Rodrick Running in Ward 8

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

Rodrick Running in Ward 8

One of DF's friends who took out election papers the same day he reg. to vote here in Malden. He is going against Bucci who is running a quiet campaign against a man who is running a silent one. He is learning from DF.

Just moving here, he feels he can run and put up a fight. He is wrong. He has done nothing.

See DF and the people she is asking to run feel they can win just off of the dislike for Malden politics. It will work for some voters, but the majority,,,,nope it will not happen.

Malden wants people who have lived here that know of the issues. Ones that have credibility that can take seats and make a change. Not people who are in it just to play games.

Malden wants Malden people!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from maldenblueskies. Show maldenblueskies's posts

Re: Rodrick Running in Ward 8

Maybe you haven't noticed most "Malden people" weren't born here and those who were have moved out. Love those posts Pats but it's time for fresh blood. Too much inbreeding of politics and the same old same old.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

yes its great to have people that do not know crap about the city to come in and run. Really will fix the issues. This is not a high school. It is a city.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from maldenblueskies. Show maldenblueskies's posts

Didn't Roderick grow up here?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

Yes didn't he move for 15-20 years? Yup

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from maldenblueskies. Show maldenblueskies's posts

Don't know about that but he CHOSE to move back. How many people employed by this city chose to move OUT as soon as they could? Your friend, the Mayor, is heading out of here as soon as possible. He needs to have his guy in place so he can reap all the seeds he has sown over the past 16 years.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

He can move out after his bid is up.

Do you know how many times GC voted against Howard on budgets?

Not voted against it on TV then voted or it behind closed doors like someone else.

The Mayor is your friend. Not mine.

Look into facts then talk to me. Your Welcome.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from maldenblueskies. Show maldenblueskies's posts

No, this Mayor is not my friend. You are pushing the re-incarnation of Mayor Howard, not me. I know Gary did not vote against this past budget. As I recall, the vote in the Finance Committee was to move it out to the full council. Deb voted for it to be voted by the full council but not for the budget. She questioned it and didn't like the answers she got so voted against it. What is wrong with that? Gary was all for the budget and voted for it. He also voted for a meals tax. He was also on the committee for a parking sticker tax. Not my idea of change for the people.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

GC voted against howard 70% of the time. Hes a bad Mini Me huh?

The year before DF did not vote on the budget on the floor but did in the backroom. She changed her way this year because of elections.

The parking stickers are dead now. And because he listened to the people. Had four meetings and listened to the people. The people did not like the idea so it was DOA.

Gary voted to limit the amount of people needed to turn a vote (Like the trash bag tax). Fallon voted against it? Why?

Look at GC's track record compared to DFs.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from maldenblueskies. Show maldenblueskies's posts

Isn't he also pushing for a home rule petition (instead of asking the citizens to vote) to create a CFO position? This position would answer to the Mayor and takes the power away from the council. I can see one of those who are a crony of Gary's getting the job--Kinnon or Nestor? Deb has never voted for the budget. Don't kid yourself. That parking sticker issue will come up again if Gary gets in. Easier to squeeze people than the fat cats in the administration. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

She never voted on a budget? Ok now your talking out your wazoo.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MalenWasGreat. Show MalenWasGreat's posts

I live in ward 8 and I am voting for Roderick, I don't care if he lived here a day, it's time for a change in ward 8.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

He does not even know where Linden school is.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

If you think Billy the Jock can do better then Bucci, that's your opinion. Bucci helps out all over the city and is involved. Billy The Jock is a wisebutt that is running on nothing.

I can ruin his run in a few days. We need people who have experience in Malden. Not ones who have been hand picked by DF.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from maldenblueskies. Show maldenblueskies's posts

Pats2012: Thank your friend Judy for the trash bags and being the Mayor's bobble head. She needs to go.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

I will call her and thank her. And thank you for reminding me to call her and thank her.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from fscib52. Show fscib52's posts

Great and blue, you are both expressing the opinion of most of malden, but this issues is on the back burner. I experience this frustration every day. i hate those fcken bags. They pushed it thru. They heard from the people that we did not like their decision. bobby M. took the lead, had all kinds of support, but still, somehow they withheld there unpopular decision.
    Pats is right about judy. she is a very good voice for linden and my family and i will be supporting her, but she will get an earful about that bag decision.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

I hate the bags. Give us big barrels. Get rid of JRM they are dirty.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MalenWasGreat. Show MalenWasGreat's posts

In Response to Re: Rodrick Running in Ward 8:
    [QUOTE]Great and blue, you are both expressing the opinion of most of malden, but this issues is on the back burner. I experience this frustration every day. i hate those fcken bags. They pushed it thru. They heard from the people that we did not like their decision. bobby M. took the lead, had all kinds of support, but still, somehow they withheld there unpopular decision. Pats is right about judy. she is a very good voice for linden and my family and i will be supporting her, but she will get an earful about that bag decision.   
    Posted by fscib52[/QUOTE]

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MalenWasGreat. Show MalenWasGreat's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rodrick Running in Ward 8 :
    Posted by MalenWasGreat[/QUOTE]

If you are still pissed about the trash bags I can't believe you would ever consider voting for her.  After we the voters voted 3 to 1 to get rid of the tax she again voted to keep it.  I also don't see the streets of Malden being cleaner since the blue bags as she claims they are.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Educatedmaldonian. Show Educatedmaldonian's posts

[QUOTE]Don't know about that but he CHOSE to move back. How many people employed by this city chose to move OUT as soon as they could? Your friend, the Mayor, is heading out of here as soon as possible. He needs to have his guy in place so he can reap all the seeds he has sown over the past 16 years.
    Posted by maldenblueskies[/QUOTE]

What does this mean? How exactly will Howard be reaping seeds? 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hellgirl. Show hellgirl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rodrick Running in Ward 8 : What does this mean? How exactly will Howard be reaping seeds? 
    Posted by Educatedmaldonian[/QUOTE]

Oh God, thank you for this. I'm still trying to figure out how one "reaps the seeds they have sown". Doesn't one typically sow the seeds and reap the reward/harvest? Is it possible to reap seeds?!

Seemingly trivial statements like this are, unfortunately, broader indicators of ability to effectively communicate and effective communication, at least to me, often equates to ability to lead, govern, and engage in discourse and civil debate. So when I see things like that statement, it makes it very hard for me to take the individual making it seriously.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from anotherman. Show anotherman's posts

[QUOTE]Is making Malden more affordable a good thing?
    Posted by malden2010[/QUOTE]

Actually no, I don't think so. That's part of the problem that we have here in the city, that we are attracting section 8 tenants and undesirable people from other places.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rodrick Running in Ward 8 : Actually no, I don't think so. That's part of the problem that we have here in the city, that we are attracting section 8 tenants and undesirable people from other places.
    Posted by anotherman[/QUOTE]

I agree. But we cannot frown on every section 8 tenant. In this economy, many former middle class are now section 8. Many families of troops are now section 8. But I do see many section 8 people who are not trying to make a change.

Section 8 is a double edged spoon.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1775andStillaDemocrat. Show 1775andStillaDemocrat's posts

fscib52 you wrote:  They heard from the people that we did not like their decision. bobby M. took the lead, had all kinds of support, but still, somehow they withheld there unpopular decision.

All kinds of support? Okay...we knew that we would not win based on the initiative petition laws of the state. In reality we lost by the rules, but won public opinion against the blue trash bag tax.

There are only three members of the trash bag seven left after Condon and DiPietro leave office this fall, the cast that is left:

Bucci, Lucey and Anderson.