NEW DEBATE DATE!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GetActive. Show GetActive's posts

Re: NEW DEBATE DATE!!!

In Response to Re: NEW DEBATE DATE!!!:
    [QUOTE] Oh the Idea of opening the meeting to have a public Forum Time was introduced by me last December when I asked the Councilors in a typed paper to have a time set so citizens could speak at the Councilor Meetings.
    Posted by Driver54[/QUOTE]

Driver you are wrong about this. The idea of opening the meeting for public comment was "introduced" by Gary Christenson years ago but got voted down.
    I will admit I am not sure of the date, might have been 2005 but it def wasn't last December.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from AnnieOMalden. Show AnnieOMalden's posts

Driver: Too bad you missed the Safety Committee meeting tonight. You would have seen first hand our Council at their "finest". Your pal Gary is now pitting the fire fighters against the teachers and police. He is obviously clueless about what his responsibility is to the voters of this city. It was a joke, unfortunately, on the citizens of this city. I make no bones about my support for Deb Fallon. I also do not make any apologies. She showed all of us in that room what a Mayor should be about. We need someone to fight for us and turn Malden back into the proud city it once was. Gary's idea of bringing in business to Malden is get more food trucks into Malden. Too little too late, Gary. How many years have you had in the council to come up with something? Aim higher, way higher or get out of the way.

I don't even know where to start with my observations of the buffoonery I witnessed tonight. One MINOR example: The room is stuffed with people and in the midst of several topics being discussed, Paul DiPietro asks the Chief if he has looked at already trained ff's because he has a friend, "who for whatever reason has chosen not to work for his own city's dept. and is now looking for a job. It would save the city money to hire such a person, correct?" Taking care of the friends and family is alive and well. Very awkward. 

In a budget of $150MIL, Kinnon is whining about $150k to put about a dozen ff's on the job.  Why would we ever refuse no strings, free money? Have we ever given back lottery money? Any state money for any other purpose like the money we got to build schools and repair the high school? Any Homeland Security money? Education grants? HUD money? Block grants? MRA funding? So what is the story with the deep hatred for the ff's? The admin/council GAVE BACK $765k last year. The $2.2MIL would go a long way to securing our city and yet the Mayor has dragged his feet and now the Council is arguing nonsensical reasons why we shouldn't accept it? How stupid is everyone else around us for doing the same thing? Wasn't that the basis of instituting the meals tax? "Everone else around us is doing it."  There were so many opportunities for this council to do the right thing. Tonight was not one of them. My mother used an expression that fit this: They would rather cut their noses off to spite their faces. Everyone's true colors came out tonight and Deb is a shining example of the kind of Mayor this city needs to turn itself around. DEB FALLON FOR MAYOR!!! 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from maldenaction. Show maldenaction's posts

I suppose you could look at public safety like an insurance policy, everybody should have property, car, life insurance, I dont like paying premiums, but if something were to happen, YOU ARE COVERED! Dont want to pay your premiums, well, then your screwed! The tiny little problem with public safety is you are playing games with peoples lives and property,  call it scare tatics, call it what you will. I wouldnt want to be the person who didnt pay the premium and then need help, but no help comes in time, or not enough. It will happen, its a game politicians play, most times they win, someday I, you, we (MALDEN).....will lose.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Educatedmaldonian. Show Educatedmaldonian's posts

It wasn't on MATV this week!  Not that the committee meetings are televised anyway, but I will check in to see what really happened at the meeting.  Annie O, do you have any ideas or assumptions about this "so called hatred" of the fire fighters? 
    I am sure nobody "hates" them, and most hold them in high esteem, but I am curious about why you think this is so.  

Is there any reason why people would question motives?  Just curious.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

AnnieOMalden---I from the beginning when we were awarded the Grant on July 1st, I was asking why it was taking this long to hire the number of firefighters that the Grant allows. I support that we should hire 15 to 17 firefighters required under the Grant. On Sunday  I question Gary and Politely Told him he was wrong by backing the Mayor and should stand with the Firefighters. What happen last nite was so corrupt it hurts when i read it this morning
    in the Paper again if the Mayor says Jump certain members of this Council jumps which is corrupt. About equipment problems it is embarrassing that they can not find a Part maybe they are not working on it or do not care about the Safety of it Citizens.
    Annie Deb is right on the firefighters problems but it will not change
    until City Hall is cleaned out of its corrupt officials.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from fscib52. Show fscib52's posts

Hey Bob, I will take some of that Over action. Me and Annie O will be voting for the driver. We would only need one more.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mfd237. Show mfd237's posts

fscib Car54 will go over the total but not by much. Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck will get more votes though.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from AnnieOMalden. Show AnnieOMalden's posts

active/educated: I speak only as a casual observer and citizen in respect to what I perceive as the "hatred" of the ff's. I probably should have used the words "complete lack of respect" as opposed to hatred, so please indulge me with that backtrack.

I started to notice it years ago when Kinnon was appointed Fire Commissioner. I knew him then as the driving force behind the charter school and perhaps by then he was chair of the board. It surprised me as he didn't seem to have any background in the Fire Dept. and was simply appointed by his close friend, the Mayor. As you know, the ff's were in the Maplewood station beside the school. There was an incident where the ff's had a handout to the parents of the students and maybe even a drop of the neighborhoods-don't remember for sure. The very next day the kids came home with a letter from Neil dumping all over the ff's and he was flipping out that they would be writing a letter which, as I recall, was a vote of no confidence for the commissioner (Kinnon) and decried his lack of experience in leading the Fire Dept. etc. Since that time, I have noticed how when it comes to the FD, they are like the red-haired step children of this city. No one on the council gave a rap about how they were housed in the Maplewood station and were used as pawns for the school to get whatever it was they wanted in park usuage or getting a boat dock built for crew at the DPW yards, etc. As a parent, it was the weirdest arrangement and I think the school came out on the short end. Never got enough to make the city actually build a station to get them where they needed to be.

The Linden station was closed which brought more significance to the Maplewood station remaining and the school did nothing to patch the holes or address the maintenance problems until it was finally condemned due to the lack of attention. Now all of a sudden there is a new roof and the inside is getting much needed repairs! The council was ok with selling the station to the school and then renting it back. No negotiations for a new station ever went on and at the last minute, a deal would be struck and the ff's would stay there and the city would do nothing to improve their conditions. The Mayor refuses to negotiate with the ff's and now it is going to arbitration. I am told by them, it is not the health benefits which are the sticking point. They have been and are willing to continue negotiatons even last night stating their willingness when asked the status. All I know is when it comes to them, they get arguments against them instead of support. The schools get whatever they need and want, the police were messed with re: their Quinn bill money and detail payments were held back (until Deb pushed for them to be more timely!) but the police are far more respected than their first responder counterparts, maybe because they have guns, but not sure. That was a little joke, my friend before you focus on that instead of anything else I have offered as my own opinion.

This once proud city has allowed the council to play their petty little games with our safety as an afterthought. Maybe when they were kids one of the ff's kicked sand in the Mayor and Neil's face and they swore to get even. Maybe they are wannabes and are just jealous as I couldn't see either one of them lasting a day in training camp for the ff's. I really don't know what their motivation is. As Deb Fallon reminded our council, it is up to them to put the welfare and needs of the citizens as their top priority over the "nice to have" spending projects. It was clear last night the amigos were not listening to the issues being raised by the FD and were more intersted in not accepting an opportunity to make our city safer. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Educatedmaldonian. Show Educatedmaldonian's posts

That is a lot of information.  I never would speak for Kinnon and I may even agree with you regarding his disrespectful behavior.  I just have to say that Gary Christenson certainly is not at the root of this "disrespect" you speak of and I have never seen him be anything but respectful even when disagreeing. 
    I am not as ingrained into this topic so I will go back and do some homework. As for Fallon, I am sure she started with good intentions regarding the fire fighters, but I don't think she is helping.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from AnnieOMalden. Show AnnieOMalden's posts

It really is too bad you weren't there last night. It is even sadder these meetings are not televised. They know only those in the meeting witness what goes on and of course it is subjective. I can understand why Gary did not have his supporters at the meeting as you may have seen a different side to him. His and the other amigos only deepened my sentiment we need new blood in this city.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from newuser09. Show newuser09's posts

I think it is really so sad that these blogs seems to just serve as a place to spew accusations and personal attacks and nothing to do with the subject matter.

The subject was a DEBATE!  Annie if you are SO close to Fallon call her before you blog again and get a commitment to debate more than that one time scheduled... otherwise I don't give a hoot what you have to say...

Educated the same thing! 

I have heard Christenson say he would be at any debate set but have not heard the same from Fallon-- so that is where I think the commitment needs to come from but would be nice to hear from both.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Educatedmaldonian. Show Educatedmaldonian's posts

I am not sure what you want here newuser09- I could get you dates, but if you don't even have a venue I am not sure what you would do with them.  I could just say anytime you schedule it he will be there?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

ANNIEOMALDEN----- I Am Thinking Of Doing A sticker Campaign
    In November And The Issues Will BE Posted As Is:
    (1)  Reinforce the Firefighters by Hiring What is required Under
    The Safer Grant;
    (2) Investigate Why The City Purchasing Agent can not find a Parts For Our PUblic Safety Equipment: (Fire Trucks, Police, Street Sweepers Etc.)
    (3) Make the City Council To Look At The Current Trash Bags
    ( Cheaper bags [Mintx], Making Sure that the Trash collector
    cleans up when a Bag Breaks ;[ not leaving trash in middle of street]
    Make every Council Meeting A Public Event and having Minutes
    Posted After Every Meeting;
    I Will Not Be A Rubber Stamp for anyone --will listen to what is being offered, than ask the residents what they think and Find
    Funds to Hire a Professional Grant Writer Reporting To the City
    Council On A Weekly Basis. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from anotherman. Show anotherman's posts

Driver54:

Your platform is so narrow, and you always focus on a couple of issues (firefighters, grants), I don't believe you have what it takes to be elected councilor either at-large or for ward 7.

And your insulting and taking shots at other posters on these boards (who happen to be residents and voters in Malden) do not help your cause at all. Your rants and writing on these boards project you as an unstable individual, unprofessional, boorish, rude, overbearing, unelectable, and not worthy of consideration for an elected public position.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from AnnieOMalden. Show AnnieOMalden's posts

newuser09: Now you sound like driver telling people what to do! I don't take orders from you either. Why don't you call her yourself?

driver: You had your chance to run and for whatever reason, chickened out. No one gives a rap what you do. I don't live in ward 7 and wouldn't vote for you even if I did. Get off my case and stop bothering me. Go chase yourself, ok? 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from newuser09. Show newuser09's posts

[QUOTE]I am not sure what you want here newuser09- I could get you dates, but if you don't even have a venue I am not sure what you would do with them.  I could just say anytime you schedule it he will be there?
    Posted by Educatedmaldonian[/QUOTE]

Your are right Educated:  Not sure what I was expecting!  I have not been a poster much so had higher expectations!

I think what I wanted is both the Christenson and the Fallon supporters would agree that October 13th is to far away and we need a debate to hear from the candidates point by point at the same time!

and that maybe we could have possed legitimate questions that could be answered during a series of debates!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from newuser09. Show newuser09's posts

AND Educated!  I do see and hear from lots of people loud and clear that Christenson will do any debate he is invited to!

So again Annie!  Can you say the same for Fallon???

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from AnnieOMalden. Show AnnieOMalden's posts

newuser09: I am not authorized to speak for Deb. Again, how about you do your own work and call her yourself?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

Driver needs to be in the debate. He is running. we got to be fair.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from newuser09. Show newuser09's posts

Have called just to figure out besides the Tuesday meetings (that I can not make- child care issues) is there another time to ask questions? (all i got was a list of fundraisers that I can not afford to attend) but answers NO.  Which is why I think an opportunity to hear both candidates in the same place on the same issues is important.  Have had a few conversations with Christenson and now I want to hear from Fallon!
    Why is this so hard????  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

It will be on TV. You do not have to pay to go into a fundraiser. Its just a donation. Unless you have to buy tickets.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from newuser09. Show newuser09's posts

[QUOTE]It will be on TV. You do not have to pay to go into a fundraiser. Its just a donation. Unless you have to buy tickets.
    Posted by Pats2012Champs[/QUOTE]

What I was referencing is that she apparently was having talks at her campaign headquarters but now that the council meetngs have started that is no longer an option.
    and for the fundraisers (know they are suggested) but come on I walk in NO donation and I will be heard? My questions will be answered? 

Pats--You know better than that!  Have a hard enough time getting answers now imagine coming to her "fundraiser" without the funds!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from AnnieOMalden. Show AnnieOMalden's posts

newuser09: I always felt that way as well. When you arrive at a fundraiser, if you wish to donate, there are people at a table that will gladly take your money. You can walk past them and no one thinks anything as many people send their donation prior to an event or who have donated the max or are invited by other people. Tell you what, there is an event at the Pasta Market, 245 Ferry St. at 6:30pm on Sept. 26 and you can go as my guest. It means more to Deb that someone would come and meet her and hear her speak and make up their mind whether or not you support her. Yes, really. As you can see by the amount of money she has raised she is not all about the money. This is not a contest about raising money, this is about bringing back Malden for the citizens, by the citizens. Please join us. DEB FALLON FOR MAYOR OF THE PEOPLE!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

Pats2012 ----

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

Pats2012 Sorry about Last Post---Phone Rang ----

Sections
Shortcuts