Smoking in City Vehicles

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JustinApinyen. Show JustinApinyen's posts

Smoking in City Vehicles

Maybe it's because I'm in a bad mood today, or because I'm just being picky but I'm a little ticked off that as I was walking down Exchange St from the T today I saw a guy get in a city vehicle with a cigarette in his mouth. I thought it was well known that it's not allowed. I don't want to be preachy because I am a smoker, but what p's me off about this is that he was getting into a Malden Board or Health vehicle. You know, the people that are "enforcing" all of these laws around no smoking in public places. I guess it's just the Do as I say not as I do mentality of Malden City Hall.

from Mass.Gov
    (3) A person shall not smoke in the state house or in a public building or in a vehicle or vessel, owned, leased, or otherwise operated by the commonwealth or a political subdivision thereof, or in a space occupied by a state agency or department of the commonwealth which is located in another building, including a private office in a building or space mentioned in this sentence, or at an open meeting of a governmental body as defined in section 11A of chapter 30A, section 23A of chapter 39 and section 9F of chapter 34, or in a courtroom or courthouse.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hellgirl. Show hellgirl's posts

Re: Smoking in City Vehicles

I'm a smoker too but we can't smoke in our government vehicles here and so we don't. This sort of thing drives me absolutely nuts when I see it. I hope you reported it, Justin.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from fscib52. Show fscib52's posts

In Response to Re: Smoking in City Vehicles:
    [QUOTE]I'm a smoker too but we can't smoke in our government vehicles here and so we don't. This sort of thing drives me absolutely nuts when I see it. I hope you reported it, Justin.
    Posted by hellgirl[/QUOTE]

Hell, how are you? I thought you went back to Michigan.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JustinApinyen. Show JustinApinyen's posts

I didn't, I was more looking to get my aggravation about it out of my system. However, if I see it again, I will.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hellgirl. Show hellgirl's posts

fscib: Why the HELL would I go back to MI? That's where my ex is from, not me. :P

Nah, just got bored with hearing the same blah blah blah every day.

Justin - Do. It's absurd.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

FSCIB52&HELLGIRL----I MISSED BOTH OF YOU BUT I HAVE TO TAKE CARE OF MY HEALTH FIRST--THIS PAST WEEK SCARED THE HELL OUT OF ME.   HOPE TO GET ACTIVE SHORTLY; I ON A KIND OF RESTRICTION AND  BEEN TO STAY AWAY FROM THESE SITES AND ONLY WALK A SHORT DISTANCE WHEN i GO OUT. HEART PROBLEMS.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

ABOUT SMOKING ALL OF YOU ARE RIGHT, SEE ANYONE SMOKING IN A CITY VEHICLE TURN THEM IN OR TAKE A PICTURE FOR PROOF THAN SEND IT TO YOUR LOCAL NEWSPAPER.
    WONDER WHAT THE NEW MAYOR WILL ALLOW TO GO ON ?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from AnnieOMalden. Show AnnieOMalden's posts

Are you saying the Mayor's "wellness program" is not working?

Sections
Shortcuts