Trash Day Mess

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheVendetta. Show TheVendetta's posts

Trash Day Mess

I dont care what anyone says, Trashmen have one of the hardest jobs. 100 degress or 20 below, they have to run around tossing our trash into a stinking truck. I give them water in the summer and on holidays a gift (like i do the mail man).

But for the past two years they have been very lazy. I remember if they picked up a bag and it broke, they would take out the shovel and broom and clean up the mess. Now they seem to make the streets look worse. And the Blue bags are crap in my opinion. Cheap plastic that can rip if not handled right.

JRM needs to start teaching these guys about trash pick up. Clean up after yourself. I know its a hard job, but at the same time they are making such a mess around the city and when the wind picks up, forget it. Capital knows how to work. I give those guys alot of credit. But they also have lifts for the special big barrels the city gave them. Making it easier to keep the trash WITH the trash.

Anyone else see this issue? Or do I have a bad crew?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

Re: Trash Day Mess

Vendetta----call the DPW--talk to MR Manship ---he suppose have control over this contract------the city suppose to have spot checkers when trash is being picked other cities have spot checker when they get complaints. I HOPE YOUR STREET IS CLEAN IT ALSO
     LOOKS QUIET;

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CJs-Mommy. Show CJs-Mommy's posts

In Response to Trash Day Mess:
       I dont care what anyone says, Trashmen have one of the hardest jobs. 100 degress or 20 below, they have to run around tossing our trash into a stinking truck. I give them water in the summer and on holidays a gift (like i do the mail man).    But for the past two years they have been very lazy. I remember if they picked up a bag and it broke, they would take out the shovel and broom and clean up the mess. Now they seem to make the streets look worse. And the Blue bags are crap in my opinion. Cheap plastic that can rip if not handled right.    JRM needs to start teaching these guys about trash pick up. Clean up after yourself. I know its a hard job, but at the same time they are making such a mess around the city and when the wind picks up, forget it. Capital knows how to work. I give those guys alot of credit. But they also have lifts for the special big barrels the city gave them. Making it easier to keep the trash WITH the trash.    Anyone else see this issue? Or do I have a bad crew?
    Posted by TheVendetta

I don't know if it's a different crew or not, but after they pickup, we have to pickup trash that is left behind or blown from recycle bins or ripped bags.  Time is money and if they have to stop and clean up, it takes too long.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from anotherman. Show anotherman's posts

TheVendetta, Cjs-Mommy:

I had an issue with JRM's shoddiness in picking up trash one time last year and I called DPW to complain about it because garbage was strewn all over the street. It turns out that the call did work, the next time around they did a much better job and I haven't had issues since.

Give a call to DPW and make your statement loud and clear.

Best.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheVendetta. Show TheVendetta's posts

I agree that the DPW does come down fast. Seen it happen here. But in reality why should they? You make a mess you clean it up. Thats what I always have been taught. I really think Bobby Knox could be doing better things then picking up after JRM who we pay.

I think to recycle is good. Im against the bags being force fed to us. But I have to say, ever since we got these blue bags, I have seen more trash on the streets. The Blue bags are cheap, I use to use a couple big black strong bags and they never broke. Now I do not over stuff the blue bags, but I seen people who do. And thats how they break also.

All i know is i see more trash flying around then ever before. And its sad because its me who has to pick up other peoples (You name it I seen it) stuff.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

Vendetta----Again off topic--the Blue Bag is a Closed Topic what

we should be discussing is how to get our firemenand police officers

back to work. why are we following in the the MTFA agenda----

All this Foundation thinks is about PAYT---farenella is right not

one person cares how safe this is-----the people who run the

MTFA never put flyers out on the cuts and budget why? Maybe because they do not care------- now we are short firefighters and police officers and where is this foundation ---farenella is right this

organization is about itself only not the citizens of this city.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I agree those blue bags are crap.  I was a bit horrified at the price when I moved here in April.  $2.00 a bag???  But what really got me, is the previous tenant took her recycle bin when she moved.  I called and explained I was new to the city and needed one.  I was told I had to go to DPW to pick one up for $5.00.  I told them they are only open 8:00 to 4:00 and I am at work at those times and I don't think I should have to pay for a new one at all. They didn't care at all.  Still don't have one, will have to wait until I have a day off to waste going there.  Can you tell I'm a little irritated : )  But HATE the blue bags.  I think V part of the problem is what I do and I'm sure other people do is, for that price, I stuff that bag full to the top. So I apologize, I am part of the problem with them ripping I'm sure, but they are still made very cheaply. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheVendetta. Show TheVendetta's posts

lol its ok amber. You know you do not need a Recycle bin. You can run in or call city call for a recycle sticker to put on a spare trash can. And now you have a large recycle bin. Its an easy way out for the city. We should have got the large barrels like Everett has. Those hold alot and you can over stuff them because the trucks have a lift that pick up each barrel. But Malden will not do that. No money for them at city hall!!!

Toilet paper is so much stonger then the bags lol

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

How funny I wasn't told that when I called!  That is great and thank you V!  I came from Everett before I moved, too funny huh?  But to be honest, I would live in Malden over Everett any day... 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheVendetta. Show TheVendetta's posts

Yes everett is getting pretty bad. Malden is still nice. Every city will have its ups and downs. Good Areas, bad areas. Its how the world is now.

But yes get a recycle sticker. Better then the little crap bins that tip over.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

have a nice weekend Vendetta---when is your trash day-----
      Has farenella knock on your door lately--------
     hey everybody Vendetta was caught in 2 lies by farenella and now
      he will not show the people on here the pictures.
      I closing down my IPAD---Made enough money this week-------
     great week selling stocks ---------i be back Monday morning
     maybe---------------Vendetta do you know if farenella knows
      where you live?
     Going deep sea Fishing Sunday--with People from Work-----
     Maybe i catch a whale--As big as the lies you tell on here!

Sections
Shortcuts