What does Malden need more of?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gutclencher. Show Gutclencher's posts

Re: What does Malden need more of?

Transparency.

Does anyone know what is on the City Council Agenda for 7PM this evening?  No agenda is posted.  Something smells.  Again.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

Gutclencher---Maybe it has something to do about the Article that
    is being posted in the Malden Observer and what was printed in the
    Malden Evening News; Wait till the friday article it should be fun;

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from taxed2much. Show taxed2much's posts

Better be good! Re: What does Malden need more of?

In Response to Re: What does Malden need more of?:
    Gutclencher---Maybe it has something to do about the Article that is being posted in the Malden Observer and what was printed in the Malden Evening News; Wait till the friday article it should be fun;
    Posted by Driver54

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from medavem. Show medavem's posts

I feel City Hall can stay in its place. Just take down the wall and set it up so people can walk into the down town area. But better shops will need to be set up. Some places that are open later then 5pm. And fix up the plaza area. Thats a pretty spot if they just fixed it up a bit better. I think you can do alot with down town. I am seeing more foot traffic in the area now that the weather is getting better. Why not have a shop with everything Malden? We do have alot of history. Malden hats, shirts, post cards (You laugh but its true). Bring Malden pride back. This city was once a part of Melrose and Indians ruled the land. Not many people know that. Education is a great thing. Some famous people came out of Malden. And in this store you can find info on great groups and activities in the city. Set it up near city hall. All the money goes to the city. Give it a shot, many other cities do it. Id love a "M" hat. But I cannot get one unless I join the baseball team. Im far to old for that.
    Posted by WalkDontTrip

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from medavem. Show medavem's posts

In Response to Re: What does Malden need more of? :
    Posted by medavem
    Malden was once part of Chelsea Massachusetts not Melrose. Moving city hall would be a big plus for all te bussiness. Dont know where your seeing foot traffick but after 6 pm the square is dead. Pople are afraid to walk the square. I grew up here and seen the bussineses deteriorate after city hall was put in. Ued to be jammed with people on Friday and Saturday nights. This is the age of the internet and City hall can be downsized.It need no be a huge building as it is. Open up Pleasant Street and you will see how much bussiness will come here. I also would like to see the ""BIG BOX"" stores like Wallmarts,Lowes,Home Depot.and many more.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from medavem. Show medavem's posts

seriuosly though, more cops and and a more diverse business environment downtown, but that seems to be what everyone wants downtown.  So why cant the city do something about it? If I see one more bargain, dollar, 99 cents, bizarr I am abondaning all hope for the square. Just did some remodeling in the house, now its time for some interior design stuff, furniture, art etc, guess wherer I wont be shopping for that.
    Posted by JIRKYRICK

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from medavem. Show medavem's posts

In Response to Re: What does Malden need more of? :
    Posted by medavem
    I totally agree open up pleasant street like it was in the 60's and 70's and bring in bussineses. Dollar stores are everywhere. YOU NEED TOP NAME STORES. We ned to bring back industry like manafacturing back to Malden. Stop trying to make it a bedroom community. We need the big taxpayers here,The big box stores,all kinds of industry.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Amethyst2. Show Amethyst2's posts

Big box stores...hmmm....I'm not sure about that...Route 1 has a lot of 'em...more access, more space, more inventory...

But stores that carried, say lawn/home stuff; houseware, that kind of thing would be great...just on a smaller scale?  Boutique, mom-and-pop?  It seems that Melrose has done this, with good result.  People wanna buy local, from people they know...

The Super Fitness would be great for a big box, but I've heard it said (through these pages) that per contract, nothing that goes in that space can compete in any way with the Stop and Shop...

I noticed that a new restaurant/bakery is opening up, right near the All Seson Table!  That's great!  I think it was hellgirl who kinda floated the idea of Pleasant Street becoming a higher-end restaurant/ethnic food area...maybe attracting a lot of folks who are just looking for a good meal will discourage the not-so-nice folks?  I'm a graduate of the take back the  night school of thought!

Thanks!
    Amethyst/Maldenlady

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from AnnieOMalden. Show AnnieOMalden's posts

Amythyst/Maldenlady: As long as the drug treatment centers are allowed to operate on Pleasant St and Main St we are not going to get the not-so-nice folks to move out or along. The council approves the licenses and allows for rooming house licenses.  We must work on removing the root to many of our problems otherwise we are putting lipstick on a pig.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hawthorne3. Show hawthorne3's posts

Anne you are so right about that! 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Amethyst2. Show Amethyst2's posts

Anne -- thanks for your observation...I wasn't really aware of that...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from goindownswingin. Show goindownswingin's posts

manufacturing back to malden? ya, we can open up the malden river and attract ships from all over the world to come and barter their goods...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JIRKYRICK. Show JIRKYRICK's posts

ah... the good old days of converse sneakers for free at a huge discount sold in the high skool

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

AnnieOMalden----Look who is on the Committee, which Councilors
    voted for them and than look how the votes were done, this all Public Records held at the city clerks office.
    Than look at what the State/Feds pay Malden in return for them to
    have these clinics and houses;

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkDontTrip. Show WalkDontTrip's posts

Annie I think the state controls those centers.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

Walkdonttrip------OOPS I already told her that your Late Chicken;

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkDontTrip. Show WalkDontTrip's posts

I think she ignores you. Diddler.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkDontTrip. Show WalkDontTrip's posts

Who Whitey?

Ill tell you all my dirt.

My Name is Dan Sullivan. I live in ward 5. I work part time at a place i will not tell you. I have three kids 2 grand children. I use to work for GE as a product manager. I have never been in jail. I am 5'9" 190 lbs. I like to bowl and play cards. I am a season ticket holder for the Patriots. I do work for my church.

what more you know? Make sure its the truth or ill nail you with slander.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from goindownswingin. Show goindownswingin's posts

crazy.....crazy for you.....love that song...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

WalkDon'tTrip & Goindownswingin;
     Read the Malden Observer newspaper page 10 my article appears
    there----I think it makes a point;
    had very interesting day in Boston-----tomorrow meeting with two
    political consultants on what I should do next;

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gutclencher. Show Gutclencher's posts

Better involvement of serious people wanting to better the city.

We don't have enough serious involved residents.

I'm getting weird vibes from the Globe here.  Some of my entries in other sections mysteriously disappear.

I'm going to work more on doing my own thing and posting less on here.  I'll try and ramp up some trash talk through the Fall elections.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gutclencher. Show Gutclencher's posts

.......Contenders in the various wards.  Today was the start of filing of  papers at city hall.  It'll be interesting to see who emerges in the various wards this Summer to take on the incumbents.

It's ON!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from LastMaldenite. Show LastMaldenite's posts

Got to agree with Gutclencher here.  Malden needs more serious intelligent people running for office.  Ones who know how to get things done. Tough combo though.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from fugghedaboutit. Show fugghedaboutit's posts

I voted for more Political Hacks. Because if it was not for them, alot of you people would have nothing to do. And I want everyone to get involved at some level of the game. lol
    Posted by WalkDontTrip

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

lastMaldenite---I am for change and listening to the Citizens even
    putting citizens and business people on all committees so that the
    council will have  voices talking to them on all decisions that concern
    the citizens of Malden.

Sections
Shortcuts