OWS

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gutclencher. Show Gutclencher's posts

OWS

The Insider Trading exemption for Congress is getting more airplay now.  Members of congress can't get to microphones fast enough to condemn the perk, that they get.
    Seems more like an election year reaction than anything Occupy Wall Street has done.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-500202_162-57325730/gillibrand-insider-trading-exemption-not-right/

Has OWS gotten any of their changes enacted yet or must we be patient for a certain amount of time?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

Re: OWS

GutClencher----Why worry about that what we should be worrying about is the Super - Committee not meeting it's deadline and the cuts that automatically takes affect. What will be cut and how it will
    affect the state and this city and it's residents is what I am worrying about. Lets be honest there is not one thing you or I can do about the stuff that happens on Wall Street and at Fannie Mae lets worry
    about 1.6 trillion dollars in cuts that happens if the super committee
    still has no agreement by next Wednesday />

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from fscib52. Show fscib52's posts

Yea Driver, why don't you bring them another case of water so the can leave their mark all over Boston. What were you thinking about?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

Fscib52----  Did you watch CNN and what is going on with the Protest in New York, LA, Portland ----Now the New Yorkers are on the way to the Subway Stations and than Brooklyn Bridge,
    these are everyday people looking for Jobs, losing their homes,
    etc and the elected officials in Washington are doing nothing to
    fix the problems.  Again no agreement in the Super_ committee
    with 7 days left for a  deal. As of 3Pm 175 people arrested in
    New York ---who pays for all the Police and Court personnel again Washington is acting it is not their Fault. Over 1000 Police in New york Today and another 400 in LA who pays these cost. Mark Gray from Occupy Wall Street just spoke on CNN -
    said group is heading over to 15 subway stations and than Brooklyn Bridge />

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GetActive. Show GetActive's posts

These are not everyday people looking for jobs, if they were looking for jobs they would not be living in a tent city without permits on public land.
    Driver, you want to know who pays for court and police personel? I do, you do, every working tax payer does! We all are paying for their two month long slumber party.
    Do not let them fool you into thinking there are no jobs out there, there are. I work with the unemployment office as a part of my job and I get emails EVERYDAY with lists of available positions and job fairs that happen just about every week somewhere in Massachusetts.
    I think the message of their crusade has most certainly gotten lost in their childish methods.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

GetActive---I knew who ends up paying the tab for the Police, Courts, cleaning up after them it the taxpayer. My Point is we elect
    people to help us out but they forget about the Seniors, Disable, Homeless they only listen to the Lobbyist in Washington.
    Like I said before On Monday the Super-Committee is suppose to send an agreement to the House and Senate but as of 5 Pm tonight
    they are not close to one----On November 23rd if no agreement is
    reached automatic cuts are put in place 650 Billion Dollars in Domestic Cuts and 650 Billion in Defense Cuts ----I worry what will
    be cut on the Domestic Side---Social Security Benefits,Medicare,
    Medicad, Food Stamp Programs, Educational Cuts, which affects
    alot of the residents in Malden.  I depend on my Social security and
    Medicare and worry what going to happen, I have always been out
    spoken and care for Malden and find ways to Improve it. Right now
    I have a major health Problem with Doctors from Mass General &
    Beth Isreal Hospital doing test on me.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from voteforme. Show voteforme's posts

Driver, is the world going to end again on Nov. 23d?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

Voteforme----No The world will not end but again people smarter than You and I cannot answer what is to be cut on Nov.

23rd,2011. I worry because I am a retired person who depends 
    on Social Security and Medicare. People on Social Security are giving retirees a 3 % Increase in January which gets eaten up
    by the Medicare Increases Next Year  now on Nov 23rd if no deal is agreed on what will the Automatic Cuts on the Domestic
    Side Be ---Not one Elected Official on the Committee will tell what is in those cuts just that 800 Billion dollars on Domestic
    side and 800 Billion on defense side everybody loses out.
    Maybe if you were retired and have medicare than maybe you
    will worry than too. As of today My Medical Bills since October
    18th are over 3000 dollars after medicare paid their share, this
    is money i do not have and still the doctors have not figured out
    why I keep Collapsing.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Maldenlady. Show Maldenlady's posts

Well, I think OWS has helped to bring public focus onto some of the policies of the major banks and the government that have really hurt the  middle class (or what was a  middle class).  A recent GAO report stated that execs' salaries have increased many times, while the people who worked hard at those businesses had very meager salary increases.  In some cases, no raises at all for several years.  That was certainly my situation.  My salary was frozen, but food, rent, etc continued to increase.  I'm not the only one in this situation; many are.  So, while I will agree that some of the methods can be questioned; and I wonder exactly what their specific message is, and what they'd like to do about the inequities, I admire the fact that they're calling attention to this. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

Gutclencher----Maybe Malden Citizens should start their own Protest and Tent City ---protest the Issues affecting this City than see how our city officials react. What I see the problems
    if a protest is started is the Number of Police Officiers, and where how would the city pay for the cost of protecting the
    protesters.  This could be a Fun Time in Malden!
    " It is just a Thought"  My Opinion it would maybe wake up our

elected officials!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

Gutclencher----Maybe Malden Citizens should start their own Protest and Tent City ---protest the Issues affecting this City than see how our city officials react. What I see the problems
    if a protest is started is the Number of Police Officiers, and where how would the city pay for the cost of protecting the
    protesters.  This could be a Fun Time in Malden!
    " It is just a Thought"  My Opinion it would maybe wake up our

elected officials!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

Gutclencher---- I went on the occupy bosotn face book asking for help to start a Occupy Malden Protest seems like 15 people
    like my Idea and are willing to help. I cannot wait for it to spread -------It was just a thought seems people are upset in
    Malden---some are even leaving their phone numbers. Tell your friends this might really happen I have no clue what to do
    next and how to organize it and where to have it. This is like a
    thought that was just a thought and would not have any traction  WOW   what did I start, Hope no Councilors hear about
    this or the Mayor --because it might be fun!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from anotherman. Show anotherman's posts

Driver54:

If you want to camp out in this bone-chilling cold weather, be my guest.

Just remember to clean up after you leave, 'cuz I don't want my hard-earned tax dollars to pay towards any cleanup costs by the DPW.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

anotherman & Gutclencher---- As of 11 AM I received over 300 E-mails from Malden Residents who want to be part of this, I started this as a Thought with no Idea it would take off like this.
    Most of the e-mails have left their phone numbers and e-mail
    addresses ----HeyAnotherman maybe Malden can do like Boston and clean up and patrol the Protest Site , we do have a right to protest and do sit-ins.
    Maybe we can protest the Blue Bags, Meal Tax, Water Bills, Open Meetings, stop Patronage Jobs, fixing our streets & fire hydrants, etc;
     Cleaning Up---Oops we do not have enough DPW workers to do that they spend their days playing Keno;
     Policing---Oops not enough Officers to do all that will be required for them to do;
    Maybe by Sunday night I have many more volunteers and people who want change. Better notify the Council and mayor
    might be a fun time!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

Gutclencher&Anotherman  as of 5:30 PM I have over 600 e-mails and many phone numbers of Malden Residents that want
    to see change and agree that a sit-in or major protest is needed to shake up this City Council. One person wants to protest at each City Councilor Home on different days and times --this is getting funny because all I had was a thought and people seem to like it. I really do not  know what to do and
    where to go with this thought because of my Health Problems.
    People want change and there is no one to lead the Charge or be  a voice for change in this city . What do I tell all these people and how do I explain what happened.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Maldengal. Show Maldengal's posts

Good God.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

MaldenGal---What is meant by Good God---It was only a thought that I had  now it has grown every hour what happens
    next is the question. Someone should be telling the Councilors what is happening and the number of people responding to the
    questions; It start as a Thought and a few questions!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

Thats a great team. Driver and Gut. lolol
    one who ran a crap campaign and another one who ran a crap campaign. You pick who is who.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

Pats2012 ---Must of got you to notice----I have not done anything
    but ask for volunteers on the issues ------Maybe we show up tuesday night ----be prepared is all i have to say:

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

Oh yeah I think Malden should call in the National guard to stop you!!!
    Your not allowed in City Hall. You know what I will leave work early just to see this. When does it start 6am? I am working from 10-8 because I got crazy hours, but I will come by for an hour. I will be wearing a Captain America outfit. Don't look at my junk. If you do not come with your crew I will laugh at you even more.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

Pats2012-----Can not activate National Guard ---seems like the Super-Committee could not agree on a deal and and our
    money has to be spent wisely.  Seems tonight might be fun or
    maybe not----only we the protestors know what is happening.
      Read the Other Post. I love you Pats2102Chumps for your real
    dumb post       love you driver

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

Eww, im not sharing a tent with you.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

I went on a special mission to get in deep to the Occupy movement. I will have more news for you soon.