Show Me Your Platform

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JIRKYRICK. Show JIRKYRICK's posts

Re: Show Me Your Platform

I will show you my platform if you show me yours, er um, wait a minute, I have seen pics of the candidates, nevermind

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gutclencher. Show Gutclencher's posts

Gary has a nicer smile.  Not that I'm funny that way, just saying...
    He makes a prettier picture in a suit...  Know what I mean?  Lot's of teeth.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JIRKYRICK. Show JIRKYRICK's posts

hehe lots of teeth,,, and deb has, lots of well um er... okay wont go there....

WHy pick on Deb, cuz she does not answer her freakin' emails, so therefor she is not running a real campaign but now easy access to a Gas station deli with an office, why not rent some dollar space in the square

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from scootcha. Show scootcha's posts

In Response to Re: Show Me Your Platform:
    [QUOTE]They were honest questions, the kind that would most certainly be asked in any official candidate debate forum.
    Posted by hellgirl[/QUOTE]

Reread them.  Officicial debate questions would have some subtle but important diffences. Some of yours have what could be seen as opinion statements in the question or just before them.  

Here is just one example:

1.      Fallon is a junior council member with no personal history of politics (outside of family members holding office) that I can find. How can her experiences in the private sector directly benefit the city and translate to an effective mayor-ship?

Rewritten soley as a question:

How can Fallon as a junior council member with little or no documented personal history of politics experience but only in the private sector directly benefit the city and translate that an effective mayor-ship?

The second one is still not great or without leading content either but that is what I am getting at.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hellgirl. Show hellgirl's posts

scootcha: OK. I think I see your point...but at the same time, you and I asked the same exact thing. I'm a voter. Right now, I have opinions about both. The questions are still honest and have yet to be answered. The argument you posit would be more valid IF I were actually a debate moderator and this was actually a debate between the candidates, but I'm not. I'm a voter asking questions based on what I have seen, found, and heard. This isn't a professional forum and it doesn't negate the actual validity of the questions.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from goindownswingin. Show goindownswingin's posts

splitting hairs, lol....if you can't answer the question, just say so. it's ok

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkDontTrip. Show WalkDontTrip's posts

Thats right Hell Girl. So dont worry about what is said here.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from goindownswingin. Show goindownswingin's posts

lol, look who's talking...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gutclencher. Show Gutclencher's posts

I sent emails to probably half the city council this afternoon, including Gary and Deb, on various issues.

I'm getting extremely positive feedback from Gary.  He actually responded to my multiple emails requesting information on pending regulations on parking stickers, water abatement, etc.

I've gotten NADA from Deb, so far.  Not surprised.

Bucci responded the fastest and actually wants to talk to me next week.  She's very friendly, but I only need data, so I just asked for an email response.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from taxed2much. Show taxed2much's posts

Gary always responds but Deb needs to step it up have someone respond up if she wants to win!

[QUOTE]I sent emails to probably half the city council this afternoon, including Gary and Deb, on various issues. I'm getting extremely positive feedback from Gary.  He actually responded to my multiple emails requesting information on pending regulations on parking stickers, water abatement, etc. I've gotten NADA from Deb, so far.  Not surprised. Bucci responded the fastest and actually wants to talk to me next week.  She's very friendly, but I only need data, so I just asked for an email response.
    Posted by Gutclencher[/QUOTE]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gutclencher. Show Gutclencher's posts

Even got a phone call from Kinnon yesterday.  He left a message.  Still nothing from Deb.

Are my expectations just too high? 

I don't understand the non-engagement from someone, who is supposed to be running for mayor.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from goindownswingin. Show goindownswingin's posts

how many times does someone have to be shocked/amazed/disappointed from that? it was stated weeks ago, yet people still try to email her, and when they do not get a reply. they are shocked/amazed/disappointed.......don't vote for her, case closed...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

Gutclencher&goindownswingin-----She will be in a angry mood tonight because who was selected by the mayor for the Fire Station

Committee----It seems aweful that only two councilors and not one

citizens were put on this committee---Look at both Councilors they

are The Mayor Butt Kissers and it won't change---Why not the Two

Mayor Candidates because it will not be decided till after the election maybe two citizens also. Someone should ask Why NOt?

Not one word about Grants and Federal Funding mention either what a joke this Committee is.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from activemaldonian. Show activemaldonian's posts

HellGirl-you did get a response from Gary Christenson's team in an email correct?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hellgirl. Show hellgirl's posts

activemaldonian: Why yes. I did. About 2 hours ago. How did you know?

And FTR: Nada from Deb. But I am NOT (and I want to make this perfectly clear for goin'downswingin) surprised, shocked or otherwise nonplussed (look it up - it actually means confused) about the non-response from Fallon OR the fact that I did eventually get a lengthy response from Christenson.

He answered some questions, not all - it was mostly the canned political platform rhetoric - but it was most definitely an answer I can live with.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gutclencher. Show Gutclencher's posts

We're winding into the Summer months and the election is coming up fast, this Fall.
    I hope you're starting to see why I'm solidly leaning towards voting for Gary.  I can't consider a candidate, who doesn't seem to exist in any meaningful capacity physically, emailly, web sitey, Facebooky, telephony, bloggy, coffee muggery, bumper stickery, etc. etc. etc.

[QUOTE]activemaldonian: Why yes. I did. About 2 hours ago. How did you know? And FTR: Nada from Deb. But I am NOT (and I want to make this perfectly clear for goin'downswingin) surprised, shocked or otherwise nonplussed (look it up - it actually means confused) about the non-response from Fallon OR the fact that I did eventually get a lengthy response from Christenson. He answered some questions, not all - it was mostly the canned political platform rhetoric - but it was most definitely an answer I can live with.
    Posted by hellgirl[/QUOTE]

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from activemaldonian. Show activemaldonian's posts

I have been very open about being a big Gary Christenson supporter and I will be working hard to get him elected.  When I see something on here that I think should be answered, I call and ask him or one of his team members.  I was told he answered very similar questions recently so I figured it was you.

People may not always like the answers they receive from any candidate, but the key is to ANSWER them.  It is totally unacceptable to ignore the "people" you are supposed to be advocating for.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hellgirl. Show hellgirl's posts

activemaldonian: That's pretty awesome of you. :)

And I wholeheartedly agree. I would rather have an answer, even if it's not what I want to hear, than have nothing at all.

Gutclencher: Amen.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

To ALL---My Platform ---Open Public meetings for all citizens to
    particpate in ---Have at least one meeting everyweek in a different
    ward per month this will let the citizen have a say.
    Open all the Financial records of the city for Public Review;
    Find funds to increase the Police and Fire fighters staffs through the
    use of Federal Funds and Federal Grants;
    Find Funds for summer program for students that other cities seem to find except Malden;
    Find Federal Funds to repair our streets and sidewalks that are in terrible  condition as of today;
    Find Federal Funding for a community policing program;
    How is that for a Platform----I want to debate Councilor Anderson
    (Ward 7) in the Ferryway school to hear what he wants to do;
    I am putting the challenge out to him.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from activemaldonian. Show activemaldonian's posts

Does anyone know if Fallon is going to the community public forum this Sunday from 2-4 at the old Emerson School in Malden?

This is an open forum free to the public sponsored by the Chinese Culture Connection, Wah Lum Academy, Asian Spectrum, and the key club from Malden High School.

It is a place to hear the candidates platforms and ask questions.
    I heard she hadn't responded as of yesterday.
    Christenson and the candidates running for Councillors will be there....What do you think that means? 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gutclencher. Show Gutclencher's posts

Thanks for the heads up Active.  I'll try and make it to that forum or at least part of it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gutclencher. Show Gutclencher's posts

Hellgirl:  The battle for ward 6 is ON.  It's already started.  Last nights cheesy theatrics are campaign shenanigans.  The entire city is involved in this now, even the at-large councilors.  Residents, like Andrew, actually believe that the show last night was real.  If this keeps up, Kinnon will have a whole lot of people supporting him.
    There is no knowing how long this lightning is going to be in the bottle.
    Send me a message via the link below, if and when you decide to get in on this campaign season.  It isn't going to be easy....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkDontTrip. Show WalkDontTrip's posts

Kinnon has no one running against him. Why would he care?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gutclencher. Show Gutclencher's posts

He's a good political tactician.  He cares.  He "feels" something brewing.  We just need someone to run.  These blogs are pressuring him.  You're helping by giving voice to the very debate about someone else running.
    Self-fulfilling prophecy and all that stuff...

Pressure, real or imagined, is pressure.

[QUOTE]Kinnon has no one running against him. Why would he care?
    Posted by WalkDontTrip[/QUOTE]

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from goindownswingin. Show goindownswingin's posts

something just doesn't seem right here...fallon MUST know, through word of mouth, that people are not pleased with her lack of communication about her campaign..and yet she continues to not address it?  doesn't add up, something fishy here....