Salt, Sand, and Snow Removal Ordinances...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wisdomy. Show wisdomy's posts

Salt, Sand, and Snow Removal Ordinances...

...Dear City of Malden, please look into each of them.  And Dear Citizens, if you have time to obsess about the stupid trash bags, you have time to clear your sidewalks.  Those of us who have things to do and places to go would appreciate it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from danc. Show danc's posts

Re: Salt, Sand, and Snow Removal Ordinances...

Most people in my neighborhood do a good job, but that last storm that left 2-3 inches of thick heavy crud was too much for some people's backs I think.  It just clogged up snowblowers too.  Now its frozen and nothing can be done.  Hopefully the rain and above freezing temps this weekend will melt/wash it away.

Also, for you pedestrians... if the sidewalk is clear, get off the street.  More than I see unshoveled sidewalks, I see people walking in the road when the walk IS shoveled.  If I see a headline about someone getting hit like that, I'm not sure my compassion will overcome my thoughts that it is natural selection at work.  And while were at it, Winter or Summer, stop jaywalking!  There's a reason why the hand means DON'T WALK.  I'm talking to all of you getting off the T at Malden Center!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wisdomy. Show wisdomy's posts

That's because you see those people while you're driving, and if you REALLY looked, you'd notice that they're in the street because, at best, every THIRD or so walk is shoveled.  And honestly it's not the homeowners that are the biggest problem.  I live off Eastern Avenue, and between me and Malden Station, there are a bunch of commercial and municipal properties with uncleared sidewalks. 

I'll agree with you that the intersection of Commercial and Exchange Streets outside Malden Center seems to make people forget everything they know about how to walk, how to drive, and generally how to function in a civilized society.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kiwiaregreen. Show Kiwiaregreen's posts

I have more of an issue with people parking their cars in front of houses and letting them sit for week(s), so when it snows, the plows go around the vehicle and leave a big mess around the car.  Is there a limit of how long a car can park on a street..especially when they don't live on said street? We are not a sticker only street. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from danc. Show danc's posts

I think all of these issues compound each other.  You can report houses that don't shovel, but I'd prefer not to tattle on the neighbors.  I suppose ranting here is a more passive-agressive alternative, haha.

Kiwi, I'm not sure there is a limit, if its been there more than a week, I would report it to the police as an abandoned vehicle.  Unless its registered to a nearby address, they'll probably tow it.

On another note, the city must have filled the position for the winter parking enforcement ticketer.  I got a ticket for overnight parking in front of my at 8:35 AM (after moving it from the driveway 30 minutes earlier)... maybe they should train these people.