Thank You

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NewMalden. Show NewMalden's posts

Thank You

My Fellow Neighbors,

As you know by now, I unfortunately did not make it through the Primary Election. While I am disappointed by this, I know that my disappointment will not outweigh the amazing experience I have had running to be your City Councillor these past few months.

This run for office has allowed me the opportunity to get to know this city inside and out. It gave me the reason to walk every ward and take in all of our great neighborhoods. I have met some amazing people along the way and because of all of this I will not stay disappointed for long. I truly appreciate all of you who welcomed me to your homes and provided me with guidance. I especially want to thank my supporters; you have shown that you were truly ready for change and were ready to get Malden back on the right track. I look forward to increasing my involvement in the city over the next few years and hope that I can further build my support.

Thanks again for believing in me and for those that voted for me to serve as your councilman, I hope to see you all around town. 

Andrew Pepoli 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hellgirl. Show hellgirl's posts

Re: Thank You

In Response to Thank You:
    [QUOTE]My Fellow Neighbors, As you know by now, I unfortunately did not make it through the Primary Election. While I am disappointed by this, I know that my disappointment will not outweigh the amazing experience I have had running to be your City Councillor these past few months. This run for office has allowed me the opportunity to get to know this city inside and out. It gave me the reason to walk every ward and take in all of our great neighborhoods. I have met some amazing people along the way and because of all of this I will not stay disappointed for long. I truly appreciate all of you who welcomed me to your homes and provided me with guidance. I especially want to thank my supporters; you have shown that you were truly ready for change and were ready to get Malden back on the right track. I look forward to increasing my involvement in the city over the next few years and hope that I can further build my support. Thanks again for believing in me and for those that voted for me to serve as your councilman, I hope to see you all around town.   Andrew Pepoli 
    Posted by NewMalden[/QUOTE]

Thanks for fighting the good fight, Andrew!Smile Sorry you didn't make it, but you did it - and that's more than most will do or say.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Maldengal. Show Maldengal's posts

Solid effort Andrew. Looking forward to seeing you shine in the City's future. :) 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GetActive. Show GetActive's posts

Andrew, please don't go away. We need more people like you who will continue to stand up and do what's right for Malden. I hope you make this place your hometown for a long time.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from AnnieOMalden. Show AnnieOMalden's posts

Drew, I wish you the best of luck in your future attempts - and I hope this is just the beginning for you and your lovely wife. You are a credit to your nice Mom I had the pleasure to meet. Hang in there and look forward to the next campaign! 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

^ thats a person that will ruin you in Malden politics.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVCSparent. Show MVCSparent's posts

That is for sure.  You seem like a nice young man with a bright future do not get in with her crowd.  Keep positive.  She thinks there is a conspiracy under every rock. Just not healthy.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

The reason why you lost was because you have been seen talking to a group of people that have been trying to hurt the city for years. You need to walk away and try again next election. Get to know people who are not radical activists and befriend people that really know about politics. Not make up lies.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NewMalden. Show NewMalden's posts

Thanks again all, I appreciate the kind words.

Now on to the comments from Mr. Pats…

1 - I am 100% sure the reason I lost was not due to who I was seen talking to…as I am sure that the dismal amount of voters that did actually come out on Tuesday did not all see me taking to someone whom YOU consider a “radical”. The reason I lost was due to the fact that knew about 10 Malden residents when I pulled my nomination papers back in June. I just did not have the base that was needed in such a short amount of time. However, the fact that in 3 short months, and over the summer nevertheless, that I was able to obtain the support of 343 people…well that’s a win in my book. Imagine what I can do over the next 2 years.

2 – As a candidate and as a councilman it is your duty to hear the concerns of ALL residents’ whether you agree with their beliefs or not. They are taxpayers and they deserve your time. I do not believe in prejudice due to someone’s political outlook, this is America.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from anotherman. Show anotherman's posts

Andrew,

I wish you better luck and support when you run next time in the local elections. You seem to be a well-mannered, stable and politically astute individual with a good family background, and Malden is all the better with people like you.

As you stated, you will have time to build your base of supporters, sharpen your platform and ideas dealing with local issues, and connect further with the constituents in your ward and throughout this city, before the next round of elections is held.

Sadly, I won't be around to see you get a chance to be elected, but I wish you the best nonetheless from a current fellow Maldonian.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hellgirl. Show hellgirl's posts

Andy,
    I echo your responses! And I've never met you in person but your presence here swayed me. You don't rise to the bait, you're well spoken and your ideas' time has come.

I really do wish you the best next round. Whether I'm here to see it or not will remain to be seen but if I am (God help me) then you have my support.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

In Response to Re: Thank You:
    [QUOTE]Thanks again all, I appreciate the kind words. Now on to the comments from Mr. Pats… 1 - I am 100% sure the reason I lost was not due to who I was seen talking to…as I am sure that the dismal amount of voters that did actually come out on Tuesday did not all see me taking to someone whom YOU consider a “radical”. The reason I lost was due to the fact that knew about 10 Malden residents when I pulled my nomination papers back in June. I just did not have the base that was needed in such a short amount of time. However, the fact that in 3 short months, and over the summer nevertheless, that I was able to obtain the support of 343 people…well that’s a win in my book. Imagine what I can do over the next 2 years. 2 – As a candidate and as a councilman it is your duty to hear the concerns of ALL residents’ whether you agree with their beliefs or not. They are taxpayers and they deserve your time. I do not believe in prejudice due to someone’s political outlook, this is America.
    Posted by NewMalden[/QUOTE]

It is who you were seen with. TRUST me on that. One day the both of us will sit down. And I will show you how you lost A TON for backing.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from AnnieOMalden. Show AnnieOMalden's posts

Patsy: Sounds like you're inviting Drew into the "good old boys network"! Is this how it's done? I believe you on this one. That's the problem I have with Gary. Some of the people I see him surround himself with concern me. Makes me wonder how he will reward them IF he gets elected. And before you ask, there is nothing I want out of this campaign than a free trash barrell. I know Gary will give us a little 33gal one so no matter who wins, I win!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from AnnieOMalden. Show AnnieOMalden's posts

Gee, Patsy, now you have me wondering who you're talking about being careful who you're "seen with". I need to know as I may want to be careful who I am "seen with" that would muddy my reputation. I'm going to guess it is not who I'm hanging out with now. You know, those not in the club running the city now.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from KaysieMae. Show KaysieMae's posts

Oh heavens!  Just because you talk to someone you are in their corner.  Unbelievable that someone could say such a thing!  I for one think it's great that there were a lot of newcomers into the mix of this election.  If you really want to get real about it.....how about the house that has a Neil Kinnon and Fallon sign in the yard?  Now that's a once in a lifetime worth taking a photo of!!!  HA! HA! HA! 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from AnnieOMalden. Show AnnieOMalden's posts

Kaysie: I guess Gary put the muzzle on his supporter Patsy as he has gone too far this time and now bragging about how the club works. Makes me laugh Patsy thinks I actually have so much influence he is dictating to a newcomer to the political scene like Drew to stay away from me, of all people! Thankfully Drew is smart enough to catch onto what is going on in this city. Patsy also likes to forget how he dumped on Drew a few weeks ago and now is acting like a "mentor"! Run for your life Drew if anyone of these good old boys tries to "sit you down" to tell you how to get into the club. You don't need them to succeed. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

I was on Vacation with Scott Brown and Obama.

How you get into the Good ol' Boys network is hard. It is so secret I cannot tell you.