When did it become OK

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GeorgeVak. Show GeorgeVak's posts

When did it become OK

When did it become OK for City DPW employes to bring City trucks and equipment home to do work on their property? Not only during the normal work day but on Sundays as well. My first guess is NEVA.
    But still I see it happen on a regular basises. Middle of the work day evening and yes even on a Sunday morning. I'm sure this guy is getting over time for his personal yard work projects. Can anyone in the DPW respond to this or is it just a perk of the job, and since everyone does it the rest of us should just look the other way.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

Re: When did it become OK

How I understand the rule those vehicles can not be taken home and
    used for their own purpose maybe it time to fire these political hacks
    and hire people who know their responsibility starting with the head of the DPW also fired for letting it happening on the taxpayer dime.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkDontTrip. Show WalkDontTrip's posts

Depends on the situation.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVCSparent. Show MVCSparent's posts

It certainly does depend

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from laurie19. Show laurie19's posts

Don;t forget about the "school vans" zooming around Malden on Sundays....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkDontTrip. Show WalkDontTrip's posts

Sunday School

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVCSparent. Show MVCSparent's posts

Haven't seen those

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GeorgeVak. Show GeorgeVak's posts

Give me a situstion when it is OK. Cause I can't think of any right now.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from maldenrezident. Show maldenrezident's posts

laurie19: Those vans you see belong to companies who have contracts with the city/state to transport students. They allow their drivers to take home the vans and allow some personal use. I have more of a problem with the city owned SUV's everyone drives whether they need that kind of gas guzzler or not. The "fleet" is out of control and must be reviewed to see what we can do to save money and be more environmentally friendly.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from firstshirt. Show firstshirt's posts

Before you sling arrows,what plate number, color truck,plate number?Makes a difference which department it belongs to.Every vehicle doesn't belong to the DPW.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MaldenSenior. Show MaldenSenior's posts

Do all the complaints get cleared thru the Ward City Councillors?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ward5. Show ward5's posts

After hours there needs to be an on call team to respond to water leaks in the street, tree's down ect... Thats why you may see DPW vehicles after hours at private houses.  If they were using City equipment to work in their own property a picture would be worth a thousand.....  BUT, I would have to believe what you saw was an on call guy with his service vehicle in his driveway to respond to calls for service after hours. At least what I hope thats what you saw.....  They have some pretty hard workers down there, I would hate to see there work tarnished by a few. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from firstshirt. Show firstshirt's posts

Nobody has an on call vehicle at home so come forward with the information if it bothers you or bring it to the powers that be.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LastMaldenite. Show LastMaldenite's posts

Yes bring it forward and expose the issue

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from firstshirt. Show firstshirt's posts

Must not really be an issue because you didn't have a comeback.If your going to bring this to peoples attention step up to the plate and inform us.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from GeorgeVak. Show GeorgeVak's posts

Seems since I posted this issue I haven’t seen a DPW truck or any other city related vehicle at this location. Maybe he saw the post and is now behaving himself. The fact is I saw a privet contractor at this residence just last week.

BTW I don’t spend a lot of time on this site, I have a job and lots of other things to occupy my life.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVCSparent. Show MVCSparent's posts

Cool

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from firstshirt. Show firstshirt's posts

Could be your not George but someone else!Wonder who?

Sections
Shortcuts