Solicitors

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JustinApinyen. Show JustinApinyen's posts

Solicitors

Did anyone happen to have a woman come to their door asking for money for "her baby's formula" last night in the Bowdoin st area? She was going door to door giving the same repeat story that she was new to the neighborhood and needed formula for her baby and she got her check today but wasn't able to cash it and wanted to know if she could get a couple bucks or if we could go with her to an atm to cash her check for her. She reaked of booze and just did not seem right. My worry is that she either really has no shame, or was scoping out what people have in their houses. Anyone else experience her ?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from anotherman. Show anotherman's posts

Re: Solicitors

That's scary Justin...

Moral of the story: don't let strangers into the house, you never know what kind of deranged folks you encounter these days; also, when I get accosted on the streets by people asking for change, I turn them away saying that I don't have any, you never know if they are legit or just setting you up for a robbery when you pull out your wallet... Yikes!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

I would have called the cops. Get the kid taken from her.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hellgirl. Show hellgirl's posts

In Response to Re: Solicitors:
    [QUOTE]I would have called the cops. Get the kid taken from her.
    Posted by Pats2012Champs[/QUOTE]

In any other town, I would have said this very same thing. But...

No, I haven't had that experience and it is scary, Justin. I have, however, been approached near the HS in the past, on more than one occasion, by a couple of different people asking for money for diapers for their kids in strollers with them.