Wait. Maplewood Has a Gang?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hellgirl. Show hellgirl's posts

Wait. Maplewood Has a Gang?

According to this article, convicted gang member Mendez was court ordered to NOT associate with any Maplewood Gang members. According to conversations I've had with local politicians and ranking officials at the MPD, Malden doesn't have gangs and those calling themselves a "gang" in Maplewood are a bunch of tween-aged wannabes who were a nuisance but harmless.

I'm so confused.

http://www.boston.com/yourtown/news/malden/2011/06/malden_man_pleads_guilty_in_20_1.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mayfoto. Show mayfoto's posts

Re: Wait. Maplewood Has a Gang?

Hell girl, Former Chief Coye told me the same thing...almost word for word.  Of course I did not believe him for a minute.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkDontTrip. Show WalkDontTrip's posts

Oh no a gang!!! Go into Roxbury, those are gangs.

Punk kids.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hellgirl. Show hellgirl's posts

mayfoto: Given the number of folks in my hood who are obviously packing weapons and dealing drugs, I never believed it either.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikexcore. Show mikexcore's posts

yes, it's more of a city district thing. Maplewood, Ferryway, etc. 

As far as "gang activity" goes, it's pretty much nothing.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrew25. Show andrew25's posts

I would have to say "gang" gets a few more readers than "tween-aged wannabes". Unfortunately fear always sells in the news.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from WardWatch. Show WardWatch's posts

In Response to Re: Wait. Maplewood Has a Gang?:
    yes, it's more of a city district thing. Maplewood, Ferryway, etc.  As far as "gang activity" goes, it's pretty much nothing.
    Posted by mikexcore

Tell that to the dead kids and all the people who have had shootings in their once quiet neighborhoods. Take a walk around some evening and tell us what you see.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkDontTrip. Show WalkDontTrip's posts

Ward Watch that does not mean its a gang.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkDontTrip. Show WalkDontTrip's posts

As far as Cory, Even his friends say Cory was shooting first. He was not in a gang.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from WardWatch. Show WardWatch's posts

You are 100% incorrect. Do some reseaarch on the internet about graffiti, then take a stroll around and see if you recognize anything. When this group of kids put a name to their group they created a mess that will take years to rectify. Go on Youtube and look up the videos from this group in Malden and tell me what they are doing. By the way you mention Roxbury in an earlier post, guess where lots of new Maldonians are from. Not Melrose.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkDontTrip. Show WalkDontTrip's posts

Whats it under on Youtube? I searched for Maplewood Gang and nothing came up.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from WardWatch. Show WardWatch's posts

Some videos are under the names of the kids who were killed. I will dig around for you to find what the others are under.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ward5. Show ward5's posts

I wouldnt want to believe it either, but tis true some scumbags in maplewood carry guns, have them hidden around and a few have moved from Boston to malden, and yes Virginia, there is a gang in maplewood, they tell you that because like the former PD Chief, they are in denial....they think they live in wellesley...actually they know they dont live there, BUT they want everybody else to think that malden ":is the best place to raise your kids".  Watch out for the motorcycle club "gang"...they make the mdubs look like alter boys....  even better, open your windows at night this summer....it aint fire crackers!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gutclencher. Show Gutclencher's posts

It's great to see the community coming together.  Some wonderful photos on the Patch about the 4th of July.  Hope they don't get taken down anytime soon.

http://malden.patch.com/articles/your-photos-ward-six-celebrates-the-fourth

Sections
Shortcuts