where is the Malden Harbor Master, where is office and what are his duties;

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

where is the Malden Harbor Master, where is office and what are his duties;

First do you know who is your Malden Harbor Master, where is his Office & phone Number located and what type boat does he use;
    Please some explain this job and explain how when you look at the
    Web Page it has no office location or phone number or even what
    his duties are. I know it is councilor Anderson and he seems he is
    never on the Job why does he have the title than;
    Everyone look at the page this another Backroom deal for favors or
    votes the Mayor needed.
    Question is do we need these type of appointments;
     If this appointment is just for title it is Hack Position with no job just
    a title;

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from anotherman. Show anotherman's posts

Re: where is the Malden Harbor Master, where is office and what are his duties;

Hey Driver54,

Why don't you ask the man, councillor Neal Anderson, directly? Since you seem to know who the "Malden Harbor Master" is, here's his contact information listed from the city's website:

Neal Anderson
    Councillor Ward 7
    56 Mills Street
    Telephone: (781) 321-3167
    E-mail: nanderson@cityofmalden.org

I couldn't find the information you are referring to in your post on the city's website, so why don't you go to the source directly, instead of posing these questions on this forum?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

Lets Make it simple----Does he have a Job or is this just an appointment with no responsibility but a thank you job for voting with him on all matters; Look at other responsible Harbor Masters
    in and around us. All I am saying he is a Political Hack --in other words you scratch my back and I scratch yours ---It is known that
    is how this City Mayor and Councilors work.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from anotherman. Show anotherman's posts

Driver54:

Why don't you file a complaint with the District Attorney or the state Attorney General to investigate this matter, since you are so good and passionate about this?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from greysquirrel. Show greysquirrel's posts

Who really cares about where his office is and what type of boat he uses? From what I understand, this is just a ceremonial position. It is non-paying and their is no money budgeted for this position. I could see if the city was wasting all kinds of money on this position, and for equipment, but they are not. We all know you are running against Anderson and seem to have some sort of vendetta against him, but lets move on to more important problems facing Ward 7 and the city rather than wasting time on this nonsense.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

Greysquirral   Lets talk issues that he avoids on a daily basis;
    (1) Tell the residents and his neighbors about the Safer Grant and why is him and rest of the City Council not asking the Mayor to Fully
    implement the Grant and have meetings explaining the Funding.
    (2) How will city fionance the New Fire Station and why has these meetings not open to the Public---another Back door deal or a Tax
    increase for the residents and homeowners;
    (3) Fixing of streets and sidewalks in his ward with Chapter  90 Money---(i.e. Corner of Essex & Henry street, Corner of Ferry and Belmont sts, Henry Street from Rich St to Cross Street needs to be
    repaved totally, sidewalk at corner of Mills & Ferry St lefthand side)
    these are just a few of the problem areas but he will not hear the
    residents of these streets he has a deaf ear to them;
    (4) street sweeping signs on streets that do not have any but still
    is ticket when they get swept. Want More I have a list I even asked for a debate before the election and he avoids them never had a ward meeting this year WhY?
    ####Please if I had a vendetta he would surely know it!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from greysquirrel. Show greysquirrel's posts

Driver 54 - This discussion section is titled "where is the Malden Harbor Master,  where is his office and what are his duties?" Your ramblings above have nothing to do with this section! You keep bringing up the same old arguments in every discussion group. Safer Grants, New Fire stations, new sidewalks and street sweeping have nothing to do with the Harbor Master, unless of course the entire City of Malden suddenly became flooded under water. I bet you would love the Harbor Master then. There are plenty of other discussion sections to express your concerns about grants, sidewalks and street sweeping.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

I understand that the Harbor Master Position or its title is supported by guidelines and it is considered a Public Safety Position by rules
    set up by our government. You do not just appoint any one to a
    position with out duties where protecting lives is part of their job.
    What was his qualifications and was it ever brought up for public discussion. How can you have an assistant without a Office, phone,
    e-mail address this smells like Political Hackrama at its highest level. 
    Greysquirral are you another voice who afraid to discuss the issues facing the Malden Taxpayers.
    How about having Ward meetings this Councilor Anderson is not doing responsible duties that he was elected to do have Public Ward meetings.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from anotherman. Show anotherman's posts

Driver54:

You are wasting your time with this discussion. Like greysquirrel says, this could just be a ceremonial position with no pay involved.

There are more important and critical issues affecting Malden these days, and for someone like you running for a Councillor's seat, I thought you would be more astute and savvier with how to connect with the voters and constituents. Doesn't your "political advisor" give you any pointers on that?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

anotherman ---I am concerned about Issues which i have stated before and will state again;
    (1) Making sure that the firefighters get hired back and a full explaination why only nine when the Grant in its context say at least
    16 should be hired back;
    (2) Find Funding for the New Fire Station instead of putting it on the backs of residents and businesses in this city;
    (3) Find funding for community policing programs via hiring more officers, walking beats, police sub stations accross the city;
    (4) Find funding for repairing our streets and sidewalks and having the funds used for this purpose only no pet projects made behind
    close doors;
    (5 ) walk the ward on a daily schedule and have regular ward meetings for resident to attend so I can hear the complaints and try
    to resolve them in a timely manner;
    (5) Find out why the traffic /parking officers issue tickets on street
    sweeping days when the streets have no signage which is a violation.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from greysquirrel. Show greysquirrel's posts

Driver 54 - While your at it, why don't you see if their is a grant for some money to get the Harbor Master an office, a phone number, and a boat. There seems to be more activity on the Malden River these days and I'm sure the current Harbor Master would appreciate your assistance.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from WantOutofHere. Show WantOutofHere's posts

Driver54,
    You are never going to get elected to anything if ytou keep wasting your time here. Go out and knock on some doors. Do you really think the majority of Malden voters ever read these blogs?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

wantoutofhere---two points First---is I am walking my ward all the time and listening to the residents in Ward 7;
    2nd---I trying to stay out of the heat lately and learning what the citizens of malden need done to make this a better city;
    Finally --read the Malden Advocate.com my article---interesting!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonofmalden. Show anonofmalden's posts

None of them are hired to have public ward meetings.

And the HM job is non-paid. I do not think we will be attacked via the Malden River at any point in the near future. But thats just my guess.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

Anonofmalden--First they are elected to their positions and should have responsibility to represent and inform the residents in their wards with meetings telling them what is happening.
    Second---A Harbor Master is a very responsible Job and it is considered a Public Safety Position but in Malden they hand out titles with no responsibilities making this look like a city of fools.
     this my last post---I hope he likes his non-job position what a phoney he is. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonofmalden. Show anonofmalden's posts

Very bitter. It is shocking at times when I look to my left and see a "Phoney" calling the one to my right a "Phoney"

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

I believe it is a very serious position. I am shocked we do not have a Navy. How do we know that no one planted mines in the river? Or if we are safe from Nessie? And Anono you are wrong. A russian sub can sneak in past the large grates and attack Super 88 at any time. Driver you bring up a great point. How can we even call him during an attack if he has no phone?

Driver what is your take on this?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

Pats---That was Funny----Why not ask the Harbor Masters in other
    cities and see if the job is important not just a title;
    The Malden River is active with schools using it for rowing,
     but you think he does not have to be responsible for his title;

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

Pats Find out who Patrols the Charles River and titles these people
    have. or who patrols the Mystic River and oh Boston Harbor.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

Pats2012---Call Councilor Anderson and ask him why his boat is not

Docked there or why when his Yacht is moved it is done with out

proper permits and ask him where he has it stored.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

They have a large building with guards out in the open. Its different from Revere, Salem, Nahant, Chelsea, East Boston.

You sure he has a yacht?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

Pats2012   ask his neighbors---even the ones on Essex Street;

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from hellgirl. Show hellgirl's posts

In Response to Re: where is the Malden Harbor Master, where is office and what are his duties;:
    [QUOTE]I believe it is a very serious position. I am shocked we do not have a Navy. How do we know that no one planted mines in the river? Or if we are safe from Nessie? And Anono you are wrong. A russian sub can sneak in past the large grates and attack Super 88 at any time. Driver you bring up a great point. How can we even call him during an attack if he has no phone? Driver what is your take on this?
    Posted by Pats2012Champs[/QUOTE]

Duh. The river's too small for Nessie. OMG Pats. I can't believe you'd fall for that!

But your point about Red October is a good one. I think my neighbor might let me borrow his dinghy. We could commission it as the first official Malden Naval Vessel. The USS TinHat. I can probably even arm it with a Red Ryder BB gun to ensure that we do put the Russkies eye out.

Obviously, COMM would be the highest of tech with tin cans and string...but it'd be the latest in can/string technology. Smart cans, if you will.

You in?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

Hey hellgirl---I know all about you and what people really are saying
     in Somerville where you work; Like I said right now it T-5 days
    and it seems that the IQ here is less than 1.
    I feel sorry when people get titles that have no responsibility but  is
    considered a Public Safety Position with most agencies that work with the Harbor Masters in Massachusett. I think it is wrong that
    titles are given to butt kissers with no qualifications.
    Harbor Masters are important to the Public safety which this man
    is making a mockery of;

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

Driver you know Malden River is blocked off to the harbor right? Its not really a real job. Its like a Figure Head for the river. Its tradition. Those guys in the tower on the Medford line do the real stuff. If you thin the Harbor Master is a real paying Job then I think you have more issues upstairs then we thought.