Ward 6 Residents - Name Your Top 5 Concerns for the Ward

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hellgirl. Show hellgirl's posts

Ward 6 Residents - Name Your Top 5 Concerns for the Ward

Hey Fellow Deep Sixers...

So, obviously the forums have been ablaze with opinion recently, especially over the Maplewood FS closure and the subsequent city meeting and proposals.

It seems like everyone is disenfranchised in this ward - and disenchanted with city leadership in general. So, for WARD 6 residents, I'm just curious:

What are your top 5 concerns/issues with the ward (not the city overall, that's a totally different bag o' nuts)?

And please...let's keep on topic. This isn't about Fallon, Gary C., the mafia, mysterious connections in high places, etc. Wink

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hellgirl. Show hellgirl's posts

Re: Ward 6 Residents - Name Your Top 5 Concerns for the Ward

OK. I'll start I guess. I voted other because I totally fat fingered the poll and submitted prior to adding an "all of the above" option. D'oh!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from overthere. Show overthere's posts

I'm not sure that the problems in Ward 6 are all that different from the rest of the city.

The crack heads are still breaking into houses all over.
    The trash and recycling still ends up in the street b/c we have woefully undersized bins and flimsy trash bags (nevermind the fact that JRM is incompetent)
    For the third summer in a row I'll have to deal with half assed road work where the entire street will be torn up for three months while the contractors only work on Tuesday mornings (they still haven't fixed last year's work by S#!t Job Bob LLC).
    The roads are in atrocious condition from the winter and they aren't filling any of the holes b/c they plan on tearing up the streets in the next few months. (YAY for front end alignments!)
    Speaking of trash bags, can those fancy new cameras catch the people that dump their full bags of household trash in the bins in Maplewood Square?
    Maybe we can get some signs up telling people about leash laws and picking up after their pets.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gutclencher. Show Gutclencher's posts

Other:   Kinnon

In Response to Ward 6 Residents - Name Your Top 5 Concerns for the Ward:
    [QUOTE]Hey Fellow Deep Sixers... So, obviously the forums have been ablaze with opinion recently, especially over the Maplewood FS closure and the subsequent city meeting and proposals. It seems like everyone is disenfranchised in this ward - and disenchanted with city leadership in general. So, for WARD 6 residents, I'm just curious: What are your top 5 concerns/issues with the ward (not the city overall, that's a totally different bag o' nuts)? And please...let's keep on topic. This isn't about Fallon, Gary C., the mafia, mysterious connections in high places, etc.
    Posted by hellgirl[/QUOTE]

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gutclencher. Show Gutclencher's posts

Maybe something can get done on ALL the other issues after we vote out our very own crime busting vigilante, Kinnon.  His patrol of the ward streets at night looking for perps, hasn't yielded good results yet.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hellgirl. Show hellgirl's posts

@overthere: There is one repeat offender I see all the time who walks their dogs unleashed and never picks up after them. I sympathize with that sentiment. Believe me.

I also agree that the problems are not defined by this ward alone, but I do think that wards should be able to set precedents for the rest of the city with the right leadership and citizen intiative.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVCSparent. Show MVCSparent's posts

Your Ward gets more money than any other Ward. That's my concern.

1.  Trafton Park all fixed up with new tot lot looks great.
    2.  Dog Park
    3.  Senior Speed bump with lights how much did that cost?
    4.  Decorations in the square in winter and flags in summer.
    5.  You may not like the camera's you got but can you send them down to the 7-11 area on Salem Street. You chased your punks out and we got them.
    6.  Now I hear the Bike path to see is going through Ward Six and Five tonight.
    7.  High Rock in Maplewood Highlands got bought how much was that?
    8.  South Broadway Park is going to be totally redone is what my kid yep at MV says he heard.  I know I saw somehting some time back but that is another huge project. 
    9.  Kinnon gets unelected by someone with no ties to city hall and the Ward gets nothing?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hellgirl. Show hellgirl's posts

MVCSParent: Most of these are, by and large, good things. I agree. Although frankly, the crosswalk is rarely used (and I drive that street daily) and the money may have been better served elsewhere. But I take my child to the tot lot; If I had dogs, I would utilize the dog park.

Item 6: Clearly you haven't been past the 7-11 or you'd know that statement isn't entirely true. Many of the "punks" frequent the Webster Street triple deckers too.

Item 8: Haven't heard anything about that.

Item 9: And if Deb gets elected? While Councilor Kinnon has not come out directly with his feelings of contempt toward her, they are more than apparent in his dismissal of her during meetings. If she gets elected, how do you think that will affect his ability to get things done?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nekoboo. Show Nekoboo's posts

I'll vote for Kinnon.   There is no way Robillard has a chance and as far as Mr. DeBerardinis he wouldn't even be running if he didn't hate the dog park so much and want to stick it to Neil Kinnon!

I also would never vote for anyone who has NEVER voted in a Municipal election in this city, EVER!   Oh except for 2007 for some lame special election.

How could I ever expect him to be MY voice, when he doesn't even vote in the city.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

I say crime. Even though the crime was not as bad as last year, break-in's are up. Reason why is because sober homes will offer free rent and drugs to those who steal goods for them. If the city and state cracked down on these homes, you would see crime lower.

Joe Gray. I am shocked you peeked your head out of the rabbit hole. Are you running or is Robillard running? Because you are hurting him so much.

So Kinnon heard shots one night. Called the cops and went to see if he could follow the trail. So what if Kinnon heads out to Trafton and makes sure the kids are not hanging around when the lights go off.

Does Robillard have any knowledge of how city hall is ran? Does he know budgets besides his furniture store bid? Does he know the ins and outs of crime prevention? Has he voted at all? Or does he just not care? Voting records are public record. Why vote for anyone who does not care about his community? He is just running because he feels it will be an easy win because so many are angry at kinnon. Many were angry at Bush, but they elected him again to fix the mess.

Voting in someone other then Kinnon will kill the ward. Then you will really need the guardian angels. More police officers will be needed for Maplewood and Robillard will serve less then his term.

So Joe. Stop with your lies and try hard to run a campaign. I think your the only one who had come out and made an announcement that you are someone's manager. Very tacky. No one cares about the manager, they care about the person running.

John will win the primary. But do not see that as a victory. 12 people at a rally? Be ready to be squashed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LastMaldenite. Show LastMaldenite's posts

I know my friends are voting for Kinnon.  They live in the Highlands.  Everyone thought it was a done deal that blasting was definitely happening this spring at High Rock.  Ask anyone in city hall who made that happen.  Nobody can believe it.   How about Elwell Street and Beachview Ave.  Never been done terrible streets and now they are done.  How about Hanover Street Flooding etc.  2 million going to that.  Nobody for twenty years could get anything done there.  Now lets be honest city has some crime issues no doubt but everyone with eyes no's Maplewood Square is like night and day from when he took office.  And lets not forget voted against those darn trash bags and fought like the dickens.  He lost but when he gets knocked down he gets back up and keeps plowing ahead.  Say what you want the guy gets things done.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

In Response to Re: Ward 6 Residents - Name Your Top 5 Concerns for the Ward:
    [QUOTE]I know my friends are voting for Kinnon.  They live in the Highlands.  Everyone thought it was a done deal that blasting was definitely happening this spring at High Rock.  Ask anyone in city hall who made that happen.  Nobody can believe it.   How about Elwell Street and Beachview Ave.  Never been done terrible streets and now they are done.  How about Hanover Street Flooding etc.  2 million going to that.  Nobody for twenty years could get anything done there.  Now lets be honest city has some crime issues no doubt but everyone with eyes no's Maplewood Square is like night and day from when he took office.  And lets not forget voted against those darn trash bags and fought like the dickens.  He lost but when he gets knocked down he gets back up and keeps plowing ahead.  Say what you want the guy gets things done.  
    Posted by LastMaldenite[/QUOTE]

Very true.
    He might be a jerk at times. But he knows his stuff.
    John will just sit asking and praying for help.

Joe how can you keep an eye on your ward? You have no windows. Go play your video game. You stepped into a cage and you do not understand the rules. This is why JR will lose. He picked you. You ruined him from day one. And this is not just my opinion. Many in the city, deep in the city know.

Also Hellgirl i am sorry if I got off topic.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from maldenblueskies. Show maldenblueskies's posts

The Highlands deal has not been signed yet. The parking sticker with color coded wards and a curfew is Kinnon's special project. He will push that through if he is re-elected. He was knocked down after all and you know he won't give up until he has his way. When will the ward get an accounting of the money he brings in for his 4th of July party at Trafton? Where does that money go? It's been 2 years since his last ward meeting. When in October will he have it this year?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

Wow money from the forth of july? Your digging deep trying hard huh? The money goes to everything that is put into the event, then into the wards account for next year. I am pretty sure it is passed on. Come up with something better please.

The sticker parking will not come back. It was not his pet project. It was more CS. And he will tell you the residents don't want it so they wont get it. Try again.

Lower Crime. Bring in positive events for community outreach. Raise money during these events. Bring back Saint Joes feast and pull a percentage. Use it to better the ward.

I am sorry if you all disagree. But Maplewood is looking better then ever. Yes you have your pockets of kids, but what area doesn't?

Does Joe Gray the guy running for Ward 6 know how to do all this? I am not sure if he can fund raise considering they posted that "We have raised a total of $200 dollars Thank you all!" Can he meet with other community leaders and churches to help put together a joint effort into making a ward a better place??

Does Joe know about the housing task force and how it is ran?

Does Joe know how to spot drug related activity and petty 15 year old thugs?

Does Joe know...I mean John know anything that has to do with politics? ANYTHING at all? You all want to vote Kinnon out? Fine. But this is not the year to do it. You would be better off having Driver then John and Joe.

And Joe do not get to upset. You just do not have any clue about Malden Politics. And you have lied over and over again. After the elections are over I will pin point you on every one of your lies you put into PRINT. Then I will pin point why you lost.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from KaysieMae. Show KaysieMae's posts

Clearly all of the above you mention and start a newsletter to keep everyone informed as to what's happening in the Ward.  I also would like to know where that money goes for the 4th of July (itemized)! 
    BTW, the tot lot had a lot of those kiddy items donated by the Joan Callahan Memorial fund; not all was funded by the city.  Residents of Malden and especially Maplewood Highlands donated a lot to the cause.  That's why it's a superb playground for the children! 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

In Response to Re: Ward 6 Residents - Name Your Top 5 Concerns for the Ward:
    [QUOTE]Clearly all of the above you mention and start a newsletter to keep everyone informed as to what's happening in the Ward.  I also would like to know where that money goes for the 4th of July (itemized)!  BTW, the tot lot had a lot of those kiddy items donated by the Joan Callahan Memorial fund; not all was funded by the city.  Residents of Malden and especially Maplewood Highlands donated a lot to the cause.  That's why it's a superb playground for the children! 
    Posted by KaysieMae[/QUOTE]

You need land and other things to start a tot lot. And Kinnon did that.

Everyone in the city knows where the 4th money goes to. The 4th.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1775andStillaDemocrat. Show 1775andStillaDemocrat's posts

neko you wrote: I'll vote for Kinnon.   There is no way Robillard has a chance and as far as Mr. DeBerardinis he wouldn't even be running if he didn't hate the dog park so much and want to stick it to Neil Kinnon!

I also would never vote for anyone who has NEVER voted in a Municipal election in this city, EVER!   Oh except for 2007 for some lame special election.

How could I ever expect him to be MY voice, when he doesn't even vote in the city.

A big thank goes out tonight for this public service message brought to you by the Campaign to Re-Elect Neil Kinnon. Obviously you did not have all the facts and figures or you would have given them to us in your post.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from maldenblueskies. Show maldenblueskies's posts

1. Crime
    2. Poor lighting
    3. No plan to build a fire station before park building
    4. Street and sidewalk repair-the middle of Maplewood Square has a huge pothole and uneven surface to mention one spot
    5. Traffic congestion and poor traffic flow
    6. No ward meetings except before elections

How's that for a start?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LastMaldenite. Show LastMaldenite's posts

This one is so easy Hellgirl I like you seem to be trying to not see the facts.  Your Councilor is a leader and this is what sometimes rubs people the wrong way.  He is stand up does what he believes:

1.  Ward has done small square initiative before it existed.  It is the most vibrant in the city.  That large charter school is good for business.
    2. First large roll out of surveillance camera's.  Now the city is rolling them out.  Like them or not that was leadership and your Councilor pushed them.  Crime way down in your ward and everyone knows it is.  Doesn't mean it can't improve all over.
    3. South Broadway Park is going to be beautiful 4 million dollars into your ward another brand new tot lot and ballfield and tennis courts.  Bowdoin Street and Newland Street area's along with South Broadway big benefit for an area long neglected.  Turf will make the field playable all the time.  This is leading.  
    4.  Meetings?  He had one for the Park this spring,  One for Hanover Street South Broadway a couple weeks ago that my cousin went to. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LastMaldenite. Show LastMaldenite's posts

By the way your question is loaded.  What stinks and everyone is disenfranchised.  As I have driven around your Ward it does not appear that way to me.  Lots of signs meaning lots of people involved.  Many think their candidates of choice are doing a good job obviously.  MaldenBS somehow thinks traffic flow and congestion are the Ward Councilors fault and something for them to solve.  Lighting?  really reaching.
    1. Lower Crime 
    2. Senior Raised Crosswalk
    3. South Broadway Park
    4. Trafton Park all cleaned up with Dog Park and beautiful tot lot.
    5. Hanover Street flooding solution big bucks coming in
    6.  Maplewood Square clean up.

Sidewalks need repair everywhere.  Your ward seems to get at least if not more of its fair share.

Ward Six Councilor knows how to work with people to get things done and the results prove it.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from maldenblueskies. Show maldenblueskies's posts

Last: That camera on the school never caught the guy who shot up Laurel and Salem St. No word on the guy who stole the flowers at the high school on Highland St. There is a camera on the side street that didn't show the guy going away from the school. Cameras don't stop crime. Ask the banks who still get robbed. The pictures aren't that clear anyway. Who monitors those cameras? Is that why Kinnon is on his computer all night waiting for gunshots?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MaldenPride. Show MaldenPride's posts

1.Adequate fire protection.
    2.A councilor who represents EVERYONE.
    3.A real traffic plan for the Charter School mess!
    4.Change name from Maplewood to Mystic Valley.
    5.Paint yellow lines and crosswalks.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

Maldenblueskies. Are you are of that investigation? How do you know they did not catch the man on camera?

Here is a piece of information for you.

They did catch a piece of the car. But because it is not on of the city cameras, it does not have full motion detection. Those cameras are just for the school. In my opinion it is harder to catch someone if you just have a piece of the persons car. It is still not a fact that the VAN was involved that day.

But since you are a cop (Or toss facts like you are familiar with the case) I think you should head back to the station and catch the bad guy yourself.

Again the Cameras on the charter school for for the charter school.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from maldenblueskies. Show maldenblueskies's posts

Kinnon used that incident to push for cameras all over the city. It proved nothing. Who monitors the cameras in Maplewood Square?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

Learn about who owns what cameras and where they are and who pushed them before you post. Because you look more and more like a fool. Fallon feeding you this stuff?