Simonelli for Councilor at Large

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from excalguy. Show excalguy's posts

Re: Simonelli for Councilor at Large

Say what you want about Chris Simonelli, but he has a higher level of integrity, ethics and morals than David D'Arcangelo.

I have evidence, a signed affidavit, proving Mr. D'Arcangelo committed perjury in Malden District Court in October 2010. Mr. D'Arcangelo sought a restraining order against me.

Mr. D'Arcangelo committed this criminal and civil offense in an effort to supress damaging information by silencing me about the criminal behavior a member of his 2009 campaign committee, former 
    State Police officer Rick Boudreau, committed. Mr. Boudreau committed numerous acts of coercion against me between February and September 2009. I was advised not to press criminal charges by an election law attorney because had the details of the case become public the reputation of the Republican Party as a whole could be damaged. The party should not suffer undue humiliation because of two undisciplied individuals. In hindsight, I regret my decision.

On October 6, 2010 Mr. D'Arcangelo submitted an affidavit at Malden District Court, signed under penalty of perjury, in which he:
    1) Committed perjury by falsely accusing me of assaulting him with a campaign sign on election day 2009.
    2) Committed perrury by falsely accusing me of sending him threatening Emails and letters.
    3) Falsely accused me of stalking him.

Mr. D'Arcangelo made a complete fool of himself on October 18, 2010 before Judge James Lamothe. The case was dismissed as Mr. D'Arcangelo produced no evidence any crime was committed against him by me. There was no police/arrest report, medical report, threatening letters or Emails or any witnesses. Plain and simple, he abused the legal system to persue a personal vendetta against me.

Does Mr. D'Arcangelo sound like someone who will take the responsibility of a City Council seat seriously? Would you trust him to be honest with the voters?

I've attempted to have Mr. D'Arcagelo prosecuted for perjury, but the Attorney General's office had too large of a caseload. I've been told by an attorney that I'm within my rights to sue him for defamation of characer since he falsely accused me of having committed a felony in a public forum, a court room with several dozen people preset. A lawsuit of that nature may take three years to reach trial. I don't want anything from Mr. D'Arcangelo except for him to lose this election as he did in 2009.

While serving as Republican City Committee Chairman, I refused to support Mr. D'Arcangelo and as a result I was repeatedly harassed and threatened. The threats made by Mr. Boudreau were that he would find a way to get me removed as Malden Republican City Committee Chairman, which he ultimately did, although by dishonest means. After one particularly disturbing threat by phone I sought legal advice. I contacted the Middlesex District Attorney's office, State Ethics Commission and an election law attorney. I was told by all parties I had been a victim of coercion. The Ethics Commission only deals with non-icumbents when there's a charge of either soliciting or accepting bribes.

I hadn't spoken to Mr. D'Arcangelo after February 2008 choosing to end what was a friendship that began in February 2000. I succeeded him as M.R.C.C. Chairman in March 2008. When he called me in January 2009 to ask for my support, I refused due to his past behavior which led me to believe he was unfit to hold elective office. I also offered to remain neutral in the at-Large race since another M.R.C.C. member, Craig Spadafora, was seeking relelection in the same candidate pool.

Mr. D'Arcangelo, however, refused to take no for an answer and the harassment campaign against me by Mr. Boudreau on behalf of Mr. D'Arcangelo began the first week of February and continued
    until I quit the M.R.C.C. after nearly ten years as a member and officer. Mr. Boudreau was M.R.C.C. Vice-Chairman from March 2008 until June 2009.

My fellow citizens and voters, please believe me when I tell you David D'Arcangelo can't be trusted. Please reject him for the well-being of our city. Don't give him the chance to do to someone else what he had done to me. He's not a gutter politician. He's a cesspool politician.

Barry Greenspan,
    Former Chairman
    Malden Republican City Committee (March 2008-September 2009)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from fugghedaboutit. Show fugghedaboutit's posts

In Response to Re: Simonelli for Councilor at Large:
    [QUOTE]I think this city has gone too far down hill to take a chance on him. If he has gotten his life back together, that's great for him, but he has a history that I don't agree with. I know it's idealistic but a government employee should be someone that is looked up to, he is not someone I would want representing our city.
    Posted by JustinApinyen[/QUOTE]

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from fugghedaboutit. Show fugghedaboutit's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Simonelli for Councilor at Large :
    Posted by fugghedaboutit[/QUOTE]

Chris is a good kid, he did alot for his ward, he hosted Christmas parties for homeless children every year, how easily does everyone forget? are you saying everyone involved in politics here should be looked up to? ha, what a case - think about that for a minute  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from fugghedaboutit. Show fugghedaboutit's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Simonelli for Councilor at Large : Chris is a good kid, he did alot for his ward, he hosted Christmas parties for homeless children every year, how easily does everyone forget? are you saying everyone involved in politics here should be looked up to? ha, what a case - think about that for a minute  
    Posted by fugghedaboutit[/QUOTE]

oh - and yes, he's got our vote

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVCSparent. Show MVCSparent's posts

Who is running at large not hearing much.  Know the incumbents but that is it.

Sections
Shortcuts