Special Election?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MaldenPride. Show MaldenPride's posts

Special Election?

When and if Christensen becomes mayor. And if Nestor gets re-elected. Will Nestor fulfill his obligation to ward 4 or take a job in the new administration? Which would require a special election.And cost the TAXPAYERS some money. Mr fiscal conservative wouldn't do that,would he ?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Educatedmaldonian. Show Educatedmaldonian's posts

Re: Special Election?

I would try to stop anticipating the worst- I can't imagine this happening.  I remember months ago when Fallon's camp was on the rumor mill with all sorts of scenarios.

Let's remember- NONE of them happened.
    This was my personal favorite tail- back room deals to have the Mayor resign and then Greg Lucey steps down and the council votes in Gary.  So ridiculous, but they were spreading those rumors and more.

This is just more of the same.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

No Kinnon will not do it. he is under a micoscope now.

And I remember thos rumors Educated. So funny how they died fast once the date came around and left.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from WantOutofHere. Show WantOutofHere's posts

That is really intelligent thing to do. Spread a rumor about Fallon spreading rumors. Duh!

BTW, I heard those rumors, not from Fallon's people.

In Response to Re: Special Election?:

I would try to stop anticipating the worst- I can't imagine this happening.  I remember months ago when Fallon's camp was on the rumor mill with all sorts of scenarios. Let's remember- NONE of them happened. This was my personal favorite tail- back room deals to have the Mayor resign and then Greg Lucey steps down and the council votes in Gary.  So ridiculous, but they were spreading those rumors and more. This is just more of the same.
    Posted by Educatedmaldonian

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from KaysieMae. Show KaysieMae's posts

That would certainly be a worse case scenario.  Who would think of doing something like that now since it's been rumored?  Kinnon would have to keep his day job anyways in order to juggle all three jobs!  He couldn't have a voice for the ward and the city and still have a finance job at City Hall and also run MVRC in the city.  Now that would be someone with very conflicting interests!  He'd have to step down from the $17k job and that I can't foresee.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVCSparent. Show MVCSparent's posts

Educated malden is right on.  Just more dumb rumors to stir the pot. This one is as dumb as the one in the spring about the Mayor resigning etc.  I know people close to Kinnon and they've known him for years and he has a very good job in Boston for a large company for years.  If you really know him it has always been about Malden particularly improving it. His ideas are sometimes very radical but he will work them behind the scenes very effectively and does not give up.  Just look at the bonding that took place this year.  Then look at how much his Ward benefited.  He definitely has the Maplewood edge to him but heck he's lived there his entire life.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from greysquirrel. Show greysquirrel's posts

I do not think their would have to be a special election even if Kinnon did resign after being re-elected. I believe the person who finished second in the race would be called to serve the remainder of the term.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from maldenblueskies. Show maldenblueskies's posts

"but he will work them behind the scenes very effectively and does not give up." This is what Kinnon does best-work in the background! Just as he has worked deals with the guy he got elected 16 years ago, he will manipulate the guy he wants in this time! I don't think that parking sticker with color coding and curfew on it is dead. That was his pet issue, remember? I heard the rumors about the Mayor resigning but they sure didn't come from the Fallon camp! So why is it you're bringing up that old stuff again now?

Sections
Shortcuts