Who would win in the Ward 3 Council seat race?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rite2010. Show Rite2010's posts

Who would win in the Ward 3 Council seat race?

What do you think?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkDontTrip. Show WalkDontTrip's posts

Re: Who would win in the Ward 3 Council seat race?

john did great before.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MaldenPride. Show MaldenPride's posts

Matheson

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVCSparent. Show MVCSparent's posts

Ken Coye

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkDontTrip. Show WalkDontTrip's posts

Parent I agree with alot you say. But Coye will cook the books up.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rite2010. Show Rite2010's posts

I think John or Robert would be an excellent choice.  It is time for new faces in Malden.   

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ward5. Show ward5's posts

Mr Buckley is the only choice here, the other two have been known to be in the Mayors camp and have aqquired a taste of  the kool aid. Good luck Mr Buckley!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MaldenSenior. Show MaldenSenior's posts

lets have a debate will ALL the Ward 3 candidates  @ Beebe school covered by MATV with panel of activists in the ward

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from smum. Show smum's posts

In Response to Who would win in the Ward 3 Council seat race?:
    [QUOTE]What do you think?
    Posted by Rite2010[/QUOTE]

Matheson!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Malden02148. Show Malden02148's posts

Matheson. He goes the extra mile.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rcochran. Show rcochran's posts

Here is why I go with John, hands down.
    - He is an experienced attorney who actually brought his experience to the city council before and will continue to do so.  He will be the only practicing attorney on the council.  That is reason alone.
    - Referencing above, if you didn't know, he was called to serve on the council in 2008 to replace someone who resigned suddenly.  Instead of grandstanding the job and using this momentum to jump out of the ward 3 race and run city wide as a reelection, he chose to run in ward 3 where he told the people he would run.  
    - He has continued to serve the city of malden in a volunteering capacity on the Board of Directors at the Bread of Life.  NOT JUS DURING ELECTION SEASON but for years now.

As for Buckley
    - I have nothing bad to say about him because I don't know him but it's just not his time.  John has put in enourmous effort for this city.  Incidently, if Buckley, a complete newcommer, wants to serve Malden, why not run for the empty school committee seat?

As for Coye
    I won't jump on the band wagon and say he cooked the books on his crime stats because I don't have first hand knowledge of that.  It does scare me that people talk about that.  If it IS true, end of story.  My only impression of Mr. Coye is when he used our Reverse 911 system which calls Malden households in case of a pressing emergency and announced his retirement from the force.  Capital T for Tacky!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from WantOutofHere. Show WantOutofHere's posts

Well, Kenny Coye was police chief, and Ward 3 saw it's home breakins go up dramitcally. Remember that the crime statistics were dummied down to make things look better than they were.
    Matheson ran twice. The first time he ran he also did a secret write in campaign for the At-Large position, and didn't tell anyone until he was actually got the At-large spot with 23 votes after 2 other people resigned . For 6 months he was on, didn't do that much and basically went along with the status quo.
    Was basically a no-show around the ward during the time between elections.
    So that leaves the the 3rd guy by default, since he has no baggage, no mistakes, no cover ups.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rite2010. Show Rite2010's posts

I have noticed that people are posting comments, but not voting in the poll?  You have to register with Boston.com/Malden and then you will be able to vote. 

In regards to WantOutofHere's post....It is funny about his comments about how under former (Thankfully) Chief Coye's watch Ward 3's home break in's went up (along with the whole city).  What is little known because it was not reported to the media is that Coyes house was also broken into during this time.  Some Chief he was?  He couldn't even stop people from breaking into his own house while he was giving everybody lip service that Malden was safe.    

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from maldenrezident. Show maldenrezident's posts

How about the Mayor's car getting broken into in the parking lot under the police station? That's a sure sign the junkies are out of control!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from WantOutofHere. Show WantOutofHere's posts

Some of these people have no fear of the police. there were some deadbeats hanging around the Florence St parking lot. They got arrested one day, and the next day they were back.

But my favorite is the fact that the mayor has a Level 3 sex offender living next door.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ezdoesit. Show ezdoesit's posts

Truths:
    1) Coye and Buckley have been close friends for years and are running together to trigger a primary on 9/13 to dilute the votes for Matheson (who has paid his dues for years). 
    2) Primaries are an expensive waste of our money, and if Buckley was sincere about helping the city he could have walked into the empty school committee seat.
    3) Coye was in the Globe in 2007 for his memo to the dept. to write as many tickets on Malden folks as possible to raise money. 
    4) June, 2009 the force voted no-confidence 54-10 in Coye as chief.
    5) Coye is not fit to govern even if he didn't cook the crime books so Malden could win its best city award.
    You retired Ken, enjoy your big pension and stop making things worse.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LastMaldenite. Show LastMaldenite's posts

Hey wantoutahere why don't you just go.  Pick your stuff up and take the next train out.  I like it here and if you don't well dont let the door hit you on the way out.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from anotherman. Show anotherman's posts

In Response to Re: Who would win in the Ward 3 Council seat race?:
    [QUOTE]Hey wantoutahere why don't you just go.  Pick your stuff up and take the next train out.  I like it here and if you don't well dont let the door hit you on the way out.
    Posted by LastMaldenite[/QUOTE]

LastMaldenite = "See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil" = The perfect "Yes" man for Mayor Howard

I recall LastMaldenite in an earlier post giving kudos to Mayor's Howard beautification campaign along major roads in Malden, that's all you need to know about LastMaldenite.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVInsider. Show MVInsider's posts

Anotherman -
     But doesn't LastMaldenite credit Kinnon with just about everything good that has happened in Malden since he became Councilor?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from fugghedaboutit. Show fugghedaboutit's posts

In Response to Re: Who would win in the Ward 3 Council seat race?:
    [QUOTE]Hey wantoutahere why don't you just go.  Pick your stuff up and take the next train out.  I like it here and if you don't well dont let the door hit you on the way out.
    Posted by LastMaldenite[/QUOTE]

I liked it here once too - till I had problems that seem to have no resolution, till I asked for help and have been told I must help myself which is what I thought I was doing when I asked for help!

I can understand the mentality of "want out of here" - it's not that easy to just pick up and go, maybe his family doesn't want to leave, maybe when it comes down to it,  you have more ties to malden that you realized and MAYBE there's some hope around that next corner, so you stay, and you stay and things still never get better, and before you know it you're feeling your age, you can't face moving, packing, leaving everything you know...so what you do is.. come here, vent,Yell whine, be caustic, squawk, whine, cry, vent some more?  Yell

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats2012Champs. Show Pats2012Champs's posts

He really used the reverse 911 for that? That is too funny.

"Hi I do not mean to scare the bejesus out of you, but im calling to let you know im going to retire....Hey you guys stop, I can clean out my own desk."

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LastMaldenite. Show LastMaldenite's posts

?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from LastMaldenite. Show LastMaldenite's posts

:}}

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rite2010. Show Rite2010's posts

It seems that Mr. Coye's campaign is faltering.  I heard he had a very small turn out for his political fundraiser last month.  On the other hand I heard Mr. Matheson's campaign has had great support.  Does anybody have any further insight on the race?    

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from fscib52. Show fscib52's posts

welcome back fug.
    These postings are good for us. It is like watching the soprano's. you get to know the characters.
    i think driver is starting to scare me.