Notice: All Boston.com forums will be retired as of May 31st, 2016 and will not be archived. Thank you for your participation in this community, and we hope you continue to enjoy other content at Boston.com.

Smoking in City Vehicles

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JustinApinyen. Show JustinApinyen's posts

Smoking in City Vehicles

Maybe it's because I'm in a bad mood today, or because I'm just being picky but I'm a little ticked off that as I was walking down Exchange St from the T today I saw a guy get in a city vehicle with a cigarette in his mouth. I thought it was well known that it's not allowed. I don't want to be preachy because I am a smoker, but what p's me off about this is that he was getting into a Malden Board or Health vehicle. You know, the people that are "enforcing" all of these laws around no smoking in public places. I guess it's just the Do as I say not as I do mentality of Malden City Hall.

from Mass.Gov
    (3) A person shall not smoke in the state house or in a public building or in a vehicle or vessel, owned, leased, or otherwise operated by the commonwealth or a political subdivision thereof, or in a space occupied by a state agency or department of the commonwealth which is located in another building, including a private office in a building or space mentioned in this sentence, or at an open meeting of a governmental body as defined in section 11A of chapter 30A, section 23A of chapter 39 and section 9F of chapter 34, or in a courtroom or courthouse.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hellgirl. Show hellgirl's posts

Re: Smoking in City Vehicles

I'm a smoker too but we can't smoke in our government vehicles here and so we don't. This sort of thing drives me absolutely nuts when I see it. I hope you reported it, Justin.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from fscib52. Show fscib52's posts

In Response to Re: Smoking in City Vehicles:
    I'm a smoker too but we can't smoke in our government vehicles here and so we don't. This sort of thing drives me absolutely nuts when I see it. I hope you reported it, Justin.
    Posted by hellgirl

Hell, how are you? I thought you went back to Michigan.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JustinApinyen. Show JustinApinyen's posts

I didn't, I was more looking to get my aggravation about it out of my system. However, if I see it again, I will.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hellgirl. Show hellgirl's posts

fscib: Why the HELL would I go back to MI? That's where my ex is from, not me. :P

Nah, just got bored with hearing the same blah blah blah every day.

Justin - Do. It's absurd.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

FSCIB52&HELLGIRL----I MISSED BOTH OF YOU BUT I HAVE TO TAKE CARE OF MY HEALTH FIRST--THIS PAST WEEK SCARED THE HELL OUT OF ME.   HOPE TO GET ACTIVE SHORTLY; I ON A KIND OF RESTRICTION AND  BEEN TO STAY AWAY FROM THESE SITES AND ONLY WALK A SHORT DISTANCE WHEN i GO OUT. HEART PROBLEMS.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

ABOUT SMOKING ALL OF YOU ARE RIGHT, SEE ANYONE SMOKING IN A CITY VEHICLE TURN THEM IN OR TAKE A PICTURE FOR PROOF THAN SEND IT TO YOUR LOCAL NEWSPAPER.
    WONDER WHAT THE NEW MAYOR WILL ALLOW TO GO ON ?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from AnnieOMalden. Show AnnieOMalden's posts

Are you saying the Mayor's "wellness program" is not working?

Sections
Shortcuts