New Firefighters

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from buddykerr. Show buddykerr's posts

Re: New Firefighters

i recommended young wishoski for the position, because in my mind he qualified. coincidence? luck? no. he passed tests that others failed. it's hard for some naysayers to believe, but, once in awhile it's 'what you know' that counts. this makes seven on the force right now , that i've recommended . i'm batting a thousand. i'm a lifer too.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from monkey45. Show monkey45's posts

Gee my understanding that the women flunked the strength test. Did they get a second chance.  Funny I know one would not even be hired by her home town???  Ask how many are from Malden?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hawthorne3. Show hawthorne3's posts

what happened to the firefighter that were let go last year, why weren't they reinstated?  did i miss something ? 

How many are Malden residents?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from faulknerboy. Show faulknerboy's posts

It use to be a respectable job, now its like a circus over there, I happen to have some dealings with them because of a sick family member and i swear some of these guys look and act like clowns!  How did they ever pass that test, or the weight test, some of these guys look like they ate the fire truck. But I guess when you hire kids that didnt grow up in malden but have connections and clout, thats what happens. And whats wrong with the chief? There is a video of him on another site and i swear the guy had a nervous breakdown or something, and this head clown is in charge of these others?  it use to mean something when you were able to get one of those city jobs, now they hire people who got turned down by Sparks!! LOL  Where is Mr kinnon and his malden people for malden jobs?  hey buddy k. stop with the recomendations,  try recomending people for the dpw or the parking garages,your batting like a blind guy!Cool

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from monkey45. Show monkey45's posts

Just about all of the laidoff firefighters got jobs with other cities/towns - most with better pay and benefits.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hawthorne3. Show hawthorne3's posts

Are any of these new fire fighters from Malden?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from faulknerboy. Show faulknerboy's posts

hawthorne,  yesterday there was a bunch in the dd on eastern ave and i asked one fella about whether the new guys were from malden and says some, what does some mean? do you have to be a malden resident to get hired? didnt know they got coffee breaks? 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ward5. Show ward5's posts

Hey Faulkner, still sore they passed you over?, maybe buddykerr can recomend you for a job?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from anotherman. Show anotherman's posts

Hi all,

For your information, here's an article on Boston.com's Malden section that shows that some of the new firefighters have ties to the local fire department:

http://www.boston.com/yourtown/news/malden/2012/03/familiar_names_among_new_malde.html

It just goes without saying that it pays to have connections in life.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 200unPleasantSt. Show 200unPleasantSt's posts

anotherman,

Let's not forget the example set forth by Howard's city hall (jury's still out on Christenson's, keep em crossed that things up there get corrected) and City Councilor Neil Kinnon's Charter School.  Howard loaded up city hall with friends, acquaintances, and those he exchanged favors with.  He created positions for people, paid them generously for positions that in some cases they were not qualified to hold, and now they're in line to collect hefty pensions and benefits.  All this from a city that we're repeatedly told is strapped for cash.  Some of these folks could even be considered of questionable character (see Chris Simonelli and Charlie Toomajian).  Councilor Neil Kinnon's Charter School has used similar hiring practices.  How many Kinnons are on the payroll over there at the Charter School?  How did they obtain these positions?  Everyone's pal Neil of course.  Mr. Kinnon has hired some people with troubled pasts of their own.  It's difficult to practice law in the state of Massachusetts after you've been disbarred, correct Mystic Valley Regional Charter School Public Relations Director Martin Gately?

As for the Fire Department, each of these new hires were required to pass the state written exam, pass the state strength and agility test, impress during their interviews, in some cases be interviewed multiple times, and pass an extensive background check.  All this before being hired as a firefighter in Malden.  I doubt any of Howard's city hall "special" hires and Councilor Kinnon's Charter School "special" hires had a similar experience in their hiring processes.  So some of the names are familiar.  That does not matter in this case.  These new firefighters worked hard to get to where they are and they deserve to be there.  There is nothing wrong with a son who grows up and chooses to follow in his father's and/or grandfather's footsteps.  The proud fire service in this country is built on traditions like this.             

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GetActive. Show GetActive's posts

200unPleasantSt:
    Amen!! Couldn't have said it better.

Sections
Shortcuts