian's posts

I think that is a great idea. Music and Art at Bell rock Park has the beginnings of what you are talking about. I went last year and FOOGI added an art's portion which really worked together with the concert that was already in place by Ward 1.  They also had food carts and you could walk around listening to music, picnic, and check out the local artists.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hellgirl. Show hellgirl's posts

I remember going to annual arts festivals with my mum when I was a kid - and flower fests too. Music and Arts at Bell Rock is a great start. I wish we could do more like it - especially in downtown.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from laurie19. Show laurie19's posts

Close Downtown for a day (trust me no big revenue loss) and turn it into a food vender fest such as the Phantom Gourmet does (chowder fest) ...with entertainment of course.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from fscib52. Show fscib52's posts

Jirky
    You called St Rocco a small local event. In runs three days, takes up a couple of city blocks, and live entertainment. I don't know what it brings in, but if it was moved to Pleasant st, from Main to City Hall, it would be North Shore Famous.
    Maybe Driver could secure a grant for the move.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JIRKYRICK. Show JIRKYRICK's posts

there ya go FSCIB, thats a great idea.  They could expand it to more food options.  Last time I was there, the food options where small, frid dough and sausage but put downtown, the restaaurants could take part of it along with more outside food cart / vendors.  It could eventually become something like the north end venues, maybe a few per summer.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from goindownswingin. Show goindownswingin's posts

you remember that far back hellgirl?:)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hellgirl. Show hellgirl's posts

goin': Jealous much? :P

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lirazel. Show Lirazel's posts

FYI, the All Faith's Festival was not about a specific religion -- it was about celebrating the diversity of religious life in Malden.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from GetActive. Show GetActive's posts

In Response to Re: Need new people and ideas at Malden Redevlopmet Authority:
    [QUOTE]dont recall St Rocco bringing in lots of business to the downtown,  Its okay as a small local event.  I am thinking more like what Manchester NH has done with the international chili cookoff or something that puts Malden as a regional destination for an event which then carries over to year round business
    Posted by JIRKYRICK[/QUOTE]

Councillor Murphy made Malden a regional destination last summer with her three-part Cruise Night Series. She had classic cars and motorcycles from all over Massachusetts come to Pleasant Street for the car show. Great size crowds (both participants and spectators) which brought business into the Square that ordinarilly wouldn't have been there.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

GetActive----National Night Out would bring more people/citizens
    to the square and surrounding businesses but the information I sent
    them is not being heard----Call Her or Juddi Bucci or Paul DiPietro
    about National Night Out---15,000 communities and 37 million people
    enjoy it---Why isn't Malden Participating ask your Councilor or Mayor.   I did what I had to do now it is up to them. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JIRKYRICK. Show JIRKYRICK's posts

I think I remember the cruiser night.  Wasn't it a rainy weekend though which kind of hurt it. Hope it grows.   These things all start small, ut hopefully the word gets out. 

When is the next one?  Have not heard.  Is it an annual event? Are they planning to expand it somehow?  Would probably be a great idea to combine it with the ST Rocco feast downtown.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JIRKYRICK. Show JIRKYRICK's posts

Oh yeh, thought it was only a cruiser night, did not realize it was a Motorcycle event. I definetly would have been there had I known that

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkDontTrip. Show WalkDontTrip's posts

Yeah id love to see some great bikes also.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

Again-----why not push for a National Night Out and have businesses and community and its residents involved seems it has
    be about certain councilors being in the spot light.
    Why not make it a Community Event; than in August we have the
    Zip Trip coming to Malden ---I have not heard one word what the
    City is planning. We also can be like the North End and celebrate a
    feast everyweekend, or like east cambridge has the feast of the
    Twin Saints but that is too easy for our Councilors to organize.
     " Stupid is as Stupid Does" we have 11 in city hall plus the MRA.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from taxed2much. Show taxed2much's posts

PLEASE STOP CALLING PEOPLE NAMES IT'S RUDE,!! Re: Need new people and ideas at Malden Redevlopmet Authority

[QUOTE]Again-----why not push for a National Night Out and have businesses and community and its residents involved seems it has be about certain councilors being in the spot light. Why not make it a Community Event; than in August we have the Zip Trip coming to Malden ---I have not heard one word what the City is planning. We also can be like the North End and celebrate a feast everyweekend, or like east cambridge has the feast of the Twin Saints but that is too easy for our Councilors to organize.  " Stupid is as Stupid Does" we have 11 in city hall plus the MRA.
    Posted by Driver54[/QUOTE]

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from GetActive. Show GetActive's posts

[QUOTE]I think I remember the cruiser night.  Wasn't it a rainy weekend though which kind of hurt it. Hope it grows.   These things all start small, ut hopefully the word gets out.  When is the next one?  Have not heard.  Is it an annual event? Are they planning to expand it somehow?  Would probably be a great idea to combine it with the ST Rocco feast downtown.
    Posted by JIRKYRICK[/QUOTE]

She had three of them, one a month through the summer. The first one rained but surprisingly there was still a good size crowd. It didn't really hurt the event. Last year was the first time it was done but I know Councillor Murphy is planning on making this an annual event. I have not heard any dates yet for this summer though. 

Last year, by the time the third in the series rolled around, there were muscle cars, antiques and motorcycles from City Hall all the way to Main Street. It was out of control (in a good way), the volunteers couldn't find enough space to put all the vehicles. So, I guess you could say it expanded itself. It will be interesting to see what kind of response she gets this summer.