Whats with all the breaking and entering reports, no crime problem in Malden

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JIRKYRICK. Show JIRKYRICK's posts

Whats with all the breaking and entering reports, no crime problem in Malden

I just looked on Malden Patch,seems there are weekly at least  3 attempted breaking and entering, and that is just a sampling.  I  know some law enforcement officers and one told me that a few weeks ago, about an incedent where the perps kicked in a front door while a school age girl was home.

This cop is getting ready to sell his home becuase the crime in Malden is getting ridiculous.

What are the candidates going to do about this since the current mayor is so blind to this that he has an organized crime member as a special assistant.  His mantra and the chief is there is no crime problem ibn Malden.

I really think they need to take a seriuos look at the section 8 number of units in this city.  The crime is getting out of control and I am geting ready to sell just to get out of Malden. (being hte victim of numerous attpemts to break in to my home and looting on my property)

This city used to be relatively safe.  Forget about telling me this is what an Urban City is like.  If this cultural diversity and affordable living count me outta here.

Mayoral candidates, get your head out of your *** and hire more police and lets stop building large apartment buidlings and do something about affordable Malden

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

Re: Whats with all the breaking and entering reports, no crime problem in Malden

Happens in alot of cities. The house next door to my Father in Saugus was broken into three times in a week. They will not break into his house because he has four large dogs that like to eat people and plus the big motocycles that come and go might scare them off.

I think we should all have a large lion as a pet. No one will come near your house with a Lion sitting out front. lol. You might not get mail either, but thats ok.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JIRKYRICK. Show JIRKYRICK's posts

Re: Whats with all the breaking and entering reports, no crime problem in Malden

Well I have the motorcycles but no dogs.  hmmm.  Dont really want the responsibility of a dog though,  Still,  this was not a problem until maybe the past 5 years or so.  I lived in Malden all my life and all of a sudden the past few years I had attempted breakins etc.  What has changed in Malden in the past 5 years to make this happen? Like I said before, it certainly cant help when the special asitant to the mayor is an indicted organized crime member, shows you where his head is at

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from anotherman. Show anotherman's posts

Hey Jirkyrick,

Forget about the lame-duck mayor Howard, I've long ago decided not to harp on this matter anymore, no use in beating a dead horse.

As for the mayoral candidates, that's a different story, as I would like to know what is their agenda in cleaning up this city and making it safer to live in for its law-abiding residents. I haven't heard a thing from either the GC or Fallon camp regarding what they intend to do to restore Malden's image and flush away the vermin.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JIRKYRICK. Show JIRKYRICK's posts

As far as I know they are plannig a new apartment buidling across from stop and shop.  Cuz we dont have enough places for the vermin to move into. arrgghhhh.  Do we really need another place like a high rise apartment building in Malden to bring in even more crime?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

First---If I was in the race---I would ask the chief to start putting officers walking beats and open community policing sub stations;
    But this has to a mutual agreement with a new mayor--most cities
    arpund us have walking patrols weather permitting, some have even officers riding bikes ---these programs have federal and state funding with them ---it is called Public Safety ---Understand this
    City Council and Lame duck Mayor have done not onr thing to hire
    new firefighters even after the Chief told them only one of the Laid
    Off firefighters are returning both bodies of government are doing nothing but taking a vacation forgetting about the citizens of Malden.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

The reason I withdrew was someone threaten my family because I was in the race and was advocating changes at the city council and
    make everything done in chambers open to the public.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

Crime has gone up all over the country if your look at stats. Since 2001 and 2008 we have seen a large job loss. This causes crime. I do not think this has nothing to do with the city, its all over.

And its not about Charlie either. His time is up.

If you go to Gary Christensons site he talks about crime. Call his office. I did. The plan sounds great.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

In Response to Re: Whats with all the breaking and entering reports, no crime problem in Malden:
    [QUOTE]First---If I was in the race---I would ask the chief to start putting officers walking beats and open community policing sub stations; But this has to a mutual agreement with a new mayor--most cities arpund us have walking patrols weather permitting, some have even officers riding bikes ---these programs have federal and state funding with them ---it is called Public Safety ---Understand this City Council and Lame duck Mayor have done not onr thing to hire new firefighters even after the Chief told them only one of the Laid Off firefighters are returning both bodies of government are doing nothing but taking a vacation forgetting about the citizens of Malden.
    Posted by Driver54[/QUOTE]

1) They have a seasonal walking beat in Maplewood and Newland area.

2) With the less Police the city is able to afford, I think it is better them to be in cars.

3) Even though they are on Vacation does not mean they are not helping the residents.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JIRKYRICK. Show JIRKYRICK's posts

So people that lost a job and own a home are the people breaking and entering?  Don't think so.  A lot if is kids in high school that have never worked and probably are never going to work because they are to busy playing basketball and doing crimes.  But it not all of it.  How do I know, because a police officer I know told me about one the criminals that they caught and he was more worried about missing his evening basketball game and was pissed about it,  They caught him in the act after he kicked a door in.

take what you want from it, its the low income , no future, dont want to work class that is a large part of the problem , which Malden helped to create with its keep Malden affordable movements and section 8 housing. 

Some section 8 I can see, there are some legitimate reasons. But when you have to much and all you attracting to live in your community are criminals from other cities, you have to do something as a Mayor.

Sounds elitist I am sure, but I am just a working stiff middle class guy trying to raise my family in a safe city and hope when I get home that it has not been burglarized yet. Or worse they decide to break n while we are home.

We have a mayor that wanted to cut the police force, thankfully that dumn@@@ is gone.  Hopefully the new mayor will hire more cops and get the chief to come up with a real plan rather saying there is no serious crime problem in Malden

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

You look at the police reports and most are people from other cities. And a criminal could own a house and have kids. Losing a job and not able to find another will lead them to do anything to feed the family they have.

But you are also right. It is lazy punks that do not want to go out and work at burger king because it might ruin how friends look at them. I worked since I was 12 years old. I earned my money and what i had as a kid. These kids would rather "Hustle" and steal.

I blame some parents also. They do the same things and the kids follow.

I do not think we have a crime problem. I feel same here. Maybe it is my street. Its quiet. I think Revere has a serious problem. Listen to them on the scanner. WOW last night they got a call for a guy fist fighting a fence. For some sick reason I would have loved to have seen that.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

Pats2012----Community Policing works -----But the new Mayor has to Hire More police officers and a find a chief that thinks like other
    chiefs around do---talking to the community, walking a beat every
    so often to hear what the citizens have to say----
    We need officiers walking beats during the day and early evening seeing them make the citizens feel safe and it opens up a dialogue for both the police and citizens to have.
    LOOK it is simple this Mayor is a lame duck and does not care I asked
    about the future of Malden----It is time to make changes and the citizens can do that in this election. I know community policing works
    because I see it in Somerville & cambridge and see the officers
    walking the streets and riding bikes. Why can't malden do the same?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

How many police does these others have compared to Malden. I agree we need old fashion beat cops. But if they only have 7 cars for example, a shift, I would rather have them in cars.
    You have two issues that means you got one car to cover the city. Now if they walked...might put some cops in danger.

We do need police, but the funding we can not get. If we hire five cops now, we will have to lay them off in a year. No funding No Cops.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from enough. Show enough's posts

This City needs more Cops on the street. The ones they have do a great job, but, they need more MANPOWER !!!!!!!!!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hellgirl. Show hellgirl's posts

Driver54: "If I was in the race..." Well, you're not. So drop it. We're sick of hearing it.

Pats2012: I posted in the comments on an actual article here last year that the average number of officers across the US in cities the size of Malden is 2.3 (yay for a third of an officer?) per 1,000 residents. I think it worked out that Malden had 1 officer per 1,000 residents. So, yeah. Manpower issues anyone?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

Hellgirl---All I was trying to say is that if the City Council will not act on these problems change is needed ---Community Policing is a two
    Way Street where the citizens can trust the police and the police trust the information they ewceive from the police. The City Council
    and Mayor should be looking into funding for this type programing.
    But they took the Summer Off and put the citizens of Malden at risk.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from cantbreath. Show cantbreath's posts

In Response to Re: Whats with all the breaking and entering reports, no crime problem in Malden:
    [QUOTE]As far as I know they are plannig a new apartment buidling across from stop and shop.  

Just FYI, they are planning towers, with an s, for that site. Latest news:
    the public hearing regarding the new zoning downtown (the RIO-b) was tabled pending a traffic study.  The traffic study was given to the  Planning Board, City Council, Mayor and Malden Redevelopment Authority on July 13.  The consultant who prepared the study will present it at a public hearing on October 12 and will answer questions.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JIRKYRICK. Show JIRKYRICK's posts

more crime coming to Malden brought you by our Mayor and his organzied crime assistant

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from fscib52. Show fscib52's posts

Pats, are you sure your house is in Malden? There is no crime problem here? I stopped at Mount Vernon's for some wine. I had to pass a group of 10 to 12 shady looking creepes. Alot of talk and hunging, not much english spoken, just looking for trouble.
    similar group at the bus stop in Linden Square. And another similar group over by Flourence St.
    Stupid me, I continue to park my car in my driveway and forget to lock the doors. I have lost (4) company cameras, a GPS, about $50 in change, and (3) pairs of sun glasses.
    I called MPD only once. They could not do anything after the fact.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

I live on Waite street. I have to admit I feel safe on my street. What is happening in other areas I do not see. And I do not see much because I work alot.

I know break-ins happen. But they do in Winchester also that is a rich area. It happens all over.

I work in Boston so I guess I am use to the Thugs and Whinos that gather infront of stores.

Now if we have 1 cop per 1000 residents, that is an issue. Since the city can not pay for more help, and the grants will not help us, the state needs to step in.

I do feel more happens in the city and is not reported or put on record.

And Driver. City Hall went on vacation. But many still work. You can call them. It is not like they ran away and we are at risk. When was the last time you saw a city worker make an arrest? Your just a bitter old man trying to scare people. But it does not work because what you say sounds dumb.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

Pats2012 ---I am a bitter old man yeah your right, all i did was show
    the citizens of Malden that Police walking beats make the city some
    what safer, I also pointed out other cities around us have community  policing programs which work also. If I scared anyone good but I was being honest----When Police walk beats they get to know the citizens and hear the chatter on the streets and also notices the
    drug deals that police riding in cars sometimes miss.
    The only bitter thing I have going is this city (mayor & city Council)
    elected officials have done nothing all summer when it seemed that
    did not care about the citizens of this fine city.
    Tomorrow there is a New Fire Station meeting and I am willing to say
    not one word will be printed about is said or where they are in the
    planning of this Station. Than there is the rehiring or hiring of new
    Firefighters seems it is on the Back Burner again I wonder why and
    where is our Mayor Candidates and Councilors on this Matter not
    one word. This is a disgrace for a City and its residents. 
    Oh the other cities who received the Grant in Massachusetts have
    already started the process in hiring more Firefighters.
    Market had another Terrible day---down over 760 Points for the
    first 3 days this week, My nephew still thinks the worse is yet to
    come ahead of because of how this super committee is being set
    up.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

Nothing is on the back burner. Every city has a down time in the summer. And we do not have enough police or money to fund walking beats. But we have two in the city, maplewood and newland street. (That i know of).

You did not even try to run. Your a joke.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from overthere. Show overthere's posts

[QUOTE]Pats, are you sure your house is in Malden? There is no crime problem here? I stopped at Mount Vernon's for some wine. I had to pass a group of 10 to 12 shady looking creepes. Alot of talk and hunging, not much english spoken, just looking for trouble. similar group at the bus stop in Linden Square. And another similar group over by Flourence St. Stupid me, I continue to park my car in my driveway and forget to lock the doors. I have lost (4) company cameras, a GPS, about $50 in change, and (3) pairs of sun glasses. I called MPD only once. They could not do anything after the fact.
    Posted by fscib52[/QUOTE]

Honestly? The areas you're referring to have been that way for a LONG time. It's exactly how I remember it from 20 years ago growing up in Malden.

I'm irritated that I'm starting to see hand to hand transactions in my neighborhood in broad daylight. Also have to deal with the new pederast on Garden. It's like the beat cop in Maplewood just pushed all the DB's up into the residential area.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from fscib52. Show fscib52's posts

What is pederast?
    I'm in Linden. Shootings, stabbings, fighting, robberies. Linden square has become dangerous. Judy B. is a very nice lady, and she has my support, but she pissed me off with that blue bag backing. I will talk to her before election time.
    I have a big family in Malden. everyone knows us, but these youngsters have no repect. They know my kids, but they still do not care about anyone or anything.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

Was was the last shooting? Last year. When was there a Shooting in Linden? When Bobby Sergy got shot and lived in the early 90s? When was the last fight? Drunks outside Morrisons that happen every month? I grew up on Oliver Street. Linden is more quiet now then it was in the 90s. Most the shootings happened in the Maplewood area. And I have not heard a word on this kind of crime since.