Pros and Cons on Fallon and Christenson

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

Pros and Cons on Fallon and Christenson

RULES:

1) We want facts!!! If you can post links to the facts.
    2) No "Drivering" meaning stay on topic.
    3) Be kind. We all want our choice to win.
    4) First one to get out of hand becomes the new weathervane.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

Re: Pros and Cons on Fallon and Christenson

Anyone want to start off?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hellgirl. Show hellgirl's posts

I'll bite.

Christenson Pros:
    + Timely response to questions asked via e-mail.
    - Respone was totally canned.

+ Experience in politics.
    - More of the same that put Malden where it is in the first place.

+ Active campaign.
    - Supporters distributing information gave my husband an attitude when he politely declined to take the information after they rang our bell one day. He's so not active in local politics he was totally confused by who this guy was and why their people were affronted.

Fallon:
    + Although the family name is not new to Malden politics, she really is.
    - Complete lack of experience or tangible achievments as councilor-at-large for the last year.

I dunno. That's all I got. Right now, each has enough negative in my opinion to nullify any positive aspects, so...it's a lose/lose draw as I see it.

I'm doing a write-in for Calvin and Hobbes. Again.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

HellGirl ---Your right on--but both candidates still have not taken a
    stand on any Major Issues First and Foremost is Why hasn't either
    candidate been discussing the Safer Grant and when will they hire the Laid-Off firefighters. Second--The new fire Station who will pay for it where will it be located and when will the Public be involved?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

Driver, You do not understand politics. Things get stalled for a reason. And remember the nature of election time. After the break, MATV will be hot on meeting night. People are going to start acting different and an agreement will be make at the 12th hour. This happens everywhere no matter what city or what level of government. The SAFER grant is a big deal. And we will have a struggle on who will get credit for it. Not just in the mayors race, but races below it. It is up to the people to decide who was the honest one and who was not, or if it matters. This election Public Safety is #1. Who ever wins that battle, will win a major amount of votes.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

Pats2012---I understand Politics--when in a Mayoral or Alderman Race you make a point anytime you can, To me look at everett the
    Mayor's race is heating up and people are talking about it in the coffee shops and on the buses. But in Malden seems like the candidates are afraid to speak out about Public Safety, how to improve it and what their Plans are for the City.
    Finally--If Public Safety  is #1 than where are the discussions about hiring more Police Officers or Community Policing, Officiers walking beats; Lets agree to disagree It seems that this Mayor is not protecting the Citizens of Malden but protecting an indicted fellon
    in his office.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GetActive. Show GetActive's posts

In Response to Re: Pros and Cons on Fallon and Christenson:
    [QUOTE]Pats2012---I understand Politics--when in a Mayoral or Alderman Race you make a point anytime you can, To me look at everett the Mayor's race is heating up and people are talking about it in the coffee shops and on the buses. But in Malden seems like the candidates are afraid to speak out about Public Safety, how to improve it and what their Plans are for the City. Finally--If Public Safety  is #1 than where are the discussions about hiring more Police Officers or Community Policing, Officiers walking beats; Lets agree to disagree It seems that this Mayor is not protecting the Citizens of Malden but protecting an indicted fellon in his office.
    Posted by Driver54[/QUOTE]

Driver, how can you be so woefully uninformed about what goes on in this city? Please do me a favor and visit the Platform page of Gary's website then come back and stop telling misinformation about how no one's speaking out on issues  or public safety. Gary has an entire platform that addresses those and other issues as well.
    ChristensonForMayor(dot)com

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

GetActive;;;I know Gary has a platform but it is the other Councilors who are not speaking out, Not one Mayoral candidate
    has come out in the Media about the hiring of new Furefighters and what the Mayor is Saying. How I Understand the reason the Mayor does not want to hire them back is because they might have to be Laid -off in two years. This where Gary or Deborah should take him to task, In January we have a New Mayor and he/she should be worrying about the Firefighters on their watch.
    But nothing is being mention in the Newspapers by anyone Councilor either ---Sorry they are on Break what a poor excuse;
    Have you Notice that Presidential candidates are not sitting back and waiting for an election they are calling out each other that what needs to happen in Malden. Their election is over a year away.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

Driver. First of all Washington is a different kind of government then what Malden has. Do you realize that?

The City Council is on a break. It is not an excuse. Come September I am sure all these issues will be brought up in meetings and (IF) debates.

Right now (Not sure if you know) but Malden has a Mayor named Richard Howard. He is the one who calls the shots on the budget. The council already (I think) voted on the budget. This is not the time for anyone "to take him to task".

I am quite sure everyone has plans and will talk about these issues. Stop acting like this you are the only one that has information or knows what he is talking about. I can tell you are very bored because of the break.

The ZipTrip is Friday. You should go and jump on the news and complain. So everyone in New England can laugh and point at you.

Do something. Get a dog. Go for a walk. Talk to someone. Your a lost old man that thinks he knows everything. When in reality you know nothing.

I do not want to hear about cambridge or somerville. Or Chap 90. Or a boat. You are chasing pipe dreams. You do not think the city knows about these funds? I am sure the grant writers we have know alot more then you do. So cut your stupid rants, cut out your fake stories, and please do us a huge favor and shut up.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

Yeah But I am having alot of fun and keeps me busy------
      I have received some of the Information requested and it seems
    there are questiions on certain things that i brought to light.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

another great road is RTE66   did that one a few times;

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

Another great road is Rte 1 some nice strip clubs were once on it.( Golden Banana was the best)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

What the heck are you talking about???

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from malden2010. Show malden2010's posts

Pats -- glad I'm not the only one thinking that -- my head is spinning!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from medavem. Show medavem's posts

Pats 2012 you seem to be negative about everything one says. You must have been livin up the Mayors Dark Hole for too long. C'mon out and get some air chill out. The city needs a good enema starting with there ignorant employees.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

ya your right im sorry. smh

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LastMaldenite. Show LastMaldenite's posts

Christenson in a walk is my prediction.  It was anyones to win but he is the only one working.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hellgirl. Show hellgirl's posts

Last: You got that right. I've only seen one Fallon sticker compared to the hundreds (it seems) of Christenon ones - and tons of signs, plus a wicked visible campaign HQ. I apparently run by Fallon's HQ and never even realized it was there until someone posted it's location on another thread here!

His people even came by the house and I've gotten stuff in the mail too. So...yeah. When you're the only one actively campaigning, you're definitely going to walk away with the prize.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

I seen a lot of Fallon stickers, but I seen a huge amount of Christenson stickers. I mean millions.

Christenson has had this planned for some time. His group is good. Fallon might come out full force in Sept. Its like a sleeping giant. You never know.

But I think Gary will walk with the win. And not because I am his minion, or up his hole like MED would say. I just think he is more popular and out in the street more. Malden likes him better.

Sections
Shortcuts