Traffic Lanes Faded in Malden

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVconcernedparent. Show MVconcernedparent's posts

Traffic Lanes Faded in Malden

Is there not enough tax dollars to have the traffic lanes painted in Malden?  With school starting soon, it would be in the best interest of the City to have the lanes painted.  Drivers not familiar with the city also have a hard time figuring out the lanes.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

Re: Traffic Lanes Faded in Malden

MVconcernparent---The money for that is usually comes out of the
    Chapter 90 funds that the city submits/applies for every year.
    Most cities have been doing this at night --everett and Somerville and Medford has done some streets and crosswalks.
    Ask Councilor Kinnon where the Chapter 90 funds are being used for.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

Driver, I think you can contact the LOL (Lighting of Lanes) in Ma. and they will give you a time frame on when we will get the lines painted. Most the time they do it in the fall. Or call information and get the number to LMAO (Lines for MA. Org) they supply the plastic blocks that melt into paint. Also STreet Funding United. They can help you out on finding grants for repairing streets.

They helped me in the past.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hellgirl. Show hellgirl's posts

Pats: "Also STreet Funding United."

BEST. POST. EVER. :D

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

They help in many ways

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from anotherman. Show anotherman's posts

Hahaha! Great post, Pats... Smile

I'm afraid that your sense of humor is lost on Driver54... You see, his mind is too dense... Wink

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

he might call them.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hellgirl. Show hellgirl's posts

If he calls them, I don't even know what I'll do. But it'll be epic.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

ToAll--If your so smart what are chapter90funds for ---seems other
    cities use this funding for that kind of work.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1775andStillaDemocrat. Show 1775andStillaDemocrat's posts

Frank, I want to give you some advice when you attempt to be the smartest guy in the blog.

Here it is--------the Internet can give you the answer you seek, and here is what Chapter90 money is:

State funds derived from periodic transportation bond authorizations and apportioned to communities for highway projects based on a formula under the provisions of MGL Ch. 90 §34. The Chapter 90 formula comprises three variables: local road mileage (58.33 percent) as certified by the Massachusetts Highway Department (MHD), local employment level (20.83 percent) derived the Department of Employment and Training (DET), and population estimates (20.83 percent) from the US Census Bureau. Local highway projects are approved in advance, then later on the submission of certified expenditure reports to MHD, communities receive cost reimbursements to the limit of the grant. Under the formula, communities with a larger number of road miles receive proportionately more aid than those with fewer road miles.
    http://www.mass.gov/?pageID=dorterminal&L=7&L0=Home&L1=Local+Officials&L2=DLS+Newsroom&L3=DLS+Publications&L4=Municipal+Knowledge+Base&L5=Municipal+Finance+Glossary&L6=Municipal+Finance+Glossary+(Alphabetical+A+through+C)&sid=Ador&b=terminalcontent&f=dls_reference_glossary_refgls_chap90hwy&csid=Ador

and

The definition from Mass DOT:

http://www.mhd.state.ma.us/default.asp?pgid=content/stateaid01a&sid=about

Here's the passage of it for this year:

April 13, 2011

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

If other cities are using it and we are hiding it, call the CIA. They will help you.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

First and formost I knew what the chapter 90 Legislation was and by asking the DPW in different cities they have told me that when needed that Chapter 90 funding is used to paint crosswalks and center lines on twoway streets and also Bike lanes but  it is used mostly for street and sidewalk repair or repaving.
    Oh I have upset someone in City Hall and also a City Councilor love
    my e-mail accounts;

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

Oh boy you upset someone huh? OH BOY JOLLY GOGGLE GIGGLE GOO!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

Again not one intelligent person wants to discuss the Issues seems it is time to criticize instead of trying to correct what is going on in Malden.
    LETS TALK ISSUES AND HOW TO SOLVE THEM

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

You can't solve them Driver. All do can do is rant. Ask normal questions.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

Pats2012-----Still you have not brought up an issue to be discussed;  Just  Like the Mayoral Candidates nothing gain and nothing lost; 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

huh?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVCSparent. Show MVCSparent's posts

Just went by they do need painting

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from maldenblueskies. Show maldenblueskies's posts

As I recall, Judy Bucci had to call for a vote in the council to have them paint the lines when they redid part of the intersection of Rte. 99 and Salem St. I would think that was part of the job when they repave roads and found it weird she would have to make a special call and vote on this.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

To All I Just received the Chapter 90 funds for the Last 5 Years now
    lets see how they explaining all that Money;

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from anotherman. Show anotherman's posts

Driver54:

You are so full of it. Do you think that the Mayor and Councillors are going to answer to you?!?!? Who do you think you are? God?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

anotherman---when you have the Law on your side they Have to
    it is part of the constitution;

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

Anotherman----FYI and Rest of your Friends The City Has received
    over 4.3 million dollars in Chapter 90 funding that iinformation was  sent to me from City Hall directly see what the law does.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1775andStillaDemocrat. Show 1775andStillaDemocrat's posts

Anotherman...ssshhhhh, don't tell him he is not that.....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVconcernedparent. Show MVconcernedparent's posts

Tonight I saw some crosswalks being painted along Salem and Milton Streets and just hope the work continues.