top ten reasons to vote for?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gutclencher. Show Gutclencher's posts

Re: top ten reasons to vote for?

This is admittedly shallow, but Gary has a nice web site.  The color scheme draws your eyes in and focuses your attention.  There is lots of information and it is current.
    Gary's Facebook page is "open" and inviting.  There isn't necessarily anything useful there, but at least it's there with a lot of "stuff" on it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from goindownswingin. Show goindownswingin's posts

yes, that is pretty shallow....cast your vote based on website design and content.....at least you are not letting the "facts" sway you......hackattack, love it.....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Julii. Show Julii's posts

Guttclencher:

A candidate's website is one way they present themselves to the public. It's put out by the candidate for the public to view. It's one if the indications of care and attention to the public. It is by no means shallow for you or anyone else to respond positively to current information from a candidate!

A website is supposed to be informational. If it's not informational, and is not current, then it's not useful. It's just another indication of what to expect from the candidate!

Nothing shallow about your appreciation of a candidate's website. Though it wouldn't decide your opinion, it surely can add to, or in some cases as noted, detract from it.

Simple.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GetActive. Show GetActive's posts

Hackattack wrote:

Gary Christenson met Jim Dipaola when they both were going to school at UMASS Boston.  DiPaola got Christenson the job as budget analyst while he was the rep from Malden.  DiPaola was very close with former indicted speakers Flaherty and Finneran.  DiPaola got Christenson the job in Speaker Flaherty's Office. 

Gary went to Suffolk, not UMASS and didn't work in Flaherty's office. You clearly have some bad information Hackattack. If you're going to slam him, at least use facts.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Julii. Show Julii's posts

The screen name Hackattack actually has the obvious word ATTACK in it. The name was chosen by the blogger. Expect attacks.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from goindownswingin. Show goindownswingin's posts

im gonna vote for the best dressed candidate...i hope they wear bright colors i like bright colors......oh, and the best hair.....ya, that's it, the best hair too....duh.....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Julii. Show Julii's posts

Your posts add no value. Can you find another hobby?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from goindownswingin. Show goindownswingin's posts

while yours are so thought provoking and  provide such insight.....and why target me?, clearly mine are not the only ones that have no value.....it is loaded with them....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JIRKYRICK. Show JIRKYRICK's posts

a little humor is not a bad thing, and so far the answers from both candidates really give no other reason to vote for them, either on here, their website or in their responses (or lack of) to emails sent to them. Its only Malden, they cant tell me they are overwhelmed with emails from voters to answer emails.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CuriousMaldonian. Show CuriousMaldonian's posts

HackAttack: Gary has truly worked his way up the ladder. You are wrong and your information is too!

Dipaola and Christenson did not go to school together.

Christenson got the job at House Ways and Means as a Budget Analyst because he had a MASTERS in PUBLIC ADMINSTRATION. Christenson was promoted to Revenue Director then promoted to the Special Assistant to the Chairman.
    He never worked for Flaherty. He worked for Finneran then Haley.

The Sheriff hired Christenson because he had four years of budget experience at the State House and a MASTERS in PUBLIC ADMINSTRATION. I am sure the people Christenson worked for at the State House recommended him because when YOU DO WELL AT A JOB YOU GET RECOMMENDATIONS.  

As for the School Committee Appointment, he did not know Howard. He sent in a resume to Howard and met with him. Howard chose Christenson because he had a MASTERS IN PUBLIC ADMINSTRATION, 4 years of budgetary experience at the State House, and two years of experience at the Sheriff's office as Budget Director. Howard met with a very qualified person and chose correctly. Tracey Doolin is five years younger than Christenson, but she is friends with Gary's sister.

Christenson was than elected to the School Committee and after being on the school committee he ran and was elected to the City Council in 2004. Then in 2010 he announced his candidacy for mayor after serving on the council for 6 years. I think this is exactly what moving up the ladder should look like! 

Christenson did EARN everything he has and for you to say otherwise is ridiculous. I almost forgot...the fact he stayed home for a longer period of time was smart. He was able to pay for Law School because of his family's generousity. Actually many young adults are staying home for a longer period of time because of the expense of furthering their education. 

You really need to get your facts straight. I am speaking truths and you are trying to make it seem like Christenson has done something wrong. Hard work and education is all I see when I look at Christenson's career.

Christenson for Mayor!   

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Julii. Show Julii's posts

Thank you, Curious, for that clear information on Gary Christenson. You've straightened out all the "misinformation" that was dishonestly posted here by Attack.

Once again, run on the credits of your own candidate. Stop posting blatant lies in a futile attempt to make your candidate look better than she may be. You should be aware that it only succeeds in discrediting your own character as well as the character of your campaign.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from goindownswingin. Show goindownswingin's posts

great post julii, right up until you wrote "she"......that goes both ways, not just  for "she"...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from activemaldonian. Show activemaldonian's posts

I love to see when facts are quoted and not just opinions!  Opinions are fine when they aren't "attacking" but not every opinion about a candidate is an attack.  For goodness sakes, if I write "she is her own worst enemy and is spiraling downward" that is truly what I believe- where is the "attack"?  I did not write anything horrible about her character and I believe I never have.  I have writtin things such as: "I believe Fallon taking taking 47% of her non-profit donations as salary is outrageous" that is an opinion based on fact.  When you run for office, you open yourself up for public opinions.  However, lets try to keep them based on facts or at least civil.

Remember that other towns read these blogs and then you wonder why Malden gets a bad reputation.  Please try to keep it civil. Most of the posts are well written- keep out the childish name calling and post your candidates good qualities and if you must post something negative try to keep it fact based.

Humor is good- and I like reading the posts when people can laugh at themselves and not take it too serious.
    Now go have some fun!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CuriousMaldonian. Show CuriousMaldonian's posts

Your welcome Julii!

goingdownswingin: Are you implying that my post discredited my candidate and my character or are you saying that in general?

I truly try to use accurate information. I spend a lot of time making phone calls, looking up past articles, and sending out emails seeking information. I feel I have been respectful to your candidate while stating truthful information about mine.

Christenson for Mayor!   

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Julii. Show Julii's posts

The word she in my post was appropriate.

Support your candidate with her own merits and accomplishments. Cite her experience and education that qualify her for the mayoral position.

It gives your campaign and your candidate a bad name when outright lies are posted on her behalf about her opponent, Gary Christenson.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from goindownswingin. Show goindownswingin's posts

that sword cuts BOTH ways my dear......it would have at least looked like you were trying to be impartial, instead you're just complaining for your candidate so it seems...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LastMaldenite. Show LastMaldenite's posts

This should not even be a contest.  One is a headline grabbing propaganda stirrer.  The other works hard every day for this city for years and has a track record for bringing people together and getting things done. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from goindownswingin. Show goindownswingin's posts

and people care what you think lastmaldenite because?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from maldenrezident. Show maldenrezident's posts

What happened to Gary last night? He slid out of the most important public safety meeting we've had! For someone running for Mayor, you would think he would've had the courage to stay and at least listen to what people had to say. This is an issue which will certainly affect the next Mayor and yet he couldn't stay and hear the people who he hopes will elect him! Did he have to run upstairs and meet his hero the Mayor? What could be more important than for a Mayoral candidate to support those he toured the station with and came to the conclusion the building should be condemned and fire fighters moved out? Maybe he is also afraid of being bullied by Kinnon.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from goindownswingin. Show goindownswingin's posts

some say he had a peviously scheduled meeting....but i saw him at m.a.t.v. on pleasant street after the meeting ended......it appears, whether true or not, that he ducked the issue as not to have to make a stand either way....which, although looks bad, may have been the smart move, the meeting was a horror show, a mess for some malden politicians.......

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from activemaldonian. Show activemaldonian's posts

It only looks bad if you are looking for bad which is always the case with many of you.  He was at the Malden Zone on a LIVE interview which was scheduled months in advance.  Gary was fully prepared for TUESDAY's public safety meeting and when it was RESCHEDULED for Wednesday it conflicted with his previous engagement.

It would have been POOR FORM to leave the interviewer at the live show on Malden Zone with no one to interview.  Gary would never do that to someone.  At least he had the dedication to come to the meeting for the time he could because it is that important to him.

Deb was finally at a meeting and surprise, surprise...it was for the firefighters!  The only meetings she shows for are firefighters and her own.  She didn't even do them justice.
    Thank goodness Councillor Murphy was there.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from goindownswingin. Show goindownswingin's posts

the same response on multiple posts, isn't that spam?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gutclencher. Show Gutclencher's posts

Find out more about who is running.  Multiple candidates citywide will be be available to chat informally.  Hosted by John Robillard.

Meet the Candidate.  Franny’s in Maplewood Square on Wednesday, July 27 from 7PM to 9PM. Middle Room. Light Buffet.  Cash Bar available.

http://twitter.com/RobillardMalden

http://robillardnews.wordpress.com/

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from fugghedaboutit. Show fugghedaboutit's posts

4 votes to someone who would actually help a taxpayer/resident/homeowner with problems that currently are pretty unsolvable as they stand

4 votes to someone who would care about what is happening to our "neighborhoods"

4 votes to someone who will call or email you back

hmmm...so far no good