Paint on streets?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheVendetta. Show TheVendetta's posts

Paint on streets?

Im starting to notice alot of paint on the streets (Man whole covers, sewers, ect.) Anyone know what work is going to be done? And when they will start. Most of all what it might be for?

Anything in your areas?

I do like the No Dumping on the storm drains. People do dump alot of crap thinking it goes to a place that stores alot of crap lol.

If the arrows are around the man hole cover to let us know a man hole is there, we have an issue lol.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CJs-Mommy. Show CJs-Mommy's posts

Re: Paint on streets?

I think they are getting ready to install fiberoptics near rt 60 and Salem street. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

CJs MoMMY----ask the DPW or Traffic Commission  or it could be
      Mass safe dig   just call they will tell you:

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CJs-Mommy. Show CJs-Mommy's posts

In Response to Re: Paint on streets?:
    CJs MoMMY----ask the DPW or Traffic Commission  or it could be   Mass safe dig   just call they will tell you:
    Posted by farenella

why would I call, I was just responding to what I THOUGHT the paint is, as that is what I have heard. 

seriously, so you really need to respond to every post someone makes.  (this is a statement, not a question...no response needed) 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

CJsMommy---- just trying to be helpful ----

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheVendetta. Show TheVendetta's posts

Cjsmommy. I been seeing it on side streets also. Didnt we have all the FO installed a few years ago?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CJs-Mommy. Show CJs-Mommy's posts

Vendetta,  I believe they are doing some more wiring for phone systems near the schools because they (the company not the city) asked the charter school if they wanted to upgrade as well since they would be going down salem street. 

btw..don't quote me 100% on this..this is something I overheard.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from YouDidMeWrong. Show YouDidMeWrong's posts

V, they did it on my street too, I asked what they were doing and they said they were cleaning the storm drains and televising it....Whatever that's for....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

Youdidmewrong-----what they do is send a camera down the drain and into the pipe to see if it is leaking or any possibe cracks in the
     pipes----that what the television is for.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheVendetta. Show TheVendetta's posts

Youdide me wrong. They put a camera in the sewer to make sure they have no cracks or if anything is blocking it. Most of all leaks. No one wants that stuff leaking into ones yard. lol smell is bad.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

Vendetta-----Call the Water and Sewer division and ask why they
       do it. When I lived on Oxford st in Somerville they did the same
       thing. Than when I work on St James Street in Boston the City
       of Boston did the same thing than replace all the piping along
       St. James St from in front of the Park Plaze Hotel to Darthmouth 
       Street. I worked at liberty mutual from 1990  to 1994 -------
       was laid off because they outsourced the maintenance jobs
       to outside contractors.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from firstshirt. Show firstshirt's posts

The markings are made after the storm water crew checks the manholes and they paint arrows to point the direction of the drain flow.It's a federal mandate which the city gets no money to pay for this added expense.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheVendetta. Show TheVendetta's posts

Ty First. Whats it really prove? What if it goes the direction they do not want it to go? Does Washington fund money to repair it? Or do we have to eat that bill? Pretty good they do not have to give us money after reading yesterday they spent 1 billion on themselves.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CJs-Mommy. Show CJs-Mommy's posts

Ty First. Whats it really prove? What if it goes the direction they do not want it to go? Does Washington fund money to repair it? Or do we have to eat that bill? Pretty good they do not have to give us money after reading yesterday they spent 1 billion on themselves.
    Posted by TheVendetta

maybe they are being proactive so they don't have the another major pipe burst similar to the one in Weston.  I would think that checking and making repairs would be more cost effective than having a major burst.  Think of it as preventative maintenance.  Laughing

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheVendetta. Show TheVendetta's posts

Yes thats is True CJs Mom. But What if they do find an issue. Does the Feds pay it because its a Fed Mandate to mark the areas? Or does the City pay for it?

Id hate to see a weston style break here. So many people would be effected. And so many other pipes are old and starting to be replaced.
    Did salem and Eastern Ave ever get its mains replaced?

Off Topic: Who drinks malden water? For the past year I have seen it get worse. Tint of brown. And its not just my house. Its many people I have spoke to in different areas and cities. I remember when it was safe to drink Tap water. Now it makes me sick to smell it. And we wash ourselves in it. Maybe the new pipes going in will help this. I hope lol.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from firstshirt. Show firstshirt's posts

[QUOTE]Yes thats is True CJs Mom. But What if they do find an issue. Does the Feds pay it because its a Fed Mandate to mark the areas? Or does the City pay for it? Id hate to see a weston style break here. So many people would be effected. And so many other pipes are old and starting to be replaced. Did salem and Eastern Ave ever get its mains replaced? Off Topic: Who drinks malden water? For the past year I have seen it get worse. Tint of brown. And its not just my house. Its many people I have spoke to in different areas and cities. I remember when it was safe to drink Tap water. Now it makes me sick to smell it. And we wash ourselves in it. Maybe the new pipes going in will help this. I hope lol.
    Posted by TheVendetta[/QUOTE]

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from firstshirt. Show firstshirt's posts

Its got nothing to do with drinking water.It's storm water from rain storms.The federal government mandates that storm drains are cleaned every year so that all the garbage that goe's in the drains doesn't pollute the Malden River and eventually Boston Harbor.Men have to be assigned to a stormwater crew which takes men off other jobs that they could be doing andthey have to document each and every drain and catch basin in the city.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheVendetta. Show TheVendetta's posts

Oh I know that isnt the drinking water. I just went off topic to talk about the drinking water.

Its sad it takes them off the city jobs. The city needs alot of work done.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

Vendetta  I hear you still or have a direct line to Councilor Neia
     Anderson----Your so far up his butt your feet do not touch the
     ground.---I know who you are and who you talk too;
     what a very little man you are!

Sections
Shortcuts