STOP AND SHOP STINKS!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikexcore. Show mikexcore's posts

STOP AND SHOP STINKS!

I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but I personally can't stand it anymore. I commute to the malden station on foot on a daily basis. Recently, I have noticed a putrid smell looming across the Stop and Shop parking lot. At first I thought maybe it was just some trash that didn't get picked up on time, however, after 3 weeks of it, it's making me sick (literally to the point where I can't breathe till I'm past it). 

I don't know if it's coming from stop and shop or one of the industries on that corner, but it's disgusting.

Has anyone else been noticing this?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

Re: STOP AND SHOP STINKS!

its the coffee company lol. It does smell at certain times.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hellgirl. Show hellgirl's posts

I have been smelling the coffee company a LOT in that area lately, but it smells more like burnt coffee beans combined with rancid onions than anything gag-inducing to me.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

The burnt coffee is a famous smell in that area. Its the roast of the beans. Its a bad smell. I have a friend who works in the building. He smells like that after work. Not the kind of guy you want to meet up with for a few drinks after work. He is always so perky. lol

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikexcore. Show mikexcore's posts

no, I love coffee and it's definately not that. this is more of a decomposing pile of filth smell.  and pats: that musy be hysterical though

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

Stop and Shop could be dumping greens and might be turning into a mulch like pile. I might go down later and smell. If you see a man walking around with his nose to the air, it is just me lolol.

Hey look for a body. If a car is parked over night go up to it and knock on the trunk. If no one answers, then a body is in it lol. I KID I KID.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Maldenlady. Show Maldenlady's posts

Could someone be composting?  Sometimes newly-laid mulch can smell pretty awful...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hellgirl. Show hellgirl's posts

If you compost correctly, you'll never know the heap is there.

It could be offal or other rubbish from both Stop n Rob and Super88/Hong Kong Market combined in the heat though. I know that on hot days when I head to Super88, that store fair reeks. But I love their selection so I do my best to shut my nose to it...and hurry through.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

Imagine if stop and shop was hiding bodies in the freezer!!! The pigs feet I got at the store once had five toes not three. Surprised

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hellgirl. Show hellgirl's posts

In Response to Re: STOP AND SHOP STINKS!:
    [QUOTE]Imagine if stop and shop was hiding bodies in the freezer!!! The pigs feet I got at the store once had five toes not three.
    Posted by Pats2012Champs[/QUOTE]

ARGH ARGH ARGH!!! LOL!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikexcore. Show mikexcore's posts

haha. It that would be pretty interesting to discover. I smelt it again this morning, though it was faint. 

maybe it's body in the trunk of one of the hundreds of cars that park there for the train?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Maldenlady. Show Maldenlady's posts

Oh!  Oh!  Can we get Laurence Fishbourne and Marge Helgenbrenner to investigate??  Oh, pls!

Who Are You?  I really wanna know!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

I am ICE-T CSI. We will check it out!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Maldenlady. Show Maldenlady's posts

ICE-T, you're gonna get mobbed! When, exactly, are you gonna be in the parking lot??

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

Later tonight. 8pm.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Maldenlady. Show Maldenlady's posts

Alert the Media!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

I will sniff out the stink!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

Found the stink. I was walking around trying to get a whiff. I did not smell much. Then it hit me...then I smelt it!!! It was so bad I covered my face. It was from the tacos I ate.

As for the smell at Stop and Steal...I could not find it. I will call in back up. My friend Nunnie "Noses" Nussia. He can smell anything!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

No serious. I did smell it. Smells like dead mice cooking in the sun on top of the coffee smell. Just driving down charles street you can smell it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from scootcha. Show scootcha's posts

[QUOTE]The burnt coffee is a famous smell in that area. Its the roast of the beans. Its a bad smell.
    Posted by Pats2012Champs[/QUOTE]

New England Coffee smells like a profitable company adding to the tax base and providing jobs.

S&S does have the grease pit and trash bins in the the back right corner that can stink up the place on a warm day.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikexcore. Show mikexcore's posts

should be some kind of fine for smells like that. it's disturbing

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hellgirl. Show hellgirl's posts

[QUOTE]should be some kind of fine for smells like that. it's disturbing
    Posted by mikexcore[/QUOTE]

I know that you can report homes with such smells to the Dept. of Public Health in Malden. Fat lot of good that's done...but I digress. Anyway, try calling them. Whatever it is probably is something that's not being disposed of properly and may be a health violation.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from taxed2much. Show taxed2much's posts

Re:sounds like dead fish in the trash. Although the high prices in the deli STINK!!! AND SHOP STINKS!

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: STOP AND SHOP STINKS! : I know that you can report homes with such smells to the Dept. of Public Health in Malden. Fat lot of good that's done...but I digress. Anyway, try calling them. Whatever it is probably is something that's not being disposed of properly and may be a health violation.
    Posted by hellgirl[/QUOTE]

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from hellgirl. Show hellgirl's posts

taxed2much: LOL! Frankly, the high prices of EVERYTHING in that store reek like a dead raccoon in the wall. That's why I always called it Stop and Rob - paying for groceries there is totally highway robbery.

Then of course, I moved back to Malden and discovered that it had an even more appropriate meaning when it comes to the store at 99 Charles Street!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Maldenlady. Show Maldenlady's posts

I also get the impression that Stop and Shop has something to do with why nothing's happened with that Super Fitness...I heard something about a no-competition agreement, which is making it tough to sell...