Show Me Your Platform

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hellgirl. Show hellgirl's posts

Show Me Your Platform

OK. Because the other Fallon v Christenson posts here are totally mired down in insults and unicorns and pixie dust, I am here to ask the following questions of supporters on both sides (since I am presently Voting for Steve based on everything I've seen/not seen thus far). Convince me to vote for your candidate by answering the following questions with concrete, verifiable, factual answers - not feel good fluff about support and/or longevity.

CHRISTENSON
    1. Both sides agree that Malden is in some very dire straits right now, directly as a result of the incumbent council. Christenson is part of that incumbency and therefore can be viewed as part of the problem that put Malden where it is. From an outsider perspective, if he's been in this long, he either is the problem or he's extremely ineffective in what he does. So, what measures has he specifically taken to pull Malden out of this mire and see it forward into the future?

2. On that note, what is his revitalization plan for the city?

3. If elected mayor, what positions will he cull from city hall? What will he create for city hall?

FALLON
    1. Fallon is a junior council member with no personal history of politics (outside of family members holding office) that I can find. How can her experiences in the private sector directly benefit the city and translate to an effective mayor-ship?

2. What has Ms. Fallon accomplished in her first year as Councilor-at-Large? By that I mean - list specific actions taken that have been seen through to a logical conclusion, that benefit the city. Examples would be: Secured funding for x, y, z; Brought forth development proposal for downtown area that has been approved by council and will be put to a vote. Something like that. I don't want  ANY "well, she supports..." answers on this. That's pixie dust.

3. Fallon's persona is contentious among the council. She seems to have few allies. She has not shown herself to be effective as part of a team - and even when the "team" disagrees, a true teammate will find an acceptable resolution for all. With this in mind, how will this relationship affect her mayorship or beaffected by it? What will she do to unify Malden politics?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from goindownswingin. Show goindownswingin's posts

Re: Show Me Your Platform

no one has asked to see my platform this early hellgirl:)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from goindownswingin. Show goindownswingin's posts

seriously though.....i said it before somewhere else.....
    gary "looks" the part of mayor, but i feel he is to entrenched in malden politics..maybe "owes" to many people already to make a great change that is needed...
    fallon im afraid doesn't look the part at all, may be in over her head. and doesn't look like she has to "tools" to pull it off even if she does manage to get voted in...
    gary could be promising, but could end up being the same ol' same ol'
    fallon has a huge question mark whether anything could get done at all.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hellgirl. Show hellgirl's posts

Exactly! Which is why I'm asking the pointed questions here. And I'll be curious to see if anyone has the testicular/ovarian fortitude to answer them, never mind succinctly and sanely. :D

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkDontTrip. Show WalkDontTrip's posts

Garys office has his platform.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hellgirl. Show hellgirl's posts

And it doesn't answer the questions or I wouldn't ask them. Funnily enough, yours was a complete non-answer too.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gutclencher. Show Gutclencher's posts

I have no real answers, except that unless something concrete solidifies one way or the other, I am currently voting for Gary, even though I am more seemingly philisophically aligned with Fallon on some major issues.

Haven't a clue how Gary will do as mayor and I dread how Deb will do as mayor. So I'm making my bets now until something clearer solidifies to sway me.
    I can go with Gary and hope things can be changed from the inside or I can go with Deb and gird for all out meltdown, nine ways from next Tuesday.  Just my feelings.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gutclencher. Show Gutclencher's posts

There is ONE thing that can cleanly shake me out of the Gary camp. 

Clean and unambiguous public association with Kinnon will turn me off faster than you can say, boo!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

Gutclencher---My Platform will be or might be an open Government,
    regular Council Meetings accross the City having two a week for all
    8 wards--1 & 2 first week different days, 3&4 same 2nd week different days---5&6 the third week on different days and 7 & 8
    4 th week of Month --this is besides their regular meetings ---
    giving the citizens to voice their concerns.
    Than all committee meeting minutes get posted in our newspapers as
    with regular meeting minutes within 48 hours of meeting.
    Than have all committee meetings televised for the residents of Malden.
    Make Mayor appointment go through strict screening process no
    relatives and Campaign contributors allowed.
    That is if i run for City Council;

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from scootcha. Show scootcha's posts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Push_poll

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hellgirl. Show hellgirl's posts

Driver54: I appreciate your platform but had no idea you were running for mayor. And it still doesn't actually answer the questions I asked of the supporters (or, if they read it, the candidates themselves).

Gutclencher: And oddly enough, no one has stepped forward. All of this vociferous support on the other discussions here but when clear answers are asked, no one wants to go to bat. *facepalm*

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hellgirl. Show hellgirl's posts

goindownswingin: I know your platform. :P

But I totally agree with your assessment on both. Vote for Steve!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gutclencher. Show Gutclencher's posts

Sorry Hellgirl.  Good luck getting specific answers.  I've only got feelings right now and it isn't getting any clearer than that.

Gary
    1.  No clue.
    2.  No clue.
    3.  No clue.

Deb
    1.  No clue.
    2.  No clue.
    3.  No clue.  Bad feeling about this.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from goindownswingin. Show goindownswingin's posts

steve! steve! steve!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hellgirl. Show hellgirl's posts

OMG. Gutclencher, you get the Gold Star Award for being the very first to answer the questions honestly AND succinctly without resorting to insults.

GUTCLENCHER FOR MAYOR!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JIRKYRICK. Show JIRKYRICK's posts

I like donuts...

I have gotten an answer from Gary in email regarding his platform, he likes donuts too,  but his answer was I would have to wait for his answer ( i think he thinks I am thinking about what he thinks)

Deb, she never responds, her platform seems to be a sinking ship, but the floaties look like donuts mmmmmm.... Her no respnse is not a good indicator of a seriiuos campaign, probably just collecting campaign money for herself

I like dots, they are fruity and chewey,  oh thats another discussion

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hellgirl. Show hellgirl's posts

Gosh, JIRKY. Is it 4:20 already? LOL! Just kidding.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from goindownswingin. Show goindownswingin's posts

dots..just saying...are the worst candy invented...cavity pullers i like to call them.........4:20...pretty funny, and judging by the randomness of that post, accurate:)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVCSparent. Show MVCSparent's posts

I would not venture to state what eithers platform is but here is what we know for sure:  In order to be a successful politician, Mayor etc you almost never accomplish anything alone.  In this city you need a Mayor and at least six Council votes.   GC in his years on the Council has time and again worked on projects that have gotten done because he tries, clearly does not always succeed,  to find common ground with his fellow councilors.  DF on the other hand is always alone.  No other Councilor has this issue.  Clearly alliances shift back and forth from issue to issue but she has no friends on the Council.  I may know little but I can tell you that type of person cannot be a succeful Mayor and it is hard to imagine how she could possibly fix that.  It is so evident that the other Councilors do not appreciate her so how could she ever get anything done?  Just an observation and make no bones about it I want her to go down for the travesty that occured at Roosevelt Park, which was a prime example where she didn't try to find common ground at all and instead we are left with a pit for the next generation.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from goindownswingin. Show goindownswingin's posts

how can that park be a pit already? wasn't it new when the school was built?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkDontTrip. Show WalkDontTrip's posts

Amen

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from scootcha. Show scootcha's posts

In Response to Re: Show Me Your Platform:
    [QUOTE]Gold Star Award for being the very first to answer the questions honestly AND succinctly without resorting to insults.
    Posted by hellgirl[/QUOTE]

Maybe if they were presented as honestly unbiased questions I might take them more seriously.  Some of those questions are actually statements presented under the guise of being inquiries. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JIRKYRICK. Show JIRKYRICK's posts

The candidates dont seem to care anyway, Fallon does not answer emails, Gary says he cant answer just yet, but the both seem to like pizza,..

not  sure which one I am voting for, niether candidate says which one they prefer, may be sicilian square pizza, the other may be more the napoli style, and if either supports the terrible greek pizza well then I am voting for the fried clams .. but thats just me

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from goindownswingin. Show goindownswingin's posts

guise? really? i didnt think it could have been any more straightforward...

jirky..who doesn't like pizza? i couldn't in my right mind vote for a candidate who didn't like pizza...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from hellgirl. Show hellgirl's posts

Guise? They were honest questions, the kind that would most certainly be asked in any official candidate debate forum. Debate questions are often framed in the context of how candidate PR (or lack thereof) has affected public opinion. Have you watched any on TV? The moderators will often lead with, "Your persona is...and this has affected opinion...how do you propose to...?" OR "You were part of...and this is a negative thing...what will you do differently this time?"

And, um, to whom was I showing bias? Because I think everyone who pays any iota of attention here knows that right now, I am completely undecided. I see good potential and very bad potential in both candidates.