NEW DEBATE DATE!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from newuser09. Show newuser09's posts

NEW DEBATE DATE!!!

Well I guess the Senior Center and Senior Action looked at a calendar and I heard that the debate is moved!  But to the middle of October?  Really?  Why not earlier? There has got to be some group in Malden that can sponsor a debate before the middle of October!!! 
    I say we as the supporters, bloggers, residents and most of all voters say lets call for a debate NEXT WEEK----- I am sure if we call for it (not on a Council meeting day) at the Senior Center, maybe the Library if the center is not available or right there at city hall.

Who will take up the challenge?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from newuser09. Show newuser09's posts

Re: NEW DEBATE DATE!!!

I guess no one really cared about the debate!  SO Mid October is good enough for all of you?  SAD! no one cares to hear from the candidates for themselves!  Apparently we are satisfied reading opinons from nameless, faceless people!  Why don't we want to hear from the candidates themselves?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Educatedmaldonian. Show Educatedmaldonian's posts

In Response to Re: NEW DEBATE DATE!!!:
    [QUOTE]I guess no one really cared about the debate!  SO Mid October is good enough for all of you?  SAD! no one cares to hear from the candidates for themselves!  Apparently we are satisfied reading opinons from nameless, faceless people!  Why don't we want to hear from the candidates themselves?
    Posted by newuser09[/QUOTE]
     No it is not good enough, but when one candidate decides not to show (Fallon) no matter what the reason, you can't really have a debate.  Gary is willing to come to any debate he is invited to!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from KaysieMae. Show KaysieMae's posts

Educatedmaldonian:  And you know all this firsthand because:

1)  You are GC's Campaign Manager?
    2)  You have an inside connection to view DF's calendar?
    3)  You are an edumacated maldonian and know it all!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

Newuser09----I was at event yesterday where Gary attended and answered all the questions and gave some insight he wants to do

if elected. Again he knew the story and when I asked about the

Safer grant and the New Fire Station he had answers. Deb Fallon has

not made one statement and he also thank me for the Information I

dropped off about the President Jobs Bill and what Grants that are

available to put more Police on the streets and grants to build a

New Fire Station which Deb has not comment on as of today.

She received the same material and Tell AnnieOMalden her candidate

lies when asked tough questions.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Educatedmaldonian. Show Educatedmaldonian's posts

[QUOTE]Educatedmaldonian:  And you know all this firsthand because: 1)  You are GC's Campaign Manager? 2)  You have an inside connection to view DF's calendar? 3)  You are an edumacated maldonian and know it all!
    Posted by KaysieMae[/QUOTE]

I know this all because I make sure I am educated in my local politics. It is not hard to understand, it was very clear who called the debate and if you understand how it works, you also know that the candidates did not call the debate.  Yes, I also know both invitations went out in June and she chose to ignore hers and not answer.  I am pretty sure if she was that concerned about a holiday, she would have known about the holiday in June!  It is "curious" that she waited so long to respond to this invitation.  Planning to cancel at the last minute so the debate gets pushed off and would leave less time to reschedule additional ones perhaps?

Would it matter if I was the campaign manager? Would it matter if I worked on the campaign? Would it matter if Volunteer in the office? Would it matter if I know the people who organized the debate, worked in the building that was hosting the debate, or if I am very good friends with a firefighter who doesn't support Fallon, or if I work in a school system, or have friends that have been intimidated by Fallons team and are now supporting Christenson?  
    What matters is it is the truth and you need to go back to your candidate and demand she tell you the real truth about what she supports and what her platform is and the real truth about what is happening with the CFO position and not the scare tactic propoganda she is speading.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AnnieOMalden. Show AnnieOMalden's posts

active/educated: What would that "scare tactic propaganda" be since you know everything and everyone?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from newuser09. Show newuser09's posts

Honestly I don't care who called for it, Who knows who, or  propaganda!  
    ALL I want is to hear from the CANDIDATES!  Why are we waiting for October? 
    There should be a series of debates not ONE 3 weeks before the election and that is it!  
    Christenson has said right along that he is willing at any time to debate the issues..  Not sure Fallon's position since I have not been "lucky enough" --or the stars have not lined up for me to be in the right place at the right time to hear anything about her platform (besides the plan for firefighters of course) 

SO hear and now WE THE VOTING CITIZENS ARE CALLING FOR A DEBATE BEFORE OCTOBER 13th!

WHO IS IN??? 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Educatedmaldonian. Show Educatedmaldonian's posts

[QUOTE]active/educated: What would that "scare tactic propaganda" be since you know everything and everyone?
    Posted by AnnieOMalden[/QUOTE]

This is an easy one! 
    1. Telling people that the CFO position adds 100K salary when it actually is a combination of 2 salaries and ends up saving the city money. (putting fear of spending and adding frivolous jobs).
    2. Telling people that the power of appointing this position was taken away from the council when it WASN'T! (fear of shifting power away from the council)
    3.  Telling people (prior globe article reference) directly from her mouth, that Mayor Howard was going to resign and that Greg Lucey was going to "step down" and they would appoint Gary somehow as Mayor! That was a good one...(conspiracy fear)
    4. Scaring seniors and the rest of the citizens telling them that the firefighters may not reach their house in time if there was a fire.  (if she feels their safety is in any way in jeopardy, this should be properly addressed).
    5. Telling people that Kinnon or Nestor is up for the CFO position when it isn't even an approved position and won't be for some time! (Conspiracy theories)
    6. Telling people that Gary voted for PAYT when that is not the truth.

I could keep going, but it is getting tiresome.

PLEASE COME UP WITH ONE THING FALLON HAS COMPLETED IN HER FIRST TERM!  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

EducateMaldonian----I even caught her in a lie and Annie O Malden keeps protecting her------I can not trust her and will
    miss her departure on the Council maybe Someone with a new
    plan to Make Malden A Better Place to Live. Because she has
    not done anything but cause confussion and debate.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from newuser09. Show newuser09's posts

Again!   A Candidate Debate not an Annie/Educated or an Educated/Kaysie debate----- Tonight is the Council Meeting!  They both should be there and have their calendars!  Now that Fallon has finally sponsored a paper about letting the public speak let's take that opportunity to ask them (on camera) to commit to more debates.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

TO ALL---JUST RECEIVED NOTICE THAT THE MAYORAL dEBATE
    IS ON OCTOBER 1ST,2011  FROM 5:30 PM TO 7 PM IT IS AT THE
    SENIOR CENTER.  HOPE THIS DOES NOT GET CHANGED. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

MEANT OCTOBER 13TH 2011   SORRY FOR NOT PUTTING IN THE 3
    MY ERROR.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from newuser09. Show newuser09's posts

Right October 13th. 

HONESTLY we can not find a date in the next 22 days to have one sooner?  If not I say we have them once a week from Oct. 13- Nov 8th.--3-4 in all!!!!! 
    Give us an opportunity to hear out of there own mouths--face to face from the two people who want MY vote and yours as well!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Educatedmaldonian. Show Educatedmaldonian's posts

[QUOTE]Again!   A Candidate Debate not an Annie/Educated or an Educated/Kaysie debate----- Tonight is the Council Meeting!  They both should be there and have their calendars!  Now that Fallon has finally sponsored a paper about letting the public speak let's take that opportunity to ask them (on camera) to commit to more debates.

You can't just ask them for a debate at the council meeting.  Actually, I shouldn't say that, maybe you can, I don't know who you are.  You should have a venue in place before asking for a debate to be sure you have a commitment for a date.  On second thought, go ask them, I would be very interested in what happened.  I will watch with popcorn from home!  Has anyone suggested another venue for a debate?  Maybe the CCC who held the first question and answer forum?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from newuser09. Show newuser09's posts

I do know that you just can't ask for a debate and bam we have one!  What I was saying is I just read that on tonight's agenda is a paper Fallon put in to have the public comment at the meetings!  She wants it --let's give it to her!  My comment would be DEBATE!  I know there is a lot more to it setting it up, questions,ground rules etc. But I know Christenson is ready and will work on getting it into his busy schedule but let's have Fallon publicly acknowledge that she is asked to debate, and confirm or fumble not too!!!

Educated--I don't know what the CCC is and Q & A forum!  But maybe if they did something like that already let's go for it! 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Educatedmaldonian. Show Educatedmaldonian's posts

[QUOTE]I do know that you just can't ask for a debate and bam we have one!  What I was saying is I just read that on tonight's agenda is a paper Fallon put in to have the public comment at the meetings!  She wants it --let's give it to her!  My comment would be DEBATE!  I know there is a lot more to it setting it up, questions,ground rules etc. But I know Christenson is ready and will work on getting it into his busy schedule but let's have Fallon publicly acknowledge that she is asked to debate, and confirm or fumble not too!!! Educated--I don't know what the CCC is and Q & A forum!  But maybe if they did something like that already let's go for it! 

I was hoping when I said maybe you could just ask that you were somehow linked in with a place that could actually host one, that would have been great!  I love your idea, and I have not given much thought to how things could turn if anyone and everyone could ask questions at the meetings!  I may actually just show up with a list of my own if that happens- good point.

The CCC is the Chinese Cultural Connection and they hosted a "meet the candidate" night months ago, but I believe Ms. Fallon left before the question and answer portion of the program. It was held for all the candidates that were running for office and it was well attended and open to the public.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from AnnieOMalden. Show AnnieOMalden's posts

FTR: Deb left the Sunday afternoon "meet the candidates" forum with Judy Bucci to go and paint the mural under the T bridge at Rte. 60.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

Annie your always finding excuses for the Candidate ---will she have another appointment on October 13th, and leave the Debate Early.
    Oh the Idea of opening the meeting to have a public Forum Time was introduced by me last December when I asked the
    Councilors in a typed paper to have a time set so citizens could
    speak at the Councilor Meetings, Second I asked these councilors to Publish the Minutes on the Web and the Print Media within 48 Hours all the clerk has to do these state that
    these minutes have not been approved as of the this date, Other cities do such things but not in Malden these clerks city and clerk of committees are special and need not to work.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from newuser09. Show newuser09's posts

[QUOTE]FTR: Deb left the Sunday afternoon "meet the candidates" forum with Judy Bucci to go and paint the mural under the T bridge at Rte. 60.
    Posted by AnnieOMalden[/QUOTE]

Really?!?  What a Lame-O excuse!  I can see Bucci leaving since she was the councilor heading the thing!

Heard she got there late-- then left early--LEFT EARLY TO PAINT?

WOW!!! That is one of the dumbest reasons I have heard yet!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from greysquirrel. Show greysquirrel's posts

Driver 54 - "you" and "you" alone, are probably the reason that the City Council does not want a public forum at the Council meetings. They probably have read some of your postings on this site and do not want to waste their entire evening listening to you ramble about nonsense. Not to mention that you flip flop on every topic, first your running for office, then you back out because of alleged threats to family members, then you run a sticker/write in campaign whatever you are doing today, I'm sure it will change in a day or two. One day your health is not good, and the next your ready for a marathon. One thing you do, is keep most people entertained with your foolishness.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

greysquirral----Why is this the only elected city council/alderman

that do not post their minutes on any project which by state Law

is required. They find every excuse to even have it put it on the

their WEB SITE than after being approved will not release the Minutes to the Print Media ---What are they Hiding, I have asked for

the Minutes for the New Fire Station and since the 30 days is up I

will ask the Attorney General Office Open Meeting Division to have these minutes available for me. Also at the Same time I will ask for

other Minutes from other meetings which never get posted.

This is a Fun Time----Will you be at the debate or just on here, I

was going to go to the Council Meeting but my sister just arrived

and she will need someone to take her home. Her daughter drove

her to my house I  did not know she was coming.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from anotherman. Show anotherman's posts

Yeah Driver54 aka Mr-Pretend-To-Know-It-All:

It's just like you to come up with another excuse (one excuse after another) for not "attending" an event. *eyes rolling*

I bet you have another excuse on hand the day of the elections for not showing up at the polling place with your stickers and flyers explaining your "platform", right?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from greysquirrel. Show greysquirrel's posts

I find it interesting that you post that your sister just arrived unexpectedly and that is why you could not attend the council meeting tonite. The Public Safety meeting was at 6:30pm and the full Council meeting was at 7pm. Your post is listed at 6:51pm which leads me to believe that you had no intentions of going to the meeting anyway. Is it possible that some of the earlier posts about you not being allowed in City Hall are true?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

greysquirrel---My sister showed up at 6:30Pm ---she was out with her daughter and grandchildren and just dropped by, my niece lives in Maynard and I told her I drive my sister home and yes I was dressed with a shirt and tie on. What we discussed was how she is
    doing and will be going in Leahy Clinic in Burlington on Friday for Test, she asked me to check her Mail on friday and Staturday. We usually talk about twice a week since my other sister died in March.
    Again I really do not give a flying F if you believe me or not,Family comes first with me not a corrupt City Council.