Recycle Bin Keeps Missing

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LolatheOldMaid. Show LolatheOldMaid's posts

Recycle Bin Keeps Missing

Note:  This post expresses my frustration, and it doesn't offer you any insights.  You may not want to read on.

Am I the only one whose recycle bin keeps missing?  I don't want to exaggerate the problem.  I lost two bins in the past two months.  My street is not very busy, and there are only a few houses (singled- or doubled- family) across and next to me. 

There is no identifier on the first one.  Okay, maybe one of my neighbors took it in by mistake.  So, I put my address on the second one.  It's gone after one trash day.  It's sad...  I would like to think of the best in people, but it has been disappointing.  I only want to have one recycle bin.  Is it too much to ask? 

I welcome any suggestions to prevent missing recycle bin (other than waiting for the recycle truck to come in front of my house).

Thanks for reading.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LolatheOldMaid. Show LolatheOldMaid's posts

Re: Recycle Bin Keeps Missing

My recycle bin was brought back today.  It was sitting at my front door when I got home.  I never thought that I would be so happy to see a recycle bin!  :-)

There are good people out there.  I will say a prayer for that person. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from danc. Show danc's posts

Re: Recycle Bin Keeps Missing

I find that our bins get tossed around the neighborhood by the wind.  Between ourselves and our two tenants, we have a bunch of bins and its hard to keep track of which is who's.  I returned one to my neighbor last week (after you posted Lol, so that wasn't me) after noticing a faded address written on it and still have a spare from someone's that ended up unclaimed in front of my house one week.