revisiting PAYT

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

revisiting PAYT

TO ALL; Councilor Anderson had an article in the Malden Evening News which I thought was right on, the Blue Recycle Bins are too small for the recyciable materials, he came up with two ideas that were right on but again he did not talk about the cost of the bags and why the Company that does the
    city seems to have not enough trucks doing the city.
     What the city has to do find a way to lower the cost of the bags and improve the time for trash to be picked up. [example bags picked up early recycle goods later in the day, Could the vendor have the both trucks doing it at same time or close together --also have the men working on trucks pick up material that falls to side or out of the bins making the streets cleaner.
    I feel the city could look into a Cheaper Bag (Like Revere did)
    it is called MINTX saving the citizens alot of unnecessary expenses every week.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from anotherman. Show anotherman's posts

Re: revisiting PAYT

Driver54:

Mayor Christenson is organizing a live chat online this Friday at 10AM, so maybe you can bring your suggestions to him on that forum. Here's the link that talks about this event at Malden Patch:

http://malden.patch.com/articles/christenson-to-hold-live-chat-with-constituents-friday

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from fiveof5. Show fiveof5's posts

The quality of the bags is terrible they are paper thin and tear as soon as put anything in them. Here's an idea - stop with the double tax we already pay for our trash to be removed. I will continue to recycle but paying for the bags has to stop

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from laurie19. Show laurie19's posts

Yes lets revisit the PAYT program and kill it. It was a bad idea from the beginning. The bags as well as the cost of them suck,and there is no accountability of where the revenue generated from these bags went to....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from fscib52. Show fscib52's posts

i'm on board. lets go bobby m, we might have something here.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from AnnieOMalden. Show AnnieOMalden's posts

Gary was opposed to the bags yet has been very quiet since being elected on this topic. Didn't he mention he was willing to give us one free barrel? Just wondering when he will deliver on this.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JIRKYRICK. Show JIRKYRICK's posts

That's why blue makes me sad

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from fscib52. Show fscib52's posts

How did the live chat go? Was PAYT brought up?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from anotherman. Show anotherman's posts

fscib52:

The Mayor conducted the live chat on Malden Patch website, and one person did ask about ending PAYT, and Christenson responded to that. Here's copy of that transcript:

Comment From jerry colella:
    When will you be ending pay as you throw?

Mayor Gary Christenson: Short term, looking to offer an even smaller eight-gallon bag for 50 cents and to offer the bags to be sold in five packs. Long term, we're meeting with vendors on whether we can eliminate the bags and improve the program.

You can also see the replay of the live chat directly on Malden Patch's website at this link:

http://malden.patch.com/articles/christenson-to-hold-live-chat-with-constituents-friday

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mad dog. Show mad dog's posts

What would the city do if everybody stopped using the blue city bags and went back to using the green hefty trash bags.As long as everyone continues to recycle I dont see what the problem is.
    Laughing

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from fiveof5. Show fiveof5's posts

Mad Dog - I think that is a great idea, everyone just stop using the bags and just continue to recycle! We all know they pick trash up that isnt in the bags, they pick and chose as it is.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikexcore. Show mikexcore's posts

Mad Dog is on to something here,organize a protest agains the bags. I'm in for going back to the old bags. What is the city going to do? fine us or let the bags pile up? I would have no problem bringing my trash down to city hall.

Sections
Shortcuts