One thing I would like to see the City of Malden do...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

Re: One thing I would like to see the City of Malden do...

vendetta----My uncle has proposed putting Crime Watch programs
     across the city ----he has the Information and how the federal
     Government backs these type programs.
     About rehab houses or half way houses what i understand the city
      License Board has to approve them via the City Council/Mayors
      Office---than talking to people in Boston they have guidelines and
      a building manager watching to see if any of the rule are broken.
     Again Like my uncle said before 10+ Police officers getting laid off
      the safety of the city lessens by that many times over.
     Again--the city of malden needs grassroot organizations to force
     program like Crime Watch and others to make malden a safe and
     clean city. Please respond.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from WardWatch. Show WardWatch's posts

More police would be great if the mayor had all the cops he is supposed to. Our taxes pay for these services and they are failing to provide them. They certainly have plenty of hack jobs for their friends and families though.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheVendetta. Show TheVendetta's posts

More dedicated cops are needed. Met one the other day (Wont say his name) and listening to his story really made me feel bad and angry at the same time. Seems like if your a malden cop your better off going into private security instead.

But I know SOME malden cops that should just leave. Most are good but in any Dept you have your bad apples.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

The vendetta---More cops are great but Crime Watch programs as
     just as helpful---Most Crime Watch Programs are funded mostly through grants and other federal Funds.
     If this City council and Mayor did their homework we would not of 
     had to layoff any Police Officers but some councilors rather take
     care of their yachts.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JIRKYRICK. Show JIRKYRICK's posts

as far as police visibility and drug users,   My house has been vandalized three times in the past year.  stole items out of my garage, took stuff out of my car, and nearly kicked in my front door in the middle of the day.  Ended up havng to replace the front door and locks because they where so close to breaking it down,

The police came and the response is all three times .. sorry, nothing they can do its drug addicts.. magine that, drug addicts can run free in this city and the police are powerless to do anything... thanks Mayor Howard...

Maybe police cars patrolling the neighborhoods might help.  I mean kicking in my front door in broad daylight with no fear of a police car driving by. 

I work in Waltham, I cant go more than five blocks without seeing a Waltham police car driving around.  Not parked, but driving around.  If I see a police car in Malden it is usually parked.  Hey Butch... do something about this as the new chief.

Mr Mayor, you threaten to layoff police, but how do the people that you hire in City Hall protect and serve me other than collect a paycheck through your stoopid blue bag program,.  All your hires need to be fired and you need to resign before one cop, fireman or teacher is layed off.

They should have a tv show for worst mayor in America, you would probably come in second, but thats only becuase the Mayor and city council in Bell California would beat you.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from scootcha. Show scootcha's posts

In Response to Re: One thing I would like to see the City of Malden do...:
    Maybe police cars patrolling the neighborhoods might help. 
    Posted by JIRKYRICK

Have you considered moving into the closed Super Fitness?  It is available and for some reason there is quit often a patrol car there instead of in the Square.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

JIRKYRICK&SCOOTCHA---It is time for the residents of Malden to ask for a City Wide Crime Watch Program ---Most times these programs

are funded with grants and Federal Monies ------

I put together a program in Medford where I live ---it is easy and

provides the police with information on drugs and vandelism.

We received it with the help of our Chief of Police and City Elected

officials. ( A GRANT)  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from YouDidMeWrong. Show YouDidMeWrong's posts

Hey Butch... do something about this as the new chief. Posted by JIRKYRICK

I think you got the wrong Chief. Butch Gennetti is the Police Commissioner,  James Holland is the Police Chief.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JIRKYRICK. Show JIRKYRICK's posts

Well good, then that means he has even more power to do something about it.  Malden's city officialls in charge.. fire them all and hire or vote someone can do the  job competently.   3 times in one year and there is nothing they can do about drug addicts trying to break into my home and stealing from my property.. yeh they get my vote of confidence. 

To paraphrase the three stooges,
    This job calls for putting this in competent hands

to which city hall replied
    I can do that, I'm Incompetent  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from YouDidMeWrong. Show YouDidMeWrong's posts

Well good, then that means he has even more power to do something about it.  Malden's city officialls in charge.. fire them all and hire or vote someone can do the  job competently.   3 times in one year and there is nothing they can do about drug addicts trying to break into my home and stealing from my property.. Posted by JIRKYRICK

I agree, it seems like the cops are afraid of the drug addicts and dealers. Maybe with good reason, I think they have bigger guns.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

youdidmewrong----Again if this Chief of police and City council want to  put more police back to work, Put a Crime Watch Progam in your
     City. It provides Federal Funds and Grants for the financing the 
     program----It puts signs on streets, teaches residents what to look
     for and how to report it, But agian it takes everybody working together, (Ie Mayor, chief of Police, City Councilors, residents working
     with each other) but someone has to push the start button in your
     City. It takes someone with leadership---Maybe BoB MILLER if
     he is willing to do the research and leg work.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhatDidISay. Show WhatDidISay's posts

3 times in one year and there is nothing they can do about drug addicts trying to break into my home and stealing from my property.. Posted by JIRKYRICK

I think it's time for someone to get a gun permit. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

WhatdidIsay---I really did not want to respond again----Medford,
     Somerville, and Everett has a Crime watch program and it works
     with federal funds.
      Someone from your city has to take the lead and make your city council and mayor and chief of police aware if these funds and how
     they improve the safety of the city and its citizens.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheVendetta. Show TheVendetta's posts

Malden seems to have a real lot of sex offenders running around. I really wonder if the city cares by letting the people that live around them know. A street away from a school, near a day care, close to a park...its scarey but the city will not say much about it because they have rights. But god forbit a child gets hurt and the media jumps on it,,,,its cover your butt time. The police should monitir and alert the people in the area. I have many kids on my street and a sex offender. It it makes me nervous to know this person could repeat at any time. But I shouldnt be watching the person. I should be watching my child. The police should be watching him.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

Does anyone know what Medford, Malden, Everett has to pay the
     Walk Family---it seems when they lost in Court they did not give
     a breakdown for each city. I ask my elected officials in Medford and
     have not heard a word back. It is 4.4 million to the Walk  Family and what was the legal fee does anyone on here know. Or are they appealing it again. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

I Know that the people in Medford have ask there elected officials but
     it is summer time and most are on vacation---I left messages in the
     Mayor's Office and will call again this week.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from prettypeanut. Show prettypeanut's posts

I have to agree with you all and could not have said any of it better.
    One thing for sure is the West End is experiencing a high rate of break ins over the past few months.  That means anyone getting off at Oak Grove or Malden center is likely to wonder into the Ward 3 area.  I'm not sure if Oak Grove is ward 3 but there have been recent day time break ins on Glenrock Ave and other surrounding streets.   Also teens knocking on doors asking for someone.  Be alert don't open your doors.
    Keep doors and windows locked when not home. It is sad to say but it is what it is  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from WardWatch. Show WardWatch's posts

Who is the ward 3 councilor? Did he vote to lay off firemen? Wasn't he a big union guy? Most only apply when he is in the union.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

wardwatch---go to www.cityof malden.org and go to government it give you the list of councilors. the only two who voted against this Budget was D.Fallon and G. Christenson. 
     this week your city has or will be unsafe in the next week with these
     Layoffs.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from YouDidMeWrong. Show YouDidMeWrong's posts

Who is the ward 3 councilor? Did he vote to lay off firemen? Wasn't he a big union guy? Most only apply when he is in the union.
    Posted by WardWatch

WardWatch, it's Paul DiPietro and yes he did vote for the budget.
    I don't know if he was a big union guy. He does make a lousy Council President though..LOL..

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

You did me wrong---100% correct about the Council president and
     you can add Neil Anderson and J. Nestor because they are puppets to the Mayor. 

Sections
Shortcuts