The Council is bypassing the State marijuana law.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from scootcha. Show scootcha's posts

The Council is bypassing the State marijuana law.

They just voted to allow for arrests and fines for use.

Interesting that they do it on the same day that this is on the front page.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/articles/2011/04/19/mass_court_limits_police_in_small_marijuana_cases/

Now lawyers can be kept busy and billable sorting out the new Malden rules too.

ETA: A follow-up story was added on 4/20.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/articles/2011/04/20/sjc_overturns_precedent_on_marijuana_odor/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

Re: The Council is bypassing the State marijuana law.

Told  you they do not have a Brain in thier heads, whose idea was the mastermind or are they just plan stupid.

Where was the City Solicitor on this Issue or was she never informed about the rule and the vote;

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JIRKYRICK. Show JIRKYRICK's posts

dont smoke and drive um okay, like its bad um ok...

now get outta my way and quit bogarting and pass that bong over here

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from goindownswingin. Show goindownswingin's posts

aren't there more pressing issues for the council to be discussing?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkDontTrip. Show WalkDontTrip's posts

Our prisons are over crowded.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from scootcha. Show scootcha's posts

I forgot to include the additional paradoxical aspect that the Council voted on this right after discussing the city charter changes which are intended to give voters a greater voice.  Minutes later - they then go on to pass this which in effect helps to undermine the will of the majority of the voters in this state.  It was wonderfully ironic.

Law enforcement is using local subterfuge to get around the new rules that they do not agree with and undermined their authority. The Council got played like a fiddle.

Maybe the minutes are not complete yet since there is nothing in them about it though….

https://imageserv3.team-logic.com/mediaLibrary/181/DOCKET_13.pdf

Just a note in the Ordinance Committee notice.

https://imageserv3.team-logic.com/mediaLibrary/181/SCAN0918_000_1.pdf

I also wonder what this entry in the minutes means….

12. TABLED PAPERS:

Paper #82 That the Mayor allocate $15,000 in funding for the new Malden Restaurant Association

...having second thoughts about the propriety of the arrangement maybe???

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JIRKYRICK. Show JIRKYRICK's posts

well, we will need the restaurant association to make Chicken , Broccoli and Ziti for our late nite munchies.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mayfoto. Show mayfoto's posts

Fine with me....because they sit in their cars and smoke in front of mine and my neighbors homes.  It's been a problem for a while.  One of my neighbors even found a pipe (used to smoke it) in their yard.  Don't want them graduating to shooting up and doing drug deals.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JIRKYRICK. Show JIRKYRICK's posts

graduating to shooting up?  Huh wha, and the next thing Jazz bands will be raping our women.....oooo those pot smokers

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from maldenrezident. Show maldenrezident's posts

If the police are having too much to handle kids smoking pot in front of your house, how does this council think they are going to deal with people calling about having a friend drop by from another ward and please don't ticket them? I know it's a little off topic but when they came up with the sticker program and "just call the police" when you have guests after 11pm from another ward. They can hardly keep up with the real problems we have with the junkies breaking into our homes and vehicles! And now the Council is again going against the will of the people (remember the trash tax ballot question? It only lost on a technicality they chose to follow instead of listening to the people. When will they learn? When we vote in people who WILL listen to us!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JIRKYRICK. Show JIRKYRICK's posts

why would they throw a pipe away, they are expensive and you have to drive al the way to NH, VT or Maine to find a headlines to buy a new one, they must have been stoned is all I can think.

Seriously, I dont think it is someone lighting up a bone, doobie, joint, spliff breaking into our homes. 

I do know that there where minors that where on a crime spree, some of Maldens less motivated students not exactly on the college track in high school.  They where ringing doorbells, no answer then kick the front door in.  They could care less about getting caught, they are minors, they biggest concern was missing their basketball that evening. You may have seen that story on the observer but they left alot of the details out and never did a follow up.  That was the one where the new mom was home with her newborn.  Luckily the cops where on to them.

Seriously, Pot was decriminalized because there is no evidence that it leads to harder drugs, or makes Jazz musicians turn to Punk Rock, heavy metal or Rap

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from WardWatch. Show WardWatch's posts

It helps society how?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JIRKYRICK. Show JIRKYRICK's posts

ah I think I get it, the stoned city council high on grape flavored blunts passed their interpreation of the decrim law to bring in more money for the city and the mayors speciall assistants law practice.

here the funny part , the original post here says
    "A follow-up story was added on 4/20."  hehe 420 how funny is that

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mayfoto. Show mayfoto's posts

In Response to Re: The Council is bypassing the State marijuana law.:
    [QUOTE]graduating to shooting up?  Huh wha, and the next thing Jazz bands will be raping our women.....oooo those pot smokers
    Posted by JIRKYRICK[/QUOTE]

Well, think of this way, they tell their friends that such and such a street is great to park on and get high.  Would you like them doing this in front of your house?  Would you like your elderly neighbors or young children to see it?  Why aren't they parking in their own neighborhoods and doing it if it's no big deal?  And there are studies that show people do in fact graduate to hard drugs from marijuana.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JIRKYRICK. Show JIRKYRICK's posts

I worry about the drug deals that go on in front of my house. There is potential burglury from these miscreants

I agree, nobody wants potential criminals hanging in front of their house. Smoking a joint is hardly a seriuos crime, but yep I agree you dont want people just hanging around your house, no matter what they are doing, they can go smoke it on the city hall plaza where like I used to ;) 

we should probably just go the next step and open hash bars....mmm candy bars

people smoking pot and going on to harder drugs becuase of marijuana is a myth from the same people that say white women will go crazy and sleep with  evil jazz musicians when they smoke a joint.  I like tater tots mmmmmm....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JIRKYRICK. Show JIRKYRICK's posts

oh yeh as far as my elderly neigbors,are you calling me old, I am only in my 50's.  And I may have shared a spliff or two in my day with people well into their 70s.... my microwave is beeping, I think my burrito is done

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JIRKYRICK. Show JIRKYRICK's posts

or are you talking about those same elderly neigbors that used to go to speakeasys to break the law and drink illeagal booze

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from scootcha. Show scootcha's posts

In Response to Re: The Council is bypassing the State marijuana law.:
    [QUOTE] And there are studies that show people do in fact graduate to hard drugs from marijuana.
    Posted by mayfoto[/QUOTE]

Even though that has nothing to do with the reasons given for implementing the new Malden rules, please submit links to prove your theory.  I will provide just as many to dispute it.

Gateway drug theory

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gateway_drug_theory

Using Marijuana May Not Raise the Risk of Using Harder Drugs

http://www.rand.org/pubs/research_briefs/RB6010/index1.html

Marijuana Not A Gateway To Hard Drug Use, Rand Study Says

http://norml.org/index.cfm?Group_ID=5490

Safety for Use: Cannabis as a Gateway Drug

http://www.drugscience.org/sfu/sfu_gateway.html

[That took about three minutes to compile]

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

To All;  Thursday and Friday should be interesting in City Hall;
     Received some Information that makes me feel good at what I did;
    Finally some city councilors should walk very softely this going to be
    fun to watch---like i said before some department heads should be looking over their shoulders too. Just an opinion or as said before
    a funny thought.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JIRKYRICK. Show JIRKYRICK's posts

guess I better start shooting heroin, I and everyone I know are not followng the government studies that say we should be using it. mmmm I lke donuts....

You can just easily google why marijuana is illegal, it all has to do with big business, taxation , and control under the government guise of jazz musicians are evil and will lead our youth to herion use and heaven forbid, immoral sex and the downfall of society

Next thing you know they will make unions illeagal, oh wait they are already on that road... oh look a penny

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from WardWatch. Show WardWatch's posts

Wasn't the shooting on Salem St linked to marijuana?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JIRKYRICK. Show JIRKYRICK's posts

No, it was about money.  If Marijuana was not illegal, there would not be the violent crime associated with it,  just like in the bootleggers days of prohibition. Marijuana doesnt shoot people, people shoot heroin, i think my blueberry muffin is tasty when warm mmmmmm

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from LastMaldenite. Show LastMaldenite's posts

Malden Rez so you are for the will of the people?  Your Councilor Fallon voted against her Trash Fee people last week when she voted to keep the same threshhold to override the a Councils vote.  The majority of people voting is not enough for her.  Yep she sure sung the praises of the people who got all those signatures and how she was for them and going to help overturn that travesty.  Then when she votes last week against them and to keep the threshold at the impossible number to ever meet nobody in the crew seems to notice. Left them high and dry.  How do you square with that will of the people vote?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from goindownswingin. Show goindownswingin's posts

you can always count on lastmaldenite to take it to a completely random place,,,as always...check out the title ....um ya, you don't quite fit in...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from JIRKYRICK. Show JIRKYRICK's posts

I want what last is smokin.....well he kinda did follow the subject, it is about the Malden government trampling over the will of the people. um right? This is just an example of them doing what they want and not what the voters want... I like pizza and ice cream...mmmmmm