Parting Gifts?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MaldenPride. Show MaldenPride's posts

Parting Gifts?

I wonder what the lame duck mayor will try to sneak in for his "friends" before he leaves?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from WardWatch. Show WardWatch's posts

Re: Parting Gifts?

He has already given the gift that keeps on giving. No, not the jelly of the month club. He has given pensions that are meant for people who work their entire lives and pay into them. Not for what they have morphed into.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

id like the jelly

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

To All--- This Mayor tonight is having a Close Door meeting with the city council on a new Fire Station----What or Why is he doing this now and behind Closed Doors----Will the Citizens of Malden be informed or will we be hit with another Tax to pay for
    This Station---Why not wait till the New Mayor takes over it is
    only six weeks ---what parting gifts are he leaving us with:

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from greysquirrel. Show greysquirrel's posts

There is a rumor going around that Inspectional Services Director and ex-city councilor Simonelli hurt himself on the job and has been out of work. I wonder if he is looking for a disability pension from his friend before he leaves?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MaldenPride. Show MaldenPride's posts

I also heard JRM got a 20 year no-bid contract for trash collection!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

First of all   all Pensions have go through a process and if he has not
    applied before the new administration takes office ---he might have to reapply and start the process over again. Their are Rules and Regulations that apply to Pensions especially those for city workers and heads of departments.
    Next   the contract should be made public and on Tuesday we can ask the New Mayor on Tuesday at the Senior Center.
    But again lets see who will ask these questions?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from anotherman. Show anotherman's posts

Driver54:

It does not matter who poses the questions to the new mayor. The things that matter are whether or not Christenson will be forthcoming with answers and will shake things up in the mayor's office.

As time goes by, I will be watching and listening to what he does and says.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

anotherman---your right but when i lived in Someville when a new Mayor was elected  we listen and said  the Proof is in the pudding.
    He says he wants change lets see if it happens but we have to give him time. Most times things do change for the better but that was when times were good and the economy was bustling now it is a day to day thing.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from KaysieMae. Show KaysieMae's posts

Oh but if you recall he said that on Day 1 he would do this, and this, and this and this......let's see if it happens!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

KaysieMae-----Lets give a month to get his staff in place and see what changes are made accross the city government.

I know that i feel it also up to the City Council to approve of his

changes and which councilor(s) will step up and work with him.Again this a time of transition and lets see what happens in
    city hall and other departments.
    I feel the first things should be as follows;
    (1) Public Safety ---More Police Officiers on the streets not in cars---walking beats like other cities have;
    (1a) rebuild our fire department and sign a contract with it's union and the building of a new Fire Station;
    (1b) Making the Public Works Depart. more accessible to the citizens of the city; (Putting or hiring more workers)
    (2)  Reinventing the trash program ( no more blue bags) more
    trash trucks on pick-up days, trashmen cleaning or picking up when bags break or plastics falling out of the trucks not leaving it on the streets.
    Finally look into having the Council have more Ward meetings 
    ( Monthly) and having MATV go to a satalite system because more residents are on the Satalite system. this will let more citizens watch the Council Meetings.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from maldenaction. Show maldenaction's posts

Same circus, different clowns......

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4354603. Show user_4354603's posts

I heard that Christenson was going to reveal who JFK's *REAL* killer is!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

Howard cuts jobs in city hall to save money.

Gary has an Army of people in his office right now.

First mistake. I will be counting.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

Pats2012Champs-----First  Howard did not know how to use a computer which Gary has a knowledge of and uses it to communicate on it.
    Second---it is his only second day  lets give him a chance to put his people in place and see if things change.
    Third---do what i been doing walking the neighborhood and seeing what has to fixed, replaced, or removed and make this
    list available to him to see if his office and the councilors can get it done.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ward5. Show ward5's posts

I see stealing taxpayers money is still alive and well even under this new administration......unbelievable.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

Ward 5---I hope he does the right thing and bring in the Attorney General's Office or the Middlesex District Attorney Office instead of using the Malden Police, they have more resources available to them.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from anotherman. Show anotherman's posts

ward5:

You are mistaken, this incident of stealing taxpayers' money happened under Howard's watch, and is still an ongoing investigation. See the following MaldenPatch article for more information:

http://malden.patch.com/articles/officials-investigate-missing-city-funds

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ward5. Show ward5's posts

Another, Was Gary part of the Council? Then he along with the rest and Howard and his crack team, made up of at least one gangsta we know of....are all responsible!  They couldnt get someone to watch over the till  and a security system in place in the last two years? Here we are two years later and over $500,000 of taxpayer money has gone out the door, and thats just whaT we know of. I'll go out on a limb and say its been going on for years....... DISGUSTING!  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

Ward 5----You are right it is disgusting but again it started with Howard and he could of done it right by bringing in the Attorney
    General Office or the Middlesex District Attorney Office and have it look like it is being investigated with  the proper agencies who have  the proper tools to investigate how much is missing and where and when it disappeared. Christenson and the Council are also to blame because when were they notified
    and what they were told by the Mayor and have them bring in the right people to investigate it. Not wait till now and having it
    being discussed by the residents of this city.
    Mayor Christenson it is time to get a backbone and bring in the
    People who have to ability to Investigate it properly and with
    clean hands.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4354603. Show user_4354603's posts

This is what happens when only 10% of the city's population actually votes in the election.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JIRKYRICK. Show JIRKYRICK's posts

hehehe  Howard does not know how to use a computer...  Winchester has a new City Manager that does not know how to use a computer..know thats a guy with real modern day skills,  No wonder why Malden Sqaure is in the shape it is in... we had a mayor stuck in the 80's.  Howard still thinks Atari pong is a excitng new breakthrough