What does Malden need more of?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from goindownswingin. Show goindownswingin's posts

Re: What does Malden need more of?

who are the loudmouth crybabies ?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from goindownswingin. Show goindownswingin's posts

i'm a loudmouth crybaby? really?  did i hurt your feelings somewhere along the line andrew? gosh i'm so sorry....again, stay in school .....hear, not here, proofread at least boy.....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from goindownswingin. Show goindownswingin's posts

says the ignorant boy....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from goindownswingin. Show goindownswingin's posts

awww andrew, i am really, really flattered i am the subject of your posts...not sure what i did to deserve it, but wow, thanks....now unless you got something interesting to say to me...run along.....there ya go....good boy...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVInsider. Show MVInsider's posts

Andrew -
     Glad to see you are still making friends and influencing people! AND, picking on someone besides me!

Bet you are so proud of your idol and mentor.....KINNON! Must bring tears to your eyes...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrew25. Show andrew25's posts

Look who showed up! I didn't think you were speaking to me anymore. Wanna fight?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVInsider. Show MVInsider's posts

Andrews -
    If you are defending Kinnon's behavior the last few weeks, BRING IT ON!

Of course I'm still speaking to you, I've just been otherwise engaged.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrew25. Show andrew25's posts

Why do you think I'm a Kinnon fan? I couldn't care less. You just go way over the top sometimes and I'm forced to point it out.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVInsider. Show MVInsider's posts

Andrew -
    I guess it's a good thing I have you to keep me in line - or below the top!

Why wouldn't I think you are a Kinnon fan, you have constantly defended his actions regardless of the numerous conflicts of interests, unethical, deplorable behavior.

BTW, if I had known you where you were going for April vacation, I would've identified myself if you agreed to take me too! That is one place I've had on my list that I haven't made it to. Very Nice! And yes, I'm very jealous!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrew25. Show andrew25's posts

Amazing place and of course amazing fishing! It's funny cause we did have two extra bedrooms. Can you believe with my charming personality I couldn't convince anyone else to come with us? The invitation is still open to come fishing with me here! 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrew25. Show andrew25's posts

Gotta go MV...Shoot me an email when you have some time.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from AnnieOMalden. Show AnnieOMalden's posts

Will you two please cut it out? MVCSparent is going to think I have something going with A25 (the foolish one) and start his paranoid rants. He just cannot believe we are not the same person, mvinsider!LOL

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hellgirl. Show hellgirl's posts

Ugh. Just stop feeding the trolls and eventually they go away.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

To All--I thought maybe these boards could be intelligent and make
    people educated on what is going on in Malden. What this is becoming is name calling and stupid chatter---Lets get back into
    discussions that concern the citizens of Malden.
    Lets work as a team and fix our problems I know in my heart I am doing everything I can by asking tough questions.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hellgirl. Show hellgirl's posts

Driver54: It's simple really. There's an "ignore" option. Use it and their posts magically disappear! It's a nice feature that I've employed myself since realizing that Andrew25 is nothing more than a forum troll who posts only to get a rise out of people.

No value added? *poof!* Gone.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from goindownswingin. Show goindownswingin's posts

i just found that out hellgirl.......lesson learned...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Amethyst2. Show Amethyst2's posts

Maldengirl - yes!!  Loved your post...

Only thing I might add to that is perhaps a pet supply store and/or grooming and/or kenneling service; maybe a toy store for the kids...also, a mom-and-pop type bakery was suggested a while back...love those ideas!

Now, what to do about the vacant Super Fitness building?  Someone mentioned a movie theatre??

Nothing's gonna happen so long as people keep sniping at each other...let's get some concrete ideas on the table...

Maldenlady/Amethyst2 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gutclencher. Show Gutclencher's posts

Concrete ideas aren't going anywhere with the current administration in place at city hall.  Sniping is all we have left.

Any concrete ideas on how we move concrete ideas forward? What can we agree on?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hellgirl. Show hellgirl's posts

Gutclencher: Good question. We've degenerated as a public to resemble the council. I guess our elected representatives really are a mirror of those who elected them.

But if HellGirl were King/Empress/Overlord and Ruler of the Universe...or at least Malden...for the day:

I'd probably break down and have to be committed. Seriously? It seems more and more like one of those things you just tear down completely and start over from scratch rather than trying to put a band-aid on a burst main and calling it a fix.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hellgirl. Show hellgirl's posts

OK. OK. Concrete ideas:

Rip out the middle of city hall. Make it into a decorative arch for pedestrians to "enter" downtown Malden. Evict the dollar stores and junk stores and offer a competitive tax rate (along with T access) to small, independent retailers, cafe owners, etc. to attempt to transform that strip into someplace people want to go to.

Turn the empty fitness building into a movie theater.

Ban Hugh O'Neill's from having hip-hop night EVER AGAIN. What a horrorshow I got caught in that night...and never have I returned. Oh. Wait. Concrete ideas. Right. Moving on...

Get a music venue in there that does something besides horrible 90's New Metal cover bands or hip-hop/rap to attract a more diverse crew to the area. I'm not saying get rid of the venues that already serve these demographics, but add something for the rest of us.

Market the hell out of it using social media (this may mean having to bring city leaderhip into the late 1990's technologically - baby steps, people...), the T, the works.

Police the area, keep it clean and push the thugs out.

So that's for revitalization. My concrete idea if I were King for a Day.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from goindownswingin. Show goindownswingin's posts

hellgirl at hip hop night? i just got a bad visual....:)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JIRKYRICK. Show JIRKYRICK's posts

Am I to surmise that Andrew thinks all is well with the deplorable and deteriorating condition of Malden Center and asking our city council and no show Mayor to do something about it is whining? 

I would love to be able to spend my money in Malden on some new itmes for the house after some remdoling, Andrew, any good ideas where in Malden to do this? 99 cents store? Family dollar? dollar bargain?  Achmeds bargain tent and money transfer? Ace?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from hellgirl. Show hellgirl's posts

goindownswingin: It happened when I wasn't looking. No lie. There were were, drinking our drinks with a bunch of yuppies and artsy types, listening to some hipster stuff on Pandora being piped in...and all of a sudden, the lights went off, the THUMP went up, some chick tried to push me out of my seat, the place got thronged with drug dealers and other assorted salient folk...and we got the hell outta dodge.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gutclencher. Show Gutclencher's posts

I like the "tossing out city hall and putting in some decorative arches" idea.  I like that.  Give visitors and tourists something big to "see" in downtown Malden and develop more upscale and interesting reasons for people to spend "time" in Malden Center.
    We could argue about the type of arches and come to a consensus.
    We could argue about where to relocate city hall and then make it happen, not just talk.
    Maybe a bright lively permanent ferris wheel to start anchoring the place.  I loved the giant ferris wheel in downtown Chicago. 
    Come on people.  Think.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

Gutclencher---This Morning i met with a professor and few students& professor about grant writers these were from Harvard

University they show me that City of Malden had a chance to apply
    for up to 40 different types of Federal Grants since 2008 & 2009
    but never applied. Then they explained that this city council and
    Mayor has no Grant writers in this City Administration causing Malden
    to lose millions of dollars that could of improved this city, than they
    explained that right now the city of Malden can apply for 5 different
    Grants to build a new fire station and equipment needed for the
    Fire Station. When will this City Council ask for help or are they
    afraid of this Mayor.Cool