Retired City Employee Pay Raises

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from firstshirt. Show firstshirt's posts

Re: Retired City Employee Pay Raises

The raise is not from 12,000 to 13,000 dollars.You get a percentage raise on the first 13,000 dollars that you make on your pension.If you make say 30,000 you only get a percentage on the first 13,000 dollars.The money to pay this percentage comes out of profits made from the stock and bonds market that the pension fund is invested in.None of it comes from the city budget.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from fiveof5. Show fiveof5's posts

We laid of police and fire - no one in City Hall lost their jobs.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from medavem. Show medavem's posts

They should Cut City hall by 50% you dont need as many as before with the age of computers then add police n fire..simple arithmatic, One computer equals minus 5 employees.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from monkey45. Show monkey45's posts

Maybe cityhall workers should work a full day on Friday.  What a concept.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from monkey45. Show monkey45's posts

Do they have computers yet!!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 200unPleasantSt. Show 200unPleasantSt's posts

Cut City Hall!!  The building needs to be gone through with a fine toothed comb.  Every other city department suffers losses, cuts, or has positions dissolved, yet City Hall continues to plug along with its loads just occupying space, collecting checks, and filling made up irrelevant positions.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from laurie19. Show laurie19's posts

In Response to Re: Retired City Employee Pay Raises:
    [QUOTE]Maybe cityhall workers should work a full day on Friday.  What a concept.
    Posted by monkey45[/QUOTE]

Show mw one person that actually works a full day any given day...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from firstshirt. Show firstshirt's posts

Just recived my July check in the mail.Whow,a whole $25 a month increase.Health insurance went up,co-payments went up,prescriptions went up and higher taxes so instead of being behind by $125 I'm only behind a hundred every month.Not easy being a millionare,NOT.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVInsider. Show MVInsider's posts

Ward 6 Councilor made the motion? Yeah, that would be him working on getting all the elderly voters in his ward (you know, that building where he gave out scratch tickets last time). The elderly have it tough enough living on their limited income so while it is good for them, I hope they (the elderly) didin't sell their vote for this.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LastMaldenite. Show LastMaldenite's posts

MVinsider now you have a problem with us Seniors who are on a pension getting a cost of living increase?  The Council gave those who were on fixed income for a long time a small increase that the Retirement Board recommended.  You are special and that's the best way I can put it.  Someday you will know every little bit counts.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

Im glad they got it. Many people need it. Good Job!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LastMaldenite. Show LastMaldenite's posts

Me too.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVInsider. Show MVInsider's posts

LastMaldenite -
    Obviously you DIDN'T read my post in its entirety as it said "The elderly have it tough enough living on their limited income so while it is good for them, I hope they (the elderly) didin't sell their vote for this."

Just FYI, I think the elderly get the short end of the stick between Social Security and the whole Medicaire/Medicaid nightmare (especially retired teachers who have limitations placed on them that I still don't quite understand but is very real). I would NEVER begrudge struggling elderly getting additional assistance.
    I think you are the special one (or at least think you and your family are) and that the same rules don't apply to you....

In Response to Re: Retired City Employee Pay Raises:
    [QUOTE]MVinsider now you have a problem with us Seniors who are on a pension getting a cost of living increase?  The Council gave those who were on fixed income for a long time a small increase that the Retirement Board recommended.  You are special and that's the best way I can put it.  Someday you will know every little bit counts.
    Posted by LastMaldenite[/QUOTE]

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LastMaldenite. Show LastMaldenite's posts

MVinsider you don't even live here so beat it.  Yea we get less than ten a week and I know what you said.  Dont try double talking wiht me now.  You are a spoiled kid who needs to move on with there life.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVInsider. Show MVInsider's posts

LastMaldenite -
    What a thought provoking, insightful, well written response....

I suggest you read my original reply as I copied and pasted my response.

Oh, and just FYI, you should have used 'their' when telling me to move on with my life.....my senior citizen friend~ guess the nuns didn't teach you the difference in their/there/they're....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVInsider. Show MVInsider's posts

I know, I'm just a mean, nasty, idiotic spoiled kid!

And to think I was sticking UP for the elderly!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVInsider. Show MVInsider's posts

Well, on the upside, I guess I'm not an idiot and still just a kid. Does that mean they'll card me the next time I try to buy my wine?

Now you on the other hand.....how did you describe yourself in past responses - the good looking one? We'll leave out any discussion regarding your intelligence for the sanity of all.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVInsider. Show MVInsider's posts

Well, I wasn't invited to Costa Rica nor was I invited to Nantucket a few weeks ago....so I'm only good enough to visit you here in good ol Malden? Red or white?