Where are the reporters?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WardWatch. Show WardWatch's posts

Where are the reporters?

Just happy news on boston.com now. No more reports about what is happening in the city, just murals and what people are getting paid.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hellgirl. Show hellgirl's posts

Re: Where are the reporters?

I noticed that too. It's been a weak-arsed summer for news which is rather surprising.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Maldenlady. Show Maldenlady's posts

Well, the loss of the Bank of America jobs is certainly news, and there's a lot of controversy about the halfway houses that doesn't seem to be going away....so there are certainly some meaty issues...kinda makes ya wonder what, if anything, is going on behind the scenes...maybe the reporters are just waiting for Act II?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gutclencher. Show Gutclencher's posts

Sorry to jump in here, but the news went south quite some time ago.  Things sort of finally curled up and took a hard vacation, when everyone stopped trash talking about me on almost the same day.
    I'm playing the mostly quiet game along with the news media.
    Maybe if they don't report it, it isn't as bad as the bits of news that still dribbles out?  Home values still sinking in Malden and crime still happening.
    I'm glad someone else noticed.  I'm waiting for the next shoe, whatever it is, to drop.  Till then, happy no-real-news Summer.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from laurie19. Show laurie19's posts

I had a discussion based on the same thing about a month ago.  There was no mention or coverage of the Malden High School graduation, (news must sleep on Sundays) but plenty of coverage of Mystic Valley and MC's Graduation.   Don't get it...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from WardWatch. Show WardWatch's posts

I'm happy I am not the only one. What about getting out the guts of this city and what those of us who live here have to deal with. Have the people who cover malden ever taken a walk around the city and spoken with the folks who call Malden home? Have they ever attempted to shop here? Have they driven around and hit the same potholes we do? Been harassed by the people around the Orange line? Seen the needles on their sidewalks? Attempted to call their elected officials with a problem or concern? Give it a try and maybe then we can have a voice.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

To All ---First The reporters who suppose to report what happens in
    City Hall are Puppets to this Administration, other cities arround us
    make sure the Minutes of all Meetings are printed in the papers or on line and also report the votes taken and who voted for what.
    Most cities have the minutes available to the papers/internet but not
    Malden they are afraid to tell the citizens what is really going on.
    I asked for minutes of previous meeting and have been given the run arround, even committee minites are not available, public meeting minutes are not even posted for people to read this the City Clerk and Clerk of Committee not doing their Jobs. Again call me names but I care for this city and have been one step ahead of this City Council
    and the Mayor on all Issues; Let them prove me wrong!
    Ask the mayor where is the Malden Harbor Master Office and why this position has no phone number or e-mail address deem s like another backroom deal. Call the mayor and ask him! See what he says!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gutclencher. Show Gutclencher's posts

Ward:  I think we have to be our own voice.  Something fishy is going on.  If I say much more, everyone will think I'm over the edge.  I'm hoping others see what is going on.  Only then, things I point to can make sense.
    Ten or more years back, I stepped over what appeared to be a spent shell casing from a bullet on the sidewalk in front of my mother-in-laws' house here in Malden.  Only because of my sometimes anal attention to watching where I walk and my time in the military, did I even notice the faint gleam under my foot during mid step of the flattened shell casing.
    I did an intense but quick 360 degree scan of the immediate area for any anomalies in the surrounding neighborhood.  I should have taken the hint then, instead of waiting so long, to realize that something wasn't quite right in town.
    But I had grown up in some pretty rough neighborhoods in Boston and been in some pretty rough situations in the military oversees, so I didn't feel the immediate scope of the situation at the time.
    I'm older now and a lot more tuned in to the overall situation in town now.
    And it is strange.
    I'm watching and I will remember, whatever happens or doesn't happen this Summer.  I hope that doesn't make me into a townie in training.
    Let me know if this is TMI.

:-)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnoughAlreadyPlease. Show EnoughAlreadyPlease's posts

Gutclencher,
    I'd like to hear what you think is going on, I'm curious on other people's perspectives on what is going on in the city.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gutclencher. Show Gutclencher's posts

Not in public.  Perception is nine-tenths of the law.  Some things that slip over into the realm of gut feelings are best talked about off board.  Maybe over a cup of tea sometime, if people are game.  I don't drink coffee.
    I'll see what others say publicly and see how things flow.
    Otherwise, have a happy quiet Summer.  Little serious news is good news, right?

In Response to Re: Where are the reporters?:
    [QUOTE]Gutclencher, I'd like to hear what you think is going on, I'm curious on other people's perspectives on what is going on in the city.
    Posted by EnoughAlreadyPlease[/QUOTE]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from laurie19. Show laurie19's posts

Good point, We've been here for 27 years and the only business my family did was shop @ Stop & Shop,  then realized the prices are out of control and now shop out of town.   It's real hard to invest in a city that does'nt promote/monitor it's city businesses. We have'nt seen the city  moving  in the right direction since we moved in. A good example is downtown, when we bought our realitor could'nt say ENOUGH about Malden and it's rebirth of downtown and it's surrounding areas. I've seen plenty of "dollar and ethnic stores" which are no value to us,  (I guess being young the realitor -(local no name mentioned) took advantage of us)  Hopefully this city moves in the right direction  for the better but being here for many years I don't see it turning around anytime soon. Our next play will be to sell and move once our kids are out of school and join the many who left for a better quality of life.   

n Response to Re: Where are the reporters?:
    [QUOTE]I'm happy I am not the only one. What about getting out the guts of this city and what those of us who live here have to deal with. Have the people who cover malden ever taken a walk around the city and spoken with the folks who call Malden home? Have they ever attempted to shop here? Have they driven around and hit the same potholes we do? Been harassed by the people around the Orange line? Seen the needles on their sidewalks? Attempted to call their elected officials with a problem or concern? Give it a try and maybe then we can have a voice.
    Posted by WardWatch[/QUOTE]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NewMalden. Show NewMalden's posts

I am in COMPLETE agreement Ward, while out obtaining my 200 signatures for this year’s election I have been walking the wards, speaking with the residents and taking in the city as a whole. All of the issues you mentioned are 100% fact! I also wonder if any of the current (or prospective) elected officials have done this recently instead of throwing fundraisers? It had been quite an educational experience for me and has driven me even more to become our next Councillor at large. This city is headed in the wrong direction and in my option I have not seen anything done recently to correct its course.  My #1 suggestion is this; we need more police funding so we can get officers walking and riding (by bike) the neighborhoods, squares and downtown. I spent late Friday afternoon last week walking around downtown trying to meet residents and let me tell you what I saw was a sad state of affairs. Our police can only do so much with the resources they have, they need more so Malden can be more. Candidate – Andrew Pepoli

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from voteforme. Show voteforme's posts

You all need reporters to tell you what's going on in Malden?  I don't get it, when the news is quiet about Malden people complain and when there is a problem people complain.  Would you all rather hear about shootings in the news?  Gutclencher,  your little "shell casing" story happened over ten years ago, forget about it.  You have the opportunity to get your guy elected so maybe he can do something about it.  Like Mr. Pepoli said, there is not enough enforcement, it will get worse too.  We as citizens need to band together to make it the city we want to live in.  No news story is going to change what is happening here.  Go out Nov. 8th and vote for who you think will do the best job, but don't expect miracles.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from fscib52. Show fscib52's posts

Two Words explains it all

orange Line

here's another couple of words that would explain our deteriation in malden.
    section 8 vouchers

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from voteforme. Show voteforme's posts

How about 54 level 2 and 24 level 3 sex offenders.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

NewMalden---There is Federal Funding for Community Policing but it
    is not being ask for by this City Council or Mayor's Office. Look at
    cities that have Community Policing and Officers walking beats and
    riding bikes (weather permitting) it seems to work. I know how it
    worked in Somerville and still working. Again when you have a Professional Grant Writer does the research and finds the Funding for Public Safety is a plus for every city, but in Malden the elected 
    officials only care for their friends and relatives. The Papers in Malden are afraid to report on anything wrong in City Hall and just lets it get worse and worse by the day. Again why did this Mayor 
    only offer to hire nine firefighters instead of what the Safer Grant
    requires again the City Council is afraid to challenge this Mayor.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gutclencher. Show Gutclencher's posts

"raising hand"  Yes, I need reporters.
    Listening to news reports.
    Listening to voters.
    Listening to concerns around town.
    I'll never forget some things, Vote, but thanks for the advice.
    No one mentioned "miracles" till you did Vote.
    Knowing the latest registered sex offender is within a few small blocks of my house, isn't comfortable.
    I'm glad people are at least reading my stories.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from voteforme. Show voteforme's posts

Gutclencher,  don't take it personal!  "dont expect miracles" was just an expression, I didn't say you had to perform them.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gutclencher. Show Gutclencher's posts

I may need one for you Vote.  I may need one for you.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from voteforme. Show voteforme's posts

LOL!  You are just too funny! Go out there, mingle with the people, maybe sometime you can let your candidate voice his own opinions.
    It really looks like you are running for office instead of Mr. Robillard.
    That is a pitty!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from fugghedaboutit. Show fugghedaboutit's posts

In Response to Re: Where are the reporters?:
    [QUOTE]I'm happy I am not the only one. What about getting out the guts of this city and what those of us who live here have to deal with. Have the people who cover malden ever taken a walk around the city and spoken with the folks who call Malden home? Have they ever attempted to shop here? Have they driven around and hit the same potholes we do? Been harassed by the people around the Orange line? Seen the needles on their sidewalks? Attempted to call their elected officials with a problem or concern? Give it a try and maybe then we can have a voice.
    Posted by WardWatch[/QUOTE]

HA! I've tried EVERYTHING possible that I choose to try, I've made calls, sent emails, it doesn't seem to matter too much to anyone because they don't have to deal with/live here with the problems...everything is just heresay unless you live it yourself - maybe I've been barking up the wrong trees here, but the issues I've dealt with could have been handled by now by SOMEONE, I'm sure - (years of b.s. later)...I'm sure things could've been done to make a better/safer/healthier environment for us, the workers/taxpayers/homeowners...I have half given up the fight, if I give up altogether they will own us, the streets, the city -

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gutclencher. Show Gutclencher's posts

fugghedaboutit:   I'm living it too and it's time to try again.  With a little luck, maybe we can get new faces in city hall.  Maybe also getting the new faces to pay a little more attention to issues in all corners of the city.
    We can hope.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from fscib52. Show fscib52's posts

Fug
    I am exactly where you are. My family, hard working Italian, has been a part of this city for 100 years. we choose not to be part of any political party, but we are loyal supporters of those who care. There is very little of that going on right now. A lot of selfish doings going on in this city.
    This city needs help and a strong leader who will not play the liberal game that is going, like in washington.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gutclencher. Show Gutclencher's posts

Twitter:  The Committee to Elect John Robillard is adventuring into the realm of Twitter.
    As we learn the service, we will start making more information available via this outlet.  The reporters can catch up later.

http://twitter.com/RobillardMalden