Question for Fallon and Christeson, what are you going to do to fix downtown and crime

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mfd237. Show mfd237's posts

Re: Question for Fallon and Christeson, what are you going to do to fix downtown and crime

Rick I agree and I might add a question to both their campaigns what is their plan to deal with the Maplewood/East Side Fire Station issue??

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JIRKYRICK. Show JIRKYRICK's posts

Re: Question for Fallon and Christeson, what are you going to do to fix downtown and crime

sorry, I typed Christenson's name wrong, but the question still goes out to his campaign

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

First---to both candidates how about more police and firemen on the
    Job, modernize their equipment, more foot patrols, officers on bikes,
    changing the Malden redevelopment Authority putting qualified people in there to find and attract better businesses. this might be
    a starting point than get the businesses involved in the decisions about the center have an open and transparent government.
    Bring in new faces to government stop the "Good old boy network"
    Maybe even bring in co-op students from different colleges to help
    change how things are done maybe they would have better ideas.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JIRKYRICK. Show JIRKYRICK's posts

geez, guess the campaigners from the other discsussions have nothing, no plan, nadda,

and they want my vote, yeh right

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CuriousMaldonian. Show CuriousMaldonian's posts

Jirkyrick, I emailed someone from the Christenson campaign and many of these questions will be laid out in Christenson's platform.

I am sorry I didn't get details, but I didn't actually think they were going to announce his vision for what Christenson will do as Mayor of Malden on a discussion board for Jirkyrick (no offense). It will be announced soon in late Spring. Christenson is a very thoughtful and well researched kind of guy so I believe you will get all your answers from him with the big question answered.....HOW will he do it. He also spoke to all the business owners and hundreds of residents in Malden to get their vision for Malden. As always, he will take what's best for the city and the residents into account. 

I really like your questions and I hope you will pose more for the candidates throughout the rest of the year because this is clearly where you will see the differences between the two current contenders. This is where experience will come in ....you will see who has it and who doesn't.

So all I can say is stay tuned...

Christenson for Mayor!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JIRKYRICK. Show JIRKYRICK's posts

well its a response, but no answers.  Anybody from the Fallon camp going to respond?

I don't know why a discussion board for the City of Malden is not a good place to answer questions.

I live in Gary's ward.  Spoke to hundreds of residents in Malden? Did not speak to me and I live in his ward. Way to much crime in this ward, if he can't do anything in the ward he lives, how is he going to address it city wide?

I am not supporting either candidate yet, just looking for a someone to give me a reason to and so far, none

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from activemaldonian. Show activemaldonian's posts

I know it's hard, but sit tight for a bit. A plan has been in the works, kinks being ironed out and presentations tightened.  I really wish I could post them here and now but there is a plan and it's coming soon!  Why not come to one of our coffee hours or events where you can ask him all your questions?  Contact our website and someone will get back to you with dates- he would appreciate the opportunity to answer you.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from activemaldonian. Show activemaldonian's posts

You can always call Gary with questions- especially if you live in his ward.  He has an email chain of hundreds of people - ask to be put on it so you can come to events.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JIRKYRICK. Show JIRKYRICK's posts

will do active, thanks for at least repsonding.  Fallon camp anyone?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from laurie19. Show laurie19's posts

Another question to build on yours is: what happened to the downtown revitalization project that was in place for over 10 years now?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CuriousMaldonian. Show CuriousMaldonian's posts

Jirkyrick, I do think this is a good place to answer questions but his  platform is being tweaked and I think it would make sense for Mr. Christenson to present it out of his own mouth. Not from me ..a volunteer with a screen name.

christensonformayor.com has a contact spot on it. Mr. Christenson does a great job getting back to everyone if you are interested. 

Mr. Christenson has talked to hundreds but as you know there are thousands and thousands more residents to go. Winter isn't exactly a good time to door knock so it will happen soon.

Also, he has an email update every month. If you contact him leave your email and tell him to add you to the monthly email list. That will tell you events, what the council is voting on, and anything he can think of that you may need or want to know as a resident. It might help you make your decision in November.

Christenson for Mayor!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CuriousMaldonian. Show CuriousMaldonian's posts

Jirkyrick....

I also wanted to make a point about Ward 1 and crime. As a Ward 1 Councillor, Christenson has worked with residents and police dealing with several different issues within the ward. Over the last five years Christenson has been instrumental in 7 drug busts by coordinating with police and residents.

In Ward 1, a majority of the criminal incidents are at Charles St. Stop and Shop - shoplifting. I am not sure what he can do about that because they have a police detail already.

Christenson has also voted against quite a few of the budgets which has really been his only avenue on the decision making. Once Mayor he will be negotiating with the police union on contracts and dealing with the Chief of Police regarding the current crime.

Residential parking stickers which he has been apart of is one way to get more money to the police. Money would be needed to increase the number of police on the streets which would make a difference.

They have done biking and foot patrols in the past. I would love to see that again especially in our parks. 

I hope that information helps.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from WardWatch. Show WardWatch's posts

Why are all the other cities hiring cops and not Malden. Malden should be hiring more than ten cops based upon what the budget is. Why isn't Malden taking the SAFE grant for the fire department?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JIRKYRICK. Show JIRKYRICK's posts

Well there are drug deals right in front of my house on almost a daily basis. Cars pull up and park outside and just wait for delivery. I already live on a street where stickers are required.  Does not seem to do much.

We need more cops

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from activemaldonian. Show activemaldonian's posts

Since the Police came to an agreement with the city, all of the police that were laid off are being re-hired!  Thank goodness- this is a good start.  We have also purchased 25 new state of the art cameras which are being installed as we speak all around Malden.  Are they as good as officers- no, but the grants from the federal government are only to be used for new technology and upgrades.  Unfortunately, the government has NO ($0) grants for adding additional police officers.  If you are being told differently, they are sadly mistaken.
    I applaud the Police Department for working hard to help our city and after coming to an agreement, they can move forward on ways to protect our citizens and not waste any more time on negotiations.  I know our police are happy to be back doing what they signed up for.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from activemaldonian. Show activemaldonian's posts

@Laurie 19- next week there is a meeting at city hall regarding the downtown revitalization.  Agreed- it has taken way too long, but I believe some movement is coming.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from activemaldonian. Show activemaldonian's posts

Re: Question for Fallon and Christenson, what are you going to do to fix downtown and crime

In response to wardwatch about the SAFE Grant- This was in the Boston Globe.  I hope it answers some questions for you- I am about to read it also.
    http://www.boston.com/yourtown/news/malden/2011/04/_normal_0_false_false.html

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccd1963. Show ccd1963's posts

I have a question for Gary Christenson.
     When is he going to come forward and reveal the questions about his involvement with the  Sheriff DiPaola investigation being conducted by AG Coakley?

Will he hide behind the statement "The investigation is ongoing and I can't discuss it"

Coakley is part of the Democratic machine that will drag this investigation out till after the election. Come clean Gary before the election so the people will know.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from WardWatch. Show WardWatch's posts

Thanks Maldonian. Also I don't believe all the laid off cops are being hired back. I do know what was laid off still leaves the cops with less people than they are supposed to have. The fire department is going to have to hire new people when they re hire because most of those laid off firemen were hired by cities and towns that take care of their public safety people.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkDontTrip. Show WalkDontTrip's posts

In Response to Re: Question for Fallon and Christeson, what are you going to do to fix downtown and crime:
    [QUOTE]I have a question for Gary Christenson.  When is he going to come forward and reveal the questions about his involvement with the  Sheriff DiPaola investigation being conducted by AG Coakley? Will he hide behind the statement "The investigation is ongoing and I can't discuss it" Coakley is part of the Democratic machine that will drag this investigation out till after the election. Come clean Gary before the election so the people will know.
    Posted by ccd1963[/QUOTE]

Do you know if an investigation is ongoing they can't discuss it? If he was to talk about it, he could get introuble. Where did you hear GC was involved in anything?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

ccd1963---If you want to find out what and who is being investigated why not start in the Mayor's office and than ask the
    Councilor with ties to the Charter School, after that ask the Water
    Departmrnt these people are being investigated by the AG's Office and U.S Attorney Office also ask Charlie T the Mayor Assistant about
    his charges and new ones coming next week and he is still working.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from activemaldonian. Show activemaldonian's posts

Chief Holland said the department would be back to where they started in regards to numbers.   He also thanked the city for working together to find a compromise that worked for both parties.  I heard he already hired back most and was waiting to hear from 2 others who found work in Cambridge and another neighboring city. 
    Hopefully they will come back so training won't have to be as long. Maybe the Fire Department will do the same.

I will double check this info to be sure.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from activemaldonian. Show activemaldonian's posts

In Response to Re: Question for Fallon and Christeson, what are you going to do to fix downtown and crime:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Question for Fallon and Christeson, what are you going to do to fix downtown and crime :   Do you know if an investigation is ongoing they can't discuss it? If he was to talk about it, he could get introuble. Where did you hear GC was involved in anything?
    Posted by WalkDontTrip[/QUOTE]

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from activemaldonian. Show activemaldonian's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Question for Fallon and Christenson, what are you going to do to fix downtown and crime :   Do you know if an investigation is ongoing they can't discuss it? If he was to talk about it, he could get introuble. Where did you hear GC was involved in anything?
    Posted by WalkDontTrip[/QUOTE]
    The reason why you haven't heard if Gary Christenson was involved is because it is pure nonsense.  It is made up by the opposition to try to come up with anything they can since there is nothing negative to use against him.  What they use are rumors, opinions based on lies, and ridiculous accusations such as "old boys network" When you have nothing real and no facts, you get desperate and resort to nonsense.
    The investigation had to do with appropriate use of CAMPAIGN funds  which Gary has nothing to do with.  Two people from the sheriffs department have already been charged/fined for being the ones who were guilty of inappropriate campaigning.
    Gary does a fantastic job managing a large budget for the Middlesex Sheriff's Department NOT a campaign committee.  He has NOTHING to do with the investigation which is why he shouldn't be commenting.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from activemaldonian. Show activemaldonian's posts

[QUOTE]I have a question for Gary Christenson.  When is he going to come forward and reveal the questions about his involvement with the  Sheriff DiPaola investigation being conducted by AG Coakley? Will he hide behind the statement "The investigation is ongoing and I can't discuss it" Coakley is part of the Democratic machine that will drag this investigation out till after the election. Come clean Gary before the election so the people will know.
    Posted by ccd1963[/QUOTE]
    The reason why you haven't heard if Gary Christenson was involved is because it is pure nonsense.  It is made up by the opposition to try to come up with anything they can since there is nothing negative to use against him.  What they use are rumors, opinions based on lies, and ridiculous accusations such as "old boys network" When you have nothing real and no facts, you get desperate and resort to nonsense.
    The investigation had to do with appropriate use of CAMPAIGN funds  which Gary has nothing to do with.  Two people from the sheriffs department have already been charged/fined for being the ones who were guilty of inappropriate campaigning.
    Gary does a fantastic job managing a large budget for the Middlesex Sheriff's Department NOT a campaign committee.  He has NOTHING to do with the investigation which is why he shouldn't be commenting.

Sections
Shortcuts