Who won

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driver54. Show Driver54's posts

Re: Who won

Sorry to you all but he is driving the nurses insane so please understand he drive everyone nuts because that is my dad, wanted
    to know where the papers were at 6Am this morning and wanted a
    telephone in his room and tv. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from voteforme. Show voteforme's posts

Wow, like father, like son. LOL!!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AnnieOMalden. Show AnnieOMalden's posts

I’ve watched the debate again and am still in shock at a few things Gary had to say. I know there is a general consensus that Gary is only going to be “more of the same”. When Gary said his #1 priority is to move city hall, all I could think about is how that is a subject near and dear to the Mayor. He has wanted to move city hall for years and has floated that idea several times. To have that as your priority over the many issues facing us is just plain ridiculous. I listened to Gary speak and also wondered where has this guy been all these years when the city was falling down around him? He has been a good ward councilor but clearly lacks a city-wide vision.

To continue the practice of selling off the city to solve our budget woes is ludicrous. His idea is to just keep building apartment buildings and that would bring in income to pay for more police and fire fighters. Really? How is that going to work? We are already overstocked with apartments and have steadily seen our first responders cut while the population has risen. We cannot manage the population we have and now are just going to keep adding? Makes no sense.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from AnnieOMalden. Show AnnieOMalden's posts

This Mayor has turned a blind eye to the crime we have in this city and only after a loud public outcry after a number of shootings did the Mayor do something and had the Sheriff’s tour bus park in the city for a few weekends. Gary doesn’t see his first priority should be to hire more police and enforce our laws to protect our citizens. Few business owners are going to establish themselves in a city where the citizens don’t feel safe. Like it is now. No matter where or how beautiful the city hall and senior center is. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from AnnieOMalden. Show AnnieOMalden's posts

Gary has joined the crowd who will tell you we cannot do anything about the sober houses and drug treatment centers we have here. Why are so many here? Maybe because there is a thriving population of those who need the services of a drug treatment center and sober houses? Folks, we need to take back our city! What business wants to move to a city where there is a huge population of drug addicts who don’t utilize the treatment centers and are robbing our homes and the businesses that are here? If you don’t believe they are here just take a bench down in Malden T stop or anyplace along Pleasant Street. No opening up of Pleasant St. is going to make a difference if we continue to be overwhelmed by drug addicts. The police cannot handle what is going on with only 85 officers. They need our help too!

We need to create a safe environment for the citizens and potential businesses. Sadly Gary cannot see the reality of the condition we are in. He won’t “bash the city you live in” which ironically brought the Gary supporters to disrespect the debate and clap which indicates they feel we are in no danger here. The first step in correcting a problem is admitting you have a problem. “Appearance is everything” means to cover up the problems and pretend all is well. We’ll never fix what is wrong here as long as we pretend we have no problems here. No doubt this city has tremendous potential and with the right leadership can  return and surpass its once greatness. Maybe that is why I get so upset with the current administration and seeing a continuation of this with a Christenson administration. Perhaps it is because I have not always lived here that I have a point of reference for the problems and potential here. What I do know for sure is we need a different leadership and a true vision for our futures and we will get that with Deb Fallon as our Mayor. Not more of the same.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from KaysieMae. Show KaysieMae's posts

Educated Maldonian - GC threw the first punch.  I re-ran my tape over and over and the first initial punch was "I'd be interested to what she has done in the last two years".  And then he said re: attracting new business...that's strange on one hand the development of city hall is not a priority but somewhere else and not City Hall is a priority.  And....after two bashes from him, she then went after him.  So don't say she bashed him first. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Educatedmaldonian. Show Educatedmaldonian's posts

In Response to Re: Who won:
    [QUOTE]Educated Maldonian - GC threw the first punch.  I re-ran my tape over and over and the first initial punch was "I'd be interested to what she has done in the last two years".  And then he said re: attracting new business...that's strange on one hand the development of city hall is not a priority but somewhere else and not City Hall is a priority.  And....after two bashes from him, she then went after him.  So don't say she bashed him first. 
    Posted by KaysieMae[/QUOTE]
    I never said anything about who threw the first punch.  I was so excited to see Gary step out of his usual calm as a cucumber demeanor and finally call Fallon out on her misconceptions and fact fumbling! I still think he went too easy on her.  If you can't take a few jabs, you should get out of politics.  She should know better coming from her long line of political family members!  She has been "trained well" in the slick political talk and she certainly knows how to take cheap shots, so we all know that Fallon and her followers are backpedaling hard now to make it look otherwise. 
    Did she think if she won, she would get an "easy pass" on issues?  Politics takes passion- if you can't handle being questioned, you shouldn't be running.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Educatedmaldonian. Show Educatedmaldonian's posts

[QUOTE] Gary has joined the crowd who will tell you we cannot do anything about the sober houses and drug treatment centers we have here. Why are so many here? Maybe because there is a thriving population of those who need the services of a drug treatment center and sober houses? Folks, we need to take back our city! What business wants to move to a city where there is a huge population of drug addicts who don’t utilize the treatment centers and are robbing our homes and the businesses that are here? If you don’t believe they are here just take a bench down in Malden T stop or anyplace along Pleasant Street. No opening up of Pleasant St. is going to make a difference if we continue to be overwhelmed by drug addicts. The police cannot handle what is going on with only 85 officers. They need our help too!   We need to create a safe environment for the citizens and potential businesses. Sadly Gary cannot see the reality of the condition we are in. He won’t “bash the city you live in” which ironically brought the Gary supporters to disrespect the debate and clap which indicates they feel we are in no danger here. The first step in correcting a problem is admitting you have a problem. “Appearance is everything” means to cover up the problems and pretend all is well. We’ll never fix what is wrong here as long as we pretend we have no problems here. No doubt this city has tremendous potential and with the right leadership can   return and surpass its once greatness. Maybe that is why I get so upset with the current administration and seeing a continuation of this with a Christenson administration. Perhaps it is because I have not always lived here that I have a point of reference for the problems and potential here. What I do know for sure is we need a different leadership and a true vision for our futures and we will get that with Deb Fallon as our Mayor. Not more of the same.  
    Posted by AnnieOMalden[/QUOTE]
    Keep going Annie O- you are working hard for us!  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MaldenPride. Show MaldenPride's posts

I think Educatedmaldonian has a little man crush ;-)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from AnnieOMalden. Show AnnieOMalden's posts

[QUOTE]I think Educatedmaldonian has a little man crush ;-)
    Posted by MaldenPride[/QUOTE]

Oh, I think it is way past "crush"! He has several screen names: educated/active/curiousmaldonian etc. and gushes for Gary in every one! LOL

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Julii. Show Julii's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who won : Oh, I think it is way past "crush"! He has several screen names: educated/active/curiousmaldonian etc. and gushes for Gary in every one! LOL
    Posted by AnnieOMalden[/QUO

Another inappropriate (and misinformed) comment sponsored by Annie. Two of those posters are women, but you know best, Annie! You're taking quite a liberty by commenting on sexual orientation. Homophobia by Annie, in the the name of Deb Fallon for mayor! ....did someone use the word "class"? .....(I feel the wrath of Annie coming! She's been called out for her inappropriate behavior again! )

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tornado1956. Show Tornado1956's posts

I think Man Crush, was a better way to put it than to be bold and come right out and say YOU ARE GAY. I have seen people in here past and present call Annie O, names which is different how? What because you did not call her a Lesbian, you still showed disrespect by making a statement at all.
    How can anything get accomplished with crap like this going on? Why not pull our and yes I did say OUR meaning all of us HEADS OUT OF OUR A$$, get over our attitudes and work together? Lot's more might get done.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from KaysieMae. Show KaysieMae's posts

This has become a serious disrespectful posting.  Stop knocking the candidates.  YOU vote for who you want and WE, THE PEOPLE, WILL VOTE FOR THE BEST CANDIDATE, DEBORAH FALLON.  Three weeks from tonight it will be decided.   I'm ready for a party!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from AnnieOMalden. Show AnnieOMalden's posts

Julii: Are you always so negative? Or immature? Do you not have a clue what the term "man crush" means? Seinfeld did a show on it even! It has nothing to do with being gay or gayness. Clearly you are the homophobe here. I'm thinking it is you who are being inappropriate and quite ignorant to twist this into something it is not. Your friend educatedmaldonian has morphed into the alter ego "activemaldonian" and is another fool. Yes, I called you both fools. What you are doing is classic mudslinging and nonbecoming of a political campaign. How's that for wrath? Keep making things up and I will be happy to expose you for the ignoramus you are. Grow up and maybe someday you can sit at the adult table. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from activemaldonian. Show activemaldonian's posts

These comments are way off line.
    DONE.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from AnnieOMalden. Show AnnieOMalden's posts

educated/activemaldonian: I am glad you deleted your previous comment and are now done. Too late though the damage has been done.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JustinApinyen. Show JustinApinyen's posts

Just from pure observation of the immaturity of all of these posts, y'all need to grow up. Plain and simple, I have never in my life seen such disrespectful and unnecessary jabs at each other. Both sides clearly think they are both taking the high road, but you've all lowered yourselves below the lowest point. Each candidate has positive qualities, I don't think there is a clear winner as of yet, but neither should be placed in office because their followers have the better "come-backs". Just from reading the way each of you write, I can tell that you are all, if not almost all are older than me, and you should be ashamed of yourselves. You should be making the next generations want to vote, to better the community, not to validate "that you were right, nah-nah-nah-nah-naaaaah-naaaaahhh" Grow-TFU!