Odds in Ward 7

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkDontTrip. Show WalkDontTrip's posts

Odds in Ward 7

Anderson vs Driver 54?

I think Anderson will take 94%.

Driver if you win. I will donate 4000 dollars to a charity of your choice.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkDontTrip. Show WalkDontTrip's posts

Re: Odds in Ward 7

If you lose you do the same for me.

Deal?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

WalkDon'tTrip---I hope he takes 100% of the Vote;
    Still have not decided to run and again it might be a quiet campaign
    I have to listen to my Advisor that i hired today.  This Person is very
    well known the Political Arena and knows how to fight any negative
    problems and already has some counter points if my opponent has a
    negitive campaign. Let the campaign run on issues facing residents
    of Malden. Lets start off by having an open Debate with questions from the residents. Tell Councilor Anderson I meet him anywhere any
    time for a debate on Issues.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkDontTrip. Show WalkDontTrip's posts

Frank I am going to give you real advice.
    First off you can fight over grants, but you cannot let that be your foundation.
    Second, you cannot make it all about the bags. Last election, maybe you could have. But people are forgetting about the bags. Well a certain percentage are. To recycle is good. But it was passed in a dirty way. Maybe you can use that.
    Your main thing is grants. But because you are not a grant writer, and have limited knowledge in it, you would want to say...
    "I will do my best to work with the other councillors and find any money in grants to help this city during these hard times."
    You cannot come out and say "They are all dumb they do not know about grants only I do." Because the truth is, you do not know all about grants. A grant is more then a few pages you see and read online. Most the time in a few hundred pages. Grants online will only show you the good things.
    You have to make it look like you are willing to work with the other 10 to find fund. Do not attack them or you will end up like Fallon.
    Find a sound platform.
    Have proof of your education and programs you have been in the past.
    Do not make enemies with others in city hall.
    That's my advice for you. Don't take this as an attack. Read it close. I gave you a bit of help and some ideas. I'm no spring chicken when it comes to campaigns.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

WalkDon'tTrip---
    First---Thank You for the Advice and it was sound, I am
    not a grant writer and do not understand what they do or how they
    do what they do. But my point working with other politicians it seem
    they listen to the citizens and made them part of the conversation and decisions, which these City Councilors and the mayor do not do or hear what the citizens have to say.
    I promise to open up the Budget to every citizen showing how every
    dollar is spent in this city.
    Second It seemed that other cities have received millions of dollars because they have Grant Writers or have access to these type people which this city does not know how to do which cost this city
    in funding. ( Street and sidewalk repair, street sweeping signs, parking program that is cost efficient for it's citizens)
    Third--My next issue will be Public Safety--More Police and better
    equipment for them, Firefighters again settle the contract than push
    for the Safer grant and federal Funding for a new FireStation and
    modern equipment and put firefighters back to work immediately;
    Fourth--Work with Businesses for summer program for students,
    Fifth--Work with Chamber of Commerce to find money to hire a
    Public Relations Person to sell this city and bring big Business and
    Stores back into this city;
    Sixth---Make every Council Meeting and committee Minutes available
    to all citizens in our local media and on all types of Systems, Cable,
    Dish, Internet and printed media--publish every vote and how each
    Councilor voted.
    Seventh--Be available to Residents in Ward 7 every day and put out
    anything of importance that happens in the city and in the Ward
    in a daily/weekly newsletter;
    eight---Set up a committe with Councilors and citizens on a better
    way our Trash is collected.
    How that for a start of a Platform;

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from AnnieOMalden. Show AnnieOMalden's posts

Walk: Count me in that certain percentage who have not forgotten about the bags. I think about this stupid program every day, every time I am tossing something into the trash: which bin do I toss this item into? I think about it every week when we have to go look for a blue bag or have to decide how to get rid of something (like a sock with a hole in it?). This trash tax has put an unecessary burden on my life. I don't mind recycling and am a pro at it now but I think it is ridiculous and could be more of a money maker for the city if it had been properly set up. Your friends at the DPW and administration would love to think people don't care about it anymore. Believe me when I tell you, I am not alone. We stopped collecting signatures at 10,000ish and got many voters out on an off year without a Mayoral or Presidential election who still live here. We're still out there waiting to change from the same old network.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

AnnieOMalden---I gave a way to change the program also I made a Platform statement----Again Other Cities are looking into these mintx
    bags because what they are suppose to do when they are put out.
    Also the Price is Cheaper and there are 3 different sizes available,
    again why not put the petition back on the ballot still have time.
    Please tell me what you think of my Platform.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkDontTrip. Show WalkDontTrip's posts

Annie the fire to fight the trash bags is dimming out. I am against them and the only way you can start the fire up is if they raise the prices. I think the program stinks. You have a foot tall recycle bin and after every trash day the streets are a mess.

We need to get a program like they have in everett. Big barrels or nothing at all. No bags. No mintx bags. Nothing. 50 bucks a barrel and they need to be in good shape. If not go buy another. Stickers on barrels will not work. Closed barrels will.

But the 10,000 people will not count if they dont come out to the polls 2 years later. We won that fight. Everyone knows it. But the % of voters excuse is one we will not forget.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkDontTrip. Show WalkDontTrip's posts

Driver the Safer grant is good. But at times grants can hurt the city in the long run. Safer grant can help us, but in 3 years we will have to lay off people again.

The city has writers. Always have. But we need a full time one. Not a college student. They can help. But we need someone who is hired to seek this money.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

WalkDon'tTrip---Hpw the safer Grant explain at the end or close to the end of the 3 Years the city can reapply for it again, maybe i am
    wrong hope not, A Professional Wrier is needed and also a part time

one but it also needs a person out there selling the good points of the city it is called a Public Relations department. The MRA is not

the Department to do this Job or it does not have the professional

people to do such work. Finally to get this city fixed Grants can do

it, instead of bonding which increases taxes on all residents;

Certain Members and The mayor is bonding this city away putting it into debt it will be paying off for years to come.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkDontTrip. Show WalkDontTrip's posts

I have to agree with your view on bonding.

I cant agree with the Safer Grant view.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

WalkDontTrip---I talked to firefighters in other cities and say it is a
    Grant that works because it gives the city 3 years to help build the
    Fire department budget with it's help.
    I be at Wednesday Night meeting at Linden School, my advisir is
    going with me to pull my papers to run for Councilor. Can not wait to
    see some faces when I show up.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkDontTrip. Show WalkDontTrip's posts

Whats at linden school?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

walkDont Trip----First  pulling my papers tomorrow, Linden School is
    the last of the Parking sticker Meetings it is at 6:30PM
    Before you go read the Parking Proposal on the city web site;

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkDontTrip. Show WalkDontTrip's posts

I will see if i can get out of work early. You def going? Can you have copies of your platform? What you going to be wearing? I should have a Bruins shirt on if they win tonight. lol

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

WalkdontTrip---I will be at that meeting and also tomorrow nights
    meeting just to see the looks on people faces ----My Advisor thinks
    it a good idea ----If it is cool I be wearing a red sox jacket and a
    Redsox hat--looks new---I have a few copies of my Platform and
    copies of the Parking Sticker Program. Hope tosee you;

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

I am going to throw everyone under the bus Wednesday Night should
    be fun if they let me speak;

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkDontTrip. Show WalkDontTrip's posts

I will be at the meeting tonight. It is pretty nice out so I will be wearing a blue polo shirt and slacks. Try not to match what i am wearing lol.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

WalkdontTrip---I bring my packages with me---I be wearing my Red Sox jacket and hat with Glasses I should arrive a little early to put
    some on every table;
    I hope I can speak because the document on the city web page is an illegal document and has never been reviewed by the city Solicitor Office ---that is what I understand.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from fscib52. Show fscib52's posts

WOW, I can't believe what I am reading. Walk and drive buddies. I think I find it more amusing when you two are fighting, but I can tell both of you care greatly about this city. You too annie.
    I hate the bags, I hate the new parking permit laws, it seems like the regular tax payer has no voice in the direction of this city.
    I would absolutly vote for a guy like driver, or walk, and annie.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

Fscib52---you going tonight might be interesting to see who shows up and who doesn't;

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkDontTrip. Show WalkDontTrip's posts

I was at the meeting with my wife. Frank you sat up front but took off to see the game i guess. I could not get up and out fast enough to talk to you.

You did bring up valid points. 300 is alot!!! I think they need to change that to at least 100.

Times are off. They need to change that.

I think the program is great, but it might fail without enforcement.

I think the stickers are just a to catch people not paying the tax. So just keep it as that and do not sugar coat theother reason.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

WalkDontTrip----Sorry I left but the game was important, again if you want a copy of my platform please send me an e-mail at
    FrankArenella@gmail.com also I send you the cost analysis of the
    Parking Sticker program.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from LastMaldenite. Show LastMaldenite's posts

Anderson in a walk

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

LastMaldenite----Maybe but he voted for PAYT and voted for the
    Meals Tax all I ask of him lets have a debate in an open Forum and
    have the residents hear both of us and concerns that this city faces.

Have you seen my Platform bet he has ----oh sorry he on his Yacht

playing Captain -----when he should be fixing our sidewalks and streets in his ward.