top ten reasons to vote for?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from taxed2much. Show taxed2much's posts

top ten reasons to vote for?

i am a registered voter and trying to decide who to vote for.

There seems to be a lot of support here for both DF and GC but the reason to vote for either one seems to be a little fuzzy.

Can anyone out there PLEASE give me the top ten reasons to vote for either one.

I have read that none of them have applied for grants but seriously... why should I vote for one or the other?

no hype or slander .. just PLEASE give me ten simple reasons and help me make a decision.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

Re: top ten reasons to vote for?

taxed2much---Bottom Line there is not ten reasond because they never made a statement what they are running on;
    I feel the Gary Christenson has the Financial Background and has been elected before and been through the ringer once of twice;
    The only downside to gary is that the two Councilors that like Backroom deals will still be there and I do not trust them.
    The plus side for Deborah Fallon are not as much the problem is her
    taking a 47% raise at a NoN-profit organization and her relatives are
    political connected and she will hire non-qualified people for running
    this city.
    But both will not answer a simple question why did this City Council
    never look into the Grants I mention but they would rather go into
    the bond market.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from taxed2much. Show taxed2much's posts

Thanks, anyone more?

I think the bonds you are talking about were to buy real estate or improve real estate.

The grants are different right? They are for jobs and some road and sidewalk projects.

n Response to Re: top ten reasons to vote for?:
    [QUOTE]taxed2much---Bottom Line there is not ten reasond because they never made a statement what they are running on; I feel the Gary Christenson has the Financial Background and has been elected before and been through the ringer once of twice; The only downside to gary is that the two Councilors that like Backroom deals will still be there and I do not trust them. The plus side for Deborah Fallon are not as much the problem is her taking a 47% raise at a NoN-profit organization and her relatives are political connected and she will hire non-qualified people for running this city. But both will not answer a simple question why did this City Council never look into the Grants I mention but they would rather go into the bond market.
    Posted by Driver54[/QUOTE]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Educatedmaldonian. Show Educatedmaldonian's posts

You should go to the many events and coffee hours - go to the contact page on the website.  It's better to come meet him and hear from yourself. You can read through these posts, and it's very plain to see who has facts and who has nothing but finger pointing, old issues and NEGATIVITY.
    The thought that Malden could possibly be lead by someone with such a poor view of her own city is outrageous.  For someone who claims to be for the people, she sure has a funny way of showing it.  Taking almost 50% of the donations to her non-profit away from the people it's designed to help is disgusting.
    TOP TEN Reason to vote for Gary:
    1. Gary has the Education- Masters in Public Policy and Law Degree
    2. Gary has the Experience in finance and leadership
    3. Gary advocates for transparency and has proven it with actual plans and papers
    4. Gary loves his city and is very much a part of the community
    5. Gary brings people together as a LEADER, does not use the scare tactics that Fallon does.
    6. Gary has lived his entire life in this city.  He did not recently come back to use Malden as a stepping stone to further his political career as Fallon has.
    7. Gary is not afraid to go against the grain-

voted against 42% of the budgets (3 out of 7);

8. Gary voted against the trash bags 
    9. He is constantly developing policy to enact change- currently working on improving and making necessary changes to the City's Charter.
    10. Gary GETS THINGS DONE- he doesn't just point fingers and become combative for the sake of just arguing as his opponent does.

I can go on and on, but the short of it is, even if you don't agree with all of his policy, at least he DOES SOMETHING!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from taxed2much. Show taxed2much's posts

Well said. Did not realize he had a masters degree in public policy too. Very impressive list!

ANYONE for Fallon?

In Response to Re: top ten reasons to vote for?:
    [QUOTE]You should go to the many events and coffee hours - go to the contact page on the website.  It's better to come meet him and hear from yourself. You can read through these posts, and it's very plain to see who has facts and who has nothing but finger pointing , old issues and NEGATIVITY . The thought that Malden could possibly be lead by someone with such a poor view of her own city is outrageous.  For someone who claims to be for the people, she sure has a funny way of showing it.  Taking almost 50% of the donations to her non-profit away from the people it's designed to help is disgusting. TOP TEN Reason to vote for Gary: 1. Gary has the Education - Masters in Public Policy and Law Degree 2. Gary has the Experience in finance and leadership 3. Gary advocates for transparency and has proven it with actual plans and papers 4. Gary loves his city and is very much a part of the community 5. Gary brings people together as a  LEADER , does not use the scare tactics that Fallon does. 6. Gary has lived his entire life in this city.  He did not recently come back to use Malden as a stepping stone to further his political career as Fallon has. 7. Gary is not afraid to go against the grain- voted against 42% of the budgets (3 out of 7); 8. Gary voted against the trash bags  9. He is constantly developing policy to enact change- currently working on improving and making necessary changes to the City's Charter. 10. Gary GETS THINGS DONE - he doesn't just point fingers and become combative for the sake of just arguing as his opponent does. I can go on and on, but the short of it is, even if you don't agree with all of his policy, at least he DOES SOMETHING!
    Posted by Educatedmaldonian[/QUOTE]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from incorruptibility. Show incorruptibility's posts

Do you really think we are going to respond to a discussion set up under the pretense of an objective Malden voter.  This has gc campaign written all over....nice try though.

The fact that GC is for transparency is quite laughable considering his associations----Howard administration, former Middlesex sheriff, and the infamous people's advocate LOL KINNON..and let's not forget the Mayor's special assistant in court today for on mob embezzlement charges.

110K a year state salary as budget director...Is that a 40hr a week job?  Campaigning takes so much time...nice gig I'd say.

...nothing but finger pointing, old issues and NEGATIVITY
    another laughable statement from the gc post....since half your post was bashing DF

Sorry this is OUR campaign, we will not kowtow to the gc camp's false blog discussions.

FALLON IS THE PEOPLE's ADVOCATE.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Julii. Show Julii's posts

To Incorruptibility:

Based on lots of experience with your lengthy mud-slinging at the opponent tactics...(Deb Fallon wants to represented this way???), I don't think anybody REALLY expected you were going to respond directly to clear and reasonable questions about Ms. Fallon's education, experience, accomplishments, or residency.

These have never been answered. Apparently they never will be answered.

If she claims to have made Malden a better place for our youth....please tell us what she did!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CuriousMaldonian. Show CuriousMaldonian's posts

I just posted the following comment on another discussion so I copied and pasted because I am too exhausted to give you a top ten at 11pm:

I just wanted to reiterate Mr. Christenson's work experience and qualifications:

Mr. Christenson went to Suffolk University then stayed on to get a Masters in Public Administration.

He became a Budget Analyst and worked at the State House for years which is a low paying and difficult job that is quite demanding.

He was hired as the Budget Director because he worked 24/7 at the State House and gained a ton of experience.

He has been a Budget Director for over 10 years working with a 60 million dollar budget.

He had no family connections or assistance from anyone to receive that job. He got that job because he was qualified and the best candidate.

Mr. Christenson has earned everything he has by hard work. While working as the Budget Director he went to Suffolk Law School at night.

While all that was going on he managed to build a great reputation here in Malden working for the Ward 1 residents
    first on the school committee then on the city council.

Christenson is the candidate that will help city hall run more efficiently. Christenson is the candidate that has the qualifications with the experience to help the
    City of  Malden reach it's full potential.

Someone said that "Fallon is the people's candidate" well I know many, many people who are choosing the candidate that has been working for the people for several years not just one year. I am with the candidate who will understand, research, and propose ideas that will better our community.
    Fallon does a lot of advocating and supporting,
    but what does she do to really help.
    So far...... NOTHING.

The grants and figures that so many of you are posting about cannot be handled properly by Fallon. If you want a "game changer" then you better start backing someone who understands the game. The mayoral position is serious business that will affect the lives of so many and Fallon just does not have the experience or understanding to make any changes.  

As far as I am concerned...THIS PERSON is supporting the best person to be the next
    Mayor of Malden!

Christenson For Mayor!!!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Julii. Show Julii's posts

...as a parent, I'm anxious to know!

What I do remember is Fallon working VERY hard to keep 600 thousand put aside for the Malden Public School FROM the schools! She FOUGHT against all the other city councilors to keep that money away from the schools shamelessly!

Watched the meeting on TV with my very own eyes and ears....and couldn't believe what I was seeing and hearing!

So please, tell me the good she has done that will somehow nullify her grand efforts at taking from the schools what is rightfully theirs???

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from activemaldonian. Show activemaldonian's posts

Incorruptibility- If I were you, I would post my 10 reasons anyway! At least people could see them and judge for themselves. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from activemaldonian. Show activemaldonian's posts

Incorruptibility wrote- "110K a year state salary as budget director...Is that a 40hr a week job? " - see below for explanation on Salary vs Hourly payment.

I am not sure if this is a correct figure, but if it is at least he earned it!  Did you know that having a masters degree and being a lawyer with many years experience in finance makes you VERY COMPETITIVE and HIGHLY MARKETABLE?  Again, it so frightening the lack of understanding the Fallon camp has.  Do you know how many years of study and what the cost of higher education is?  Go and do some research of what these jobs pay- there has to be a benefit of earning a degree(s).  There is also a thing called "salary payment vs. hourly" 

Working as a professional with a salary, I have had to deal with these questions a lot.  When you are a salary worker, you have responsibilities you need to get accomplished regardless of the hours it takes you to complete them- sometimes you are in the office until 10pm, sometimes weekends, no overtime paid, but you need to get the job done.  This affords you flexibility with your hours (every hour accounted for- you can check Gary's hours to see how meticulous he is in recording them).   
    9-5 hourly employees- you work until the hours are complete and you go home or get paid overtime to finish. The hours during the 9-5 type of work are not very flexible.

You need to UNDERSTAND before accusing.  This is so tiring having to explain things all the time.
    Now- here are some facts about salary.

Deb Fallon
    pays herself a salary just under 90K from DONATIONS to her NON PROFIT!!  She is taking money out of the hands of the people she should be advocating for. She doesn't even have the experience or education to warrant this salary! 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from incorruptibility. Show incorruptibility's posts

He had no family connections or assistance from anyone to receive that job. He got that job because he was qualified and the best candidate.

Now THAT IS the funniest thing you have ever written.

REALLY...no connection at ALL to get the job in the former CORRUPT sherriff's office.  He has never held a private sector job.  Every job has been THROUGH his political cronies. 

All his appointments have been political appointments.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CuriousMaldonian. Show CuriousMaldonian's posts

Incorruptibility:

He had no family connections or assistance from anyone to receive that job. He got that job because he was qualified and the best candidate.

That is a correct statement and not funny at all just accurate information. 

Christenson went to school at Suffolk University on Beacon Hill and started his career in the State House with NO connections at all. Christenson sent in a resume, applied for a position, interviewed, and got the job. Years later he applied for the Budget Director position at the Sheriff's office by sending in a resume, interviewed, and got the job. When Christenson was appointed by the Mayor in 1999 for the school committee appointment (before he was elected to office 6 times) he had NEVER met Howard before. Christenson sent in a resume, interviewed with Howard, and got the position based on experience and education just like every job he has ever had. Like I said before...

You have some misconceptions about Christenson and I don't know where you got them, but you have been mislead.

He is the first in his family to get a Masters, Law Degree, or enter politics. He started low man on the totem pole at the State House many, many years ago and has worked hard for everything he has accomplished. 

Your candidate's last name is Fallon ...there are plenty of Fallons in Malden. I don't think your argument makes much sense and the fact you made the comment at all is the funniest thing I have ever heard. 

Christenson for Mayor!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from incorruptibility. Show incorruptibility's posts

All the degrees in the world will not disassociate gc from the former sherrif, the corruption and anti union sentiment surrounding the Howard administration, and let's not forget the support for his bid for mayor by ANTI UNION KINNON!  You can run gc but you can't hide!

Christenson's SILENCE on real issues that citizen's brought forward is deafening...Where was gc when there were REAL issues to stand up against, embezzlement in the treasurers office, SILENCE from gc, fire station being sold to the mayor's friends, SILENCE from gc, public safety in jeopardy, SILENCE from gc, a mayor's special assistant facing mob embezzlement charges and still on the payroll, SILENCE from gc, a secret park agreement, SILENCE from gc, city buildings falling apart, SILENCE from gc.

No guts for gary only silence.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Julii. Show Julii's posts

Incorrupt:

There are many citizens within Malden who would find your negative comments about Gary Christenson ridiculous. We know him for who he is, not who you claim he is. He is an honest, hard working, dedicated representative of our community. He is well educated and highly experienced. He has earned every position he has had and nothing can change that.

It's clear that you and your posse (as in band of bullies) need and expect your candidate to be reactionary, like Deb Fallon. Gary is thorough, insightful and accurate. He doesn't jump to conclusions as your candidate does on a regular basis, only to create chaos due to the lack of information and thought. That's Deb's job, and one she has done very well! If your idea of "advocate" is someone who speaks out before understanding, then that's what you've got in Fallon. And that's about all we've seen from her.

The last thing Malden needs is a reactionary mayor, with very little preparation or experience in city planning. That would be a disaster for all of us. Deb Fallon is not prepared or experienced enough to think of managing from the mayoral seat.

As far as your own tactics of name calling and ridiculous accusations, shame on you: you're stooping pretty low. Aside from it being embarassingly immature, your tone and comments are unnecessarily insulting and offensive. It's disappointing that Deb Fallon's strongest supporters are reflecting so negatively on their candidate. It doesn't speak well of Ms. Fallon.

What we all see clearly is that you are not able to answer the simplest of questions honestly and factually. When you are asked to provide basic information, you SPIN and SLING INSULTS.

Empty, empty, empty.

I AM CONFIDENT THAT GARY CHRISTENSON WILL BE JUST THE MAYOR MALDEN NEEDS.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from taxed2much. Show taxed2much's posts

I am not a GC anything. I live in malden and will vote this fall THAT IS ALL.

I am sorry to see that my question has caused some confusion ABOUT WHO I am.

[QUOTE]Do you really think we are going to respond to a discussion set up under the pretense of an objective Malden voter.  This has gc campaign written all over....nice try though. The fact that GC is for transparency is quite laughable considering his associations----Howard administration, former Middlesex sheriff, and the infamous people's advocate LOL KINNON..and let's not forget the Mayor's special assistant in court today for on mob embezzlement charges. 110K a year state salary as budget director...Is that a 40hr a week job?  Campaigning takes so much time...nice gig I'd say. ...nothing but finger pointing , old issues and NEGATIVITY another laughable statement from the gc post....since half your post was bashing DF Sorry this is OUR campaign, we will not kowtow to the gc camp's false blog discussions. FALLON IS THE PEOPLE's ADVOCATE.
    Posted by incorruptibility[/QUOTE]

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from taxed2much. Show taxed2much's posts

thanks, i was shocked to be accused of being a undercover GC person. all i did was ask a simple question so i could make up my mind who to vote for and instead of an answer.... i get accused of being something i am not.

[QUOTE]Incorruptibility- If I were you, I would post my 10 reasons anyway! At least people could see them and judge for themselves. 
    Posted by activemaldonian[/QUOTE]

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Educatedmaldonian. Show Educatedmaldonian's posts

Sometimes the silence is a good thing- Deb should try it sometime. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JIRKYRICK. Show JIRKYRICK's posts

so far all the non answers from the Fallon camp, whos family has been in power while the city has deteriotated, has me moving towards for Christenson,  AT least he can list educational and experience accomplishments without having to attack Fallon, 

All the Fallon camp can can do is attack Gary,  why is that.  I started another discussion asking what are the specifics for the downtown and crime.  So far neither has detailed them, but there are more reasons to vote for Gary rather than another Fallon so far, still not convinced until I see the plan for downtown though

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from goindownswingin. Show goindownswingin's posts

educatedmaldonian i agree..in fact....there are many who should practice that....furthermore...if anyone bases their political choice  solely on anything read here, malden is in bigger trouble than i thought...seek real answers to your questions people, not just the jaded opinions of 10 or so blinded people.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CuriousMaldonian. Show CuriousMaldonian's posts

Incorrupt:

So I guess you are now backing off the statement regarding my comment is a joke - "he had no family connections or any assistance." As always you reverted back to attacks. I specifically said he had no connections or assistance to get the Budget Director position. That is an accurate statement. He applied and got the job.

Your comment about Christenson being silent is the only thing funny on this discussion board. If you want to discuss anything with Mr. Christenson here is his information:

Follow him on Twitter:
    electgary

Call him at the Christenson headquarters:
    781-388-7910

Find him on Facebook:
    Christenson for Mayor

Visit him: 
    ChristensonforMayor.com

Write him:
    INFO@ChristensonforMayor.com

Also, if you would like to see him just go to any of the events in Malden. CHRISTENSON is always there supporting his community. He also meets with people in small groups and individually. I have a contact for you if you would like to set up a coffee hour to get to know the next Mayor of Malden. 

Incorrupt: I know you believe in your candidate, but I think you are hurting her by the comments you make. You should reconsider your strategy.

Christenson for Mayor!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Julii. Show Julii's posts

Incorrupt is definitely doing a good job of turning voters off to Fallon by attacking Christenson. It's typical, standard behavior for supporters of a candidate who just has very little to run on: "stood for", "stood against", "one short year on the council",....as well as obviously no large budget experience, no civic planning experience, no desire to make herself available to the public at meetings. (Fallon is an advocate for TRANSPARENCY? ....someone must be confusing TRANSPARENCY with INVISIBILITY!)

I look forward to Christenson for Mayor. He consistently proves that he is READY, WILLING, and ABLE!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkDontTrip. Show WalkDontTrip's posts

Incorruptibility and Goingdownswinging.....Hmmm.

Gary is the Peoples ADVOCATE!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from maldenrezident. Show maldenrezident's posts

Could you please explain to me what his reasoning was to bring up the trash tax to the council before Murphy and Fallon were on board, knowing he did not have the votes, to make sure it was tabled for six months? It could only be brought up during the height of budget discussions so they would raise the price if they wanted to as an answer to budget woes. Look how many tax and spend programs he is pushing now. Is the trash tax going up? Is that why Gary hasn't addressed it again? Is that why he's pushed for a 30% homeowners rebate? The government never just "gives" without making up the difference somewhere.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkDontTrip. Show WalkDontTrip's posts

He has talked about the barrels other cities have. So I do not think the bags will be in play any more.